that_girl

November 2009 filers

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, me ish back lol

ok, here is my review :

Saturday :

Flight was kinda long, but watched 3 movies and some food documentary bout pancakes and bacon n eggs lol, and it was ok

My POE was Charlotte NC, luckily, 50% of the plane was US citizen, and 40% was old slow foreign frenchies lol, so I run to the "visitor" line, and passed the checking point in less then 10 min. He asked random questions bout my resident country, what i do for work, why am I here and where will I live. He was nice :). He kept my passport and took the brown envelope, and gave me a number, number 1 lol. I was the only K1 visa on the plane. But he told me that an officer will come and help me with my luggage, and he never did :(

I went to wait for my luggage. I got my 3 bags and 1 of my 2 boxes in like 10 min, but had to wait 25 min for my last box who came all smashed :(. but luckily, the tape hold it all together :hehe: . Then I went to the second checkpoint, pushing my 2 caddies. The guy at the counter called an officer to help me :hehe:. They saw I was exhausted, so the guy just told me about the 1 time entry and the "get married in less then 90 days", passed my luggage in the scanner. I'm lucky they didn't inspected them, cos I had to sit on my bags to close them lol, if they try to open them, it'll kaboom and my undies will fly all over the airport :rofl:

I was the last one to leave the checking point. If it wasn't for my broken box, the POE would have taken like less then 20 min.

My baby was waiting for me (L) and what we did is personal lol :devil:

My first impression? "OMG, so many restaurants :blink:". like 10 every half a mile. You can never die from hunger in this country lol.

Once we got home, Mirra (the rotty) was so excited and started licking me and cuddling with me, Elly (the lab) was a bit shy. licking my feet from time to time.

We went out for dinner, I asked for a "small" salad, I got a huge salad, enough for 4 lol. and the "Do you want a box to take home with you" is new to me :blink: . Atleast less food wasting. and ... an 8$ tip for a 30$ bill :blink: . God we frenchy are cheap on tips.

Sunday :

:( jet lag. resting ... grocery and essential shopping. My baby made me his special barbecue cheesy burger. soooo yummy

Monday :

Went to open a bank account. couldn't. Said I need the SSN application paper at least to do that. Will have to wait 2 weeks till after the wedding. oh well.

Went to meet Drue's Sister and family. It was their 13 year wedding anniversay. They invited us out for pizza ... for two 24 inch pizza :blink:. omg, how am I gonna loose some weight with all that fattening food :wacko:. I barely could finish one slice.

I started to do 1 hour of Wii fit plus everyday, but I don't think it'll be enough to burn all that lol.

We played a word guessing game. I'm surprised I was pretty good at it, even tho I didn't understand the "saying" sentences and some words lol. Was just saying words I heard on TV and they were like "wow, how do you know those words" :rofl:

Tuesday :

My baby is back to work. So I'm relaxing. Playing with fetch with the doggies. They both are taking good care of their mommy :luv: . Elly gives mommy daily toes and feet care (licking them lol), and Mirra gives mommy daily "120 pounds rotty lap massage" (she thinks she is a lap dog lol). but they are both so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Elly always lays down next to me, follows me around in the house. I just love her.

lol, Mirra is snoring right now. She is something lol.

I'm just having the most wonderful time ever. My baby is taking so good care of me.

Thanks guys for everything :luv:

Can't wait to read for your wonderful reviews on moving/having your hubbies moving to the US.

The civil wedding is in 2 weeks. I have no idea on what to do :(, what to prepare. Anyone knows a good wedding cake bakery or something? or where to find nice/simple wedding decoration in SC?. help :(

love you guys

Edit : wooooooooooooooooooooo for HandA visa in hand. when is she coming over?

:thumbs:

now close hmmmm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HandA - Lady HandA/Gagga has got her visa in hand! Fantastic! :dance: She's got her work cut out keeping you under control! She must have the same sense of humour as you - much laughter in your home. You'd better get your place cleaned up for her arrival. Your wild bachelor days are now officially OVER.

