Rhiannercakes

Toronto Medical Review

112 posts in this topic

Okay, so here's my review of the medical.

It was done in Toronto on November 2nd, 2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad and I arrived at 6:20am. There was only one car parked on the street. Thinking that parking would cost about 4 bucks an hour on the street, he found a parking lot nearby. It was 9 dollars a day.

If you drive, I suggest getting there early and parking on the street if you're not too worried about your car. Street parking is 2 bucks an hour in front of the buliding. My dad's just paranoid that his new FJ Cruiser would get dents.

There was 2 people already there when I got in line. At about 6:35am they opened the doors. The woman took our P4s and told us to go to the waiting room. I was called around 6:55am. She filled out paperwork using the P4 and the passport. She then asked me to pay and give the 3 photos. You fill out something extra if you need it couriered.

After, she told me to wait in the hallway and about 1 minute later the xray lady came. And boy is this lady a b**ch. DO NOT question her. She will just jerk you around even more if you do. Put your stuff on the chair, she yelled at me for almost putting it on the desk. You undress your upper half and put the seam of the gown at the back, she yelled at me for that too. Take off any necklaces you have, she made me take off both. ALSO have your hair really really high up on your head, it must be above the sholders. Apparently it wasnt good enough for her, so she tugged my hair up even higher. I went to go adjust it for her and she grabbed my arms and shoved them back down. Sheesh, havnt had your morning coffee yet? Without even warning me, she shoved me against the metal plate and told me to breathe in. You then get dressed again and she'll shove the paperwork back into your hands and tells you to go back to the hall. (I think, I was too angry at her to remember this part :lol:)

About 5 minutes later I was taken to an office. I waited 5 minutes for a man to come in and take my blood pressure, my height and weight. He asked if I was nervous and I just told him I was breathing kinda funny cause I had a stomach ache. He wrote a note to get my blood pressure re-checked but the other doctor never did it. He then took my pulse and left.

About 30 minutes later, someone comes in and tells me to undress and put the blue cloth robe back on. I did that and the doctor and his nurse showed up about 5 minutes later. I must say, the nurse was pretty handsome :lol:

He then asked me if I had any health problems, if I've been in the hospital recently, if I've had any surgeries, medications, etc.

I told him about my asthma I had when I was a kid and he just asked more about that. I also told him high blood pressure ran in my family and that according to numbers I've had before that I do actually have high blood pressure. He asked why I haven't been on medication for it, and I just shrugged and told him that last time my doctor took it she said it was fine.

He then asks about 30 other short things, all of which I said no to. Pretty simple.

Then the nurse takes over while the doctor transcribes the vaccinations. He did a full physical minus the internal part. Felt around my glands in my throat, checked my eyes, ears, stomach, lungs, heart, etc. I told them that I had a heart murmur when I was younger, and he tried and tried to listen for it but didnt hear anything, so it must have gone away.

Afterward, a female nurse came in and did the breast exam.

Surprisingly, no one looked down at my female genitals. They must have seen I had no bump down there from the paper haha.

Afterward, I went and had to wait about 10 minutes for blood to get drawn. That was simple and painless. Well, it hurts a bit right now, but that's okay. I've been poked with too many needles in the past month. My poor arm.

Then after that you hand in the little white slip with the tests signed for to the receptionist, then she goes to explain when you can pick up your packet.

My dad showed up with perfect timing.

All and all it took 2 hours.

I told my dad about it and he said I shouldn't have mentioned my murmur or asthma, but really, there's no point to hiding stuff. There really isn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it. I suggest getting there early. It gets busy at about 7am.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The X-ray lady did the same thing to me! Even the hair thing. I have long hair and its really hard to make it stand up on my head without it touching my shoulders! I mean, common, you're taking a photo of my chest, I don't think its the end of the world that a strand is touching my left shoulder.

But now its done and over with! Next step: Interview!

You said it was surprising that she didn't take a look down there at your lady business - why? Is that something we're supposed to expect?

I assumed, since it mentions that menstruation doesn't affect it, that they wouldn't be taking a peek anyhow.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

I had read before that they just take a quick peek down there to confirm your gender.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had read before that they just take a quick peek down there to confirm your gender.

You must have looked really girlie so they didn't need more proof!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

You said it was surprising that she didn't take a look down there at your lady business - why? Is that something we're supposed to expect?

I assumed, since it mentions that menstruation doesn't affect it, that they wouldn't be taking a peek anyhow.

It actually said in my packet 3 that they do an external genital examination. They didn't do it for me.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It actually said in my packet 3 that they do an external genital examination. They didn't do it for me.

seriously?? where did it say that :blink: I never got that in my packet 3 but they did mess up my packet and i was missing pages lol

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

There were a couple pages just about the medical. it said it in there.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Oh yeah, I should add that you should try not to lose anything.

I lost the little plastic case for my health card.

I'm not angry or anything, it's just it'd be nice to have it. Maybe it's in my pile of files by accident.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I seems that this is the modus operandi for these people. They have virtual monopolies so they the treat you like garbage. There is no excuse for this nonsense. I'm so sorry this happened to you. (L) They are supposed to do the external genital examination (one second peek under the belt), they even did it for Mom :wacko:, but you survived the encounter with the b*itch and that's all that matters. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Another thing about my medical.

The doctor made a remark about my blood pressure, and I told him that my parents think it's high.

He asked me why I'm not on meds (According to the wiki chart I'm pre-hypertension) and I said "Last time my doctor checked it she said it was fine."

I hope that doesn't mess me up :lol:

I guess I don't see why they have to take a peek at anything when our passports (using information from our birth certificates) would say what gender we are.

Not that it's the end of the world, really, but I just don't see the need.

And I don't think it's right that they feel they can treat patients like ####### simply because we aren't their normal office patients. We have no choice, and they're making money off of that. How would it hurt them to make the experience just a tiny bit less unpleasant?

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What a mean mean mean X ray lady?! I didnt even think it was possible for a so called "medical professional" to act like that. People like that need to be reported to their College or whatever governs them.

Case Completed @ NVC: June 16th 2009

Medical in Toronto: Nov 3rd 2009

Interview in Montreal: Nov 16th 2009: APPROVED!!

Case completion to Interview: 5 long months!

ENTRY to US: November 23rd 2009 @ Pearson Airport

SSN received January 2010

PR card received January 2010

as1cF3I0g410500NDA5NjlsfDAwMDA4N2x8SW50ZXJ2aWV3IGluIE1vbnRyZWFs.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The doctor made a remark about my blood pressure, and I told him that my parents think it's high.

He asked me why I'm not on meds (According to the wiki chart I'm pre-hypertension) and I said "Last time my doctor checked it she said it was fine."

Hypertension may mess you up down the road but not in your early 20s. The white coat effect comes into play. When you go to any stressful environment (like getting an immigration medical after having travelled a long distance early in the morning and having to deal with a b*tchy x-ray tech) bp will rise in response to stress. If I may inquire just how high is your bp (at home)?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Hypertension may mess you up down the road but not in your early 20s. The white coat effect comes into play. When you go to any stressful environment (like getting an immigration medical after having travelled a long distance early in the morning and having to deal with a b*tchy x-ray tech) bp will rise in response to stress. If I may inquire just how high is your bp (at home)?

No clue, I don't have one of those BP things at home.

My fiance has one, I'll get back to you about it when I get there :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.