35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
Maybe it depends on the embassy/country, and their schedules. Well, I'm sure it does depend on that actually!

Absolutely. Be glad you're not a Canadian!

I know-it sounds like a complete nightmare up there. Sorry! I'm close to Canada though...

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

DOn't get me wrong, I love my fair, sweet country but holy ####### -- are they ever a freaking mess with this interview stuff.

I've never, not once in my life felt such anguish toward my own country.

Canada, I love you but get your ####### together!

Love,

LGG

:)

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello,

I thought interviews are only made the second week of every month for the following month. Why is there so much people getting interviews right now for November and December and they just got there case completed when and around when I did, which was October 23, 2009?????

Its not fair! :angry:

Sorry I am just frustrated.

Hi there I agree with you to I finsh mine same time you did.

I call nvc everyday to see what going on .All they keep telling me is

we set interviews the 2nd week of the month .If you dont here anything by then call back the 3rd

week of nov . So all I say is thatnk you so much you Have a good day .Sure dont want to piss no one off in nvc .I no at the end I will get our date.

Brooklyn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The NVC is not really the unfair one here...it's the US consulates in our various countries, and in my case, my Senator, who won't help me. The NVC sucks though and they certainly do not make this process any easier! I guess you know the NVC is not actually run by the government? It's been contracted out to a private company. Therefore, they don't have to answer to the general public or even tell us what's going on-they don't care how mad we are or how long we've been waiting. I've been waiting 30 weeks since case complete and they are no help at all. It's just the way it goes.

07/15/08- Married in Accra, Ghana

08/14/08- I130 SENT!!!

08/19/08- Recieved

08/25/08- NOA1

~~

NOTHING HAPPENED FOR 4 MONTHS!!!!

~~

12/27/08- Notice of case transfer to California

01/26/09- Found out all at once that USCIS approved our petition AND sent it to the NVC, got NVC case number as well.

04/03/09- CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!

Waiting......waiting......waiting!! :(

10/30/09- INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION!!!!!

12/10/09- Interview in ACCRA!

Co-sponsor needed-NVC approved my sponsorship, USEM required more. :( So sad.

12/30/09- Return interview-APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

01/15/10- VISA IN HAND!!!!!

01/17/10- REUNITED in the USA!!!!!

SO happy to have my hubby here! Sorry I didn't update, once he came, I spent very little time online. The journey is SO SO HARD, but SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!

Timeline

I am SO sorry to hear this Bethany -- my hear goes out to you -- no one should have to wait that long at all.

I am sorry. I hope you get your interview soon.

:)

LGG

The NVC is not really the unfair one here...it's the US consulates in our various countries, and in my case, my Senator, who won't help me. The NVC sucks though and they certainly do not make this process any easier! I guess you know the NVC is not actually run by the government? It's been contracted out to a private company. Therefore, they don't have to answer to the general public or even tell us what's going on-they don't care how mad we are or how long we've been waiting. I've been waiting 30 weeks since case complete and they are no help at all. It's just the way it goes.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

There's really not much on can do but rant and rave... But gven that you've only been waiting for a week... Dude chill out! Look at other people's timeline here and quit being so depressed/angry. If you don't get the interview by 2nd week of Nobember then most likely it will be on 2nd week of Dec. You also have to think about the US embassy in Iraq, I bet it is not as fun to work there with all the 'craziness' going on. I'm sure they are probably short staffed or is working under pressure.

Get all your douments line up, chill out a bit and your turn will come.

Ya probably need to pull up a chair and open a fresh bottle as you might be sittin here a bit

Without a doubt, best advice of the day! :thumbs:

Blessings of patience to those on the journey...

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

....still waiting to hear about my interview :wacko:

Wow case complete JULY???... My gosh.. next month is NOVEMBER.. Did u try to call the NVC why its like that?

Hope u will get that SOON...

I call on a regular basis and everytime it is a let down. I get the same bulls% generic answer to call back next month. Very frustrating and heartbreaking. :crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Unfortunately now it is very difficult to get an interview at the Accra consulate, especially now that the holidays are around the corner. The available interview dates seem to disappear fast in Ghana around this time of the year. I wish you and everyone else waiting the best. It's definately not an easy wait.

Edited by cornbread

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Timeline

Unfortunately now it is very difficult to get an interview at the Accra consulate, especially now that the holidays are around the corner. The available interview dates seem to disappear fast in Ghana around this time of the year. I wish you and everyone else waiting the best. It's definately not an easy wait.

How did you find that out, how do the holidays effect things (other than a FEW days off)? Is there some information I'm not aware of?

08/14/08- I130 SENT!!!

08/19/08- Recieved

08/25/08- NOA1

~~

~~

01/26/09- Found out all at once that USCIS approved our petition AND sent it to the NVC, got NVC case number as well.

SO happy to have my hubby here! Sorry I didn't update, once he came, I spent very little time online. The journey is SO SO HARD, but SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!

Timeline

AHHHHH!!! JUST GOT AN E-MAIL, HUBBY HAS A VISA APPOINTMENT FOR DECEMBER 10!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

08/14/08- I130 SENT!!!

08/19/08- Recieved

08/25/08- NOA1

~~

~~

Timeline

Okay Bethany this is GREAT news! Congratulations! I have to say, after reading your post the other day I was so sad but now, this is great.

Good on you!

:D

LGG

AHHHHH!!! JUST GOT AN E-MAIL, HUBBY HAS A VISA APPOINTMENT FOR DECEMBER 10!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Congrats!!!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It really is so sad how some ppl here have been waiting 30 weeks or more for interviews and we cmplain about waiting 2 weeks or a week . I really hope and pray anyone waiting that long gets there dates soon .

Brooklyn

I am just saying there is lots of people that i got there case completed when i did and they already have interview days..like Sheila-Todd, and some people from Pakistan

Hi There. Sheila-Todd got her interview earlier coz her husband expedited the interview coz she is pregnant. Just be patience. GOD BLESS

WX7PaYmN8bA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.