Naddy - You made it. :thumbs: It must feel awesome. Get stuck into the big portions like a true American - the dogs will keep you fit! Is there a dog park where you live? There isn't enough of them in SC and a leash policy in all parks.

I'll be joining you in SC on 28th June. Just booked my flights. My dogs are only allowed on certain flights and I can only travel on the 28th, so my pet relocator booked them on the ones he could, so I then tried to book myself on the same flights...and get this...there was no room for me! Economy was sold out!!! So, I had NO CHOICE but to book a FIRST CLASS seat. The price induced chest pains! But am now trying to block the thought out, am trying to pretend it hasn't happened and haven't told Mr Dog yet (he'll go mental). My POE is Newark, which is why the flight was full, holiday time and everyone going to NYC.

Mrs Dog in First Class! I'll sure be lowering the tone in there and the only one in there who hasn't got Louis Vuitton luggage! But thankfully, I'm back in cattle class Newark to Charlotte, where I belong!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

@arwilson and Miss Jess: Sorry to hear about the fee increase. It's been casting it's murky shadow for so long; how completely obnoxious that the iron door of triple price fell down just before your interviews! Many choice words and much fist-shaking about that...

@HandA: Congrats to the lovely lady on the visa-in-hand! When is she coming over?

@Naddy: Oh my goodness! Giggles to the potential underwear fireworks all over the airport, and to the big dog thinking he's a lap dog. Cutie pie! Good luck on getting things sorted for the civil wedding - I'm sure it will be beautiful. With you in that lovely dress, how can it not be?! I hope you find a good baker and place for decorations. And hey, there's a lovely little french bakery just down the street from me, if you need a fix and a visit to Miami!

@Mrs. Dog: First class! Wow! Make the most of it for us! When you get on that plane, just think about free G&T's and let them do the forgetting of the cost for you! Not ideal, to be sure, but how often does and excuse to travel in the utmost style come along? You can always draw a LV logo on your bag in marking pen... :innocent:

We got the letter for Ewan's AOS biometrics appointment yesterday, less than a week from NOA1! This AOS thing seems to be moving a lot faster (so far, at least...), but then, passing the time together surely helps on that front. Also, I've been having great "fun" getting him on my health insurance. Why oh why couldn't we have moved toward a saner healthcare system when we had the chance?!? :bonk:

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm home safe with my baby (L), state side :devil:

It's all weird to me :wacko:

will be busy these 2 days ;) . I'll come back on tuesday to post my review ;)

Congratulations Naddy. I've been in Thailand with Jum and now Im in Bangkok waiting for our flight home to the US. Yayyy, Jum is almost home!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

HandA - Lady HandA/Gagga has got her visa in hand! Fantastic! :dance: She's got her work cut out keeping you under control! She must have the same sense of humour as you - much laughter in your home. You'd better get your place cleaned up for her arrival. Your wild bachelor days are now officially OVER.

Naddy - You made it. :thumbs: It must feel awesome. Get stuck into the big portions like a true American - the dogs will keep you fit! Is there a dog park where you live? There isn't enough of them in SC and a leash policy in all parks.

I'll be joining you in SC on 28th June. Just booked my flights. My dogs are only allowed on certain flights and I can only travel on the 28th, so my pet relocator booked them on the ones he could, so I then tried to book myself on the same flights...and get this...there was no room for me! Economy was sold out!!! So, I had NO CHOICE but to book a FIRST CLASS seat. The price induced chest pains! But am now trying to block the thought out, am trying to pretend it hasn't happened and haven't told Mr Dog yet (he'll go mental). My POE is Newark, which is why the flight was full, holiday time and everyone going to NYC.

Mrs Dog in First Class! I'll sure be lowering the tone in there and the only one in there who hasn't got Louis Vuitton luggage! But thankfully, I'm back in cattle class Newark to Charlotte, where I belong!

Damn! That is exactly my flight itinerary Mrs.D! POEing at NEwark and then off to Charlotte. :blink:

Are we by any chance flying the same airways too?Wow !We will be too much to handle at the customs together :whistle:

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Timeline

Loved reading your account Naddy! Oh so much fun!And you got me at the underwear part :whistle:

So happy ,after all this we go through,what we get is so much worth it :luv:

And big congratulations to the Lady Gaga/HandA haha! So when is she coming Stateside?(and curbing your enthusiasm :hehe: ,ahem!)

Congratulations Naddy. I've been in Thailand with Jum and now Im in Bangkok waiting for our flight home to the US. Yayyy, Jum is almost home!!!!

Yayyy Happy times for you you and Jum :dance: !

K-1 Visa

AOS

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

My humble blog:

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hooray! Congrats! How totally lovely! Safe travels to the both of you and enjoy the beginning of your new life together here in the US!

Damn! That is exactly my flight itinerary Mrs.D! POEing at NEwark and then off to Charlotte. :blink:

Are we by any chance flying the same airways too?Wow !We will be too much to handle at the customs together :whistle:

Too true! Oh goodness, I can only imagine if they had both of you at once... It would be the craziest day those CBPers at Newark would ever see!! :devil:

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Just been catching up with everyone's stories......I'm so excited for everyone!!! :D HandA, Mrs. Dog, Naddyyyyyyyyyy all so close to the happily ever after!!

I realised today that the interview is 2 weeks tomorrow....argh. Time to do some serious photocopying and photo printing!! After yesterday's spontaneous combustion I am feeling a bit better. After all, my credit card company made a 'mystery credit' to my account which effectively paid for my medical and my wedding shoes. (and I checked with my flatmate, who works for them: I am under no obligation to inform them :devil: ) So I really can't complain :)

I'm booked into a youth hostel that's a 20 minute walk from the Embassy - last of the big spenders ;) But they have a luggage storage facility so I have the option of leaving my stuff there or at Gould's. Then my best friend is going to take the afternoon off after my interview and she's going to take me to the pub for a very large gin!!

Lastly - I have been sorely remiss with the graduation board :( stupid work making me do stuff for a living!! I am waaaaaaaaay behind, but if you guys could possibly update me I'll happily update it............

K1 Graduates - Class of November 2009

KisK

T and J

that_girl

JL_n_JL

JohnAnwesha

Drue & Naddy

Mrs Doghandler

HandA

Imminent Examination...

Miss Jess (that's ME!! Woohoo!!) - 6/10/2010

arwilson - 6/17/10

Heisable - 7/7/2010

Edited by Miss Jess

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Timeline

Right Miss Jess - your interview

First of all, don't waste any time or money on photocopying and don't lose any sleep on that interview. It is nothing to be worried about.

All they wanted was the affidavit of support, Mr Dogs letter from employer confirming his salary, 1 tax return (09) and my birth cert and 1 copy. NOTHING ELSE! I offered W2's, pay stubs, tax transcripts etc and she so didn't want any of it.

The CO who did the interview was lovely and I wouldn't call it an interview. It's more like being at the counter at the post office! So, stop stressing. Just be prepared for a long wait in a stuffy room with hundreds of people. That is all.

And the price increase on the visa fee you got hit with is outrageous. You have everyone's sympathies.

Mrs Dog - you're a hero :) thanks!! (although telling me not to stress is like telling a chocoholic not to think of cadburys - I am the worlds biggest stress head ;) but I appreciate it all the same!!!)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Timeline

OMG Anwesha, I hope we are! I'm on Continental Airlines which arrives at Charlotte 4.35pm. What flight are you on?

Customs won't like me, I'll have the contraband dog food in my hand luggage which Kisk almost got arrested for when she brought her dog. Being in possession of dog food is some major customs violation by the sounds of the problems she had.

How funny, me, you and Naddy all ending up in the same state. Poor South Carolina! What did that state do to deserve the 3 of us moving in!

megger - you so made me laugh with the suggestion of writing Louis Vuitton on my cheap luggage with a marker pen! I'll also be rumbled for a being a fake rich person in first class by the fact I'll be sporting my $5 sunglasses from Walmart!

@ HandA : YAY !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! :dance: When are you gonna be reunited with your woman ?

@ Doghandler : Congratulations on booking a flight on June 28 th. :dance: I can surely imagine you sitting in a first class while crossing the Atlantic ocean having some cold Gin & Tonic, well deserved. :dance:

@ Megan : HAHAHA, I still cannot stop laughing at your LV joke ! Hilarious ! :rofl:

@ T _ J : FINALLY !!! I' m glad your woman is safe and sound in your arms again !

@ HandA : YAY !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! When are you gonna be reunited with your woman ?

@ Doghandler : Congratulations on booking a flight on June 28 th. I can surely imagine you sitting in a first class while crossing the Atlantic ocean having some cold Gin & Tonic, well deserved.

@ Megan : HAHAHA, I still cannot stop laughing at your LV joke ! Hilarious !

@ T and J : FINALLY !!! I' m glad your woman is safe and sound in your arms again !

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

@ HandA : YAY !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! When are you gonna be reunited with your woman ?

@ Doghandler : Congratulations on booking a flight on June 28 th. I can surely imagine you sitting in a first class while crossing the Atlantic ocean having some cold Gin & Tonic, well deserved.

@ T and J : FINALLY !!! I' m glad your woman is safe and sound in your arms again !

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm late on some replies. oh well, I'm excused in advance lol.

I need some little help !

Do you guys know any good sites online to look up for the wedding dress ? I want it simple and not expensive !

Depends if you want a traditional one or a "new age" one.

Try this site, I'm looking for mine on this site too. Don't wanna pay too much for a one day dress. Or maybe I'll just end up renting one. donno yet

http://www.bridalblvd.com/

As for your adoption by the VSC november family, as everybody else said, we only recruit the best, and the most evil ones :devil:

Hey guys I am a November Fliers I was approved on May 7th...But I still await the arrival of my fiancee visa, Congrats to all who have been approved enjoy your summer in America.

Gratz on the approval :thumbs: and welcome in our family

Oh and I am POEing on the 28th of June people.John and his parents are actually coming to India and we all fly back together

Also, we have decided on a simple court wedding for now and we had picked out a date a while back,was just feeling jinxed about mentioning i before the interview thing,but anyway, we have our heart set for the 24th of July

Best of luck to everyone else!

Your lucky Anwesha, you'll have someone to carry your bags :devil: (wooooo, can't help it lol :devil:) . And gratz on your wedding date :dance:

Was the account to be in your name only? - They probably do need a SSN in this case.

We already have a joint account and just needed my passport number to open it (they do want my SSN as soon as i get it though). I guess that as long as they can keep track of 1 of us they'll find the other.

We wanted to open 2 accounts. one for me, and one joint. But for both, they asked for my SSN application. We finally ended up opening the joint one with only Drue's name in it, and the lady said that we can add my name on it after I apply for the SSN :wacko: . Maybe in your state the bankers are smarter lol

OMG our Mrs D. is going *Bling Bling*. Enjoy your flight and abuse of the free G&T to get a return on investment :rofl: . If you told me that before I moved here, I would have gotten you a fake 5$ LV bag that they sell in the Champs Elysees on the run lol, that would look good with your 5$ walmart sunglasses lol

yay, so happy for you :dance:

Damn! That is exactly my flight itinerary Mrs.D! POEing at NEwark and then off to Charlotte.

Are we by any chance flying the same airways too?Wow !We will be too much to handle at the customs together

omg lol, I wish i could go to Newark just to see that lol :devil: . Mrs D. and Anwesha on the same flight, omg :diablo::devil: . Which city will you both be in? I know Mrs D. will be not far from Charlotte, forgot the city name :(

Just been catching up with everyone's stories......I'm so excited for everyone!!! :D HandA, Mrs. Dog, Naddyyyyyyyyyy all so close to the happily ever after!!

I realised today that the interview is 2 weeks tomorrow....argh. Time to do some serious photocopying and photo printing!! After yesterday's spontaneous combustion I am feeling a bit better. After all, my credit card company made a 'mystery credit' to my account which effectively paid for my medical and my wedding shoes. (and I checked with my flatmate, who works for them: I am under no obligation to inform them :devil: ) So I really can't complain :)

I'm booked into a youth hostel that's a 20 minute walk from the Embassy - last of the big spenders ;) But they have a luggage storage facility so I have the option of leaving my stuff there or at Gould's. Then my best friend is going to take the afternoon off after my interview and she's going to take me to the pub for a very large gin!!

Lastly - I have been sorely remiss with the graduation board :( stupid work making me do stuff for a living!! I am waaaaaaaaay behind, but if you guys could possibly update me I'll happily update it............

Wow Jess, you have a K1 donating guardian angel lol. you lucky girl. I need a wedding donating guardian angel :devil:

As for the graduation list, you forgot Carol & Nigel already graduated, will fly over here on saturday, and Crissie which interview is not fixed yet. Buy you always do a great job :thumbs:

Edited by Drue & Naddy

K1 Journey : Total length (from filing I-129F till Visa in hand) : 190 days (~6.3 month)

NOA1 issued : 11 - 09 - 2009 (6 days)

NOA2 issued : 02 - 26 - 2010 (109 days) (OMG!!!! was about time)

Interview date : 05 - 12 - 2010 (75 days) Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ Happily Married on June 5th 2010 ~~~

AoS / EAD Journey : Total length (from filing I-485 / I-765 till Green Card in hand) : 115 days (~3.8 month)

I-485 / I-765 sent : 06 - 21 - 2010

NOA1 for AoS & EAD : 07 - 02 - 2010 (11 days)

Biometrics walk-in : 08 -02 - 2010 (was scheduled for 08 - 20 - 2010) (31 days)

EAD card received : 09 - 06 - 2010 (17 days)

Green-Card received : 11 - 01 - 2010 (56 days)

~~~ Done with USCIS till October 20th 2012 ~~~

Lifting of Conditions (I-751) Journey :

I-751 sent : 09 - 25 - 2012

NOA1 received : 10 - 05 - 2012 (10 days)

Biometrics appointment : 10 - 26 - 2012 (21 days)

Timeline

OMG Anwesha, I hope we are! I'm on Continental Airlines which arrives at Charlotte 4.35pm. What flight are you on?

Customs won't like me, I'll have the contraband dog food in my hand luggage which Kisk almost got arrested for when she brought her dog. Being in possession of dog food is some major customs violation by the sounds of the problems she had.

How funny, me, you and Naddy all ending up in the same state. Poor South Carolina! What did that state do to deserve the 3 of us moving in!

megger - you so made me laugh with the suggestion of writing Louis Vuitton on my cheap luggage with a marker pen! I'll also be rumbled for a being a fake rich person in first class by the fact I'll be sporting my $5 sunglasses from Walmart!

Oh Mrs.D I think we will miss each other by a whisker !Mine is US Airways and landing exactly 12 minutes after your's.But hopefully I can spot you there.You have got to be the tallest beautiful woman there,right? :yes:

I think South Carolina will have to just to make do with you and Naddy for now.I am going to the other Carolina,North!

But hell,we will be closer!

I almost forgot what I came here for posting.I got my passport in hand today,about 10 minutes back.God,I can actually touch my visa ;) ,mmm raunchy!

Edited by JohnAnwesha

K-1 Visa

AOS

My humble blog:

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.