Third

How was your day today?

451 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Trinket -- Haha, you're one of the VERY few people to pick up on the Sachin. I absolutely, utterly, hopelessly love that man. Worship him, practically.

My nickname is Chinky. Sachin + Chinky = Sachinky. It's like we're meant to be. :) I avoid Chinky in the U.S. as it is quite racist. So I use Sachinky instead.

And my husband, bless his heart, just doesn't GET this process. His standard refrain is, "But you're my wife!" "But I love you!" "But I am a USC!" "But who's gonna keep us apart?" I don't bother with him anymore. He just fills the forms and gets the required documents as and when its required. Even my in-laws are baffled. They don't understand how it can be this complicated.

I swear to God, when I finally get my NOA2, I will shout from the rooftop. I'm getting mad antsy.

K -- Has your husband bought his ticket yet? Or are you waiting for the interview to be approved so as to not "jinx it" in any way?

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i hear year ya, sachinky ;) when we got our noa2, i was definitely shouting from the rooftops. i called every single family member one by one :lol:

no, haven't gotten his ticket. we will wait until he has that beautiful visa in his hot hands, then i will use some of my 61,000 frequent flier miles :lol: i have already been checking on the flights ;) and can no longer hide my excitement :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

trinket, you and my husband are from the same hometown. do you ever send packages or money orders home? i was wondering when he gets here, what is the safest way to send things to his family. i sent his mom and niece birthday cards with cash inside. prayerfully, his mom's got their with cash still inside. still waiting on word about his niece's. so, i will not be doing that again. what do you do?

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

:P I don't send money, my dad sends me money :lol: But about package yes I do send cards by regular post and they get it. I will be sending a big package in a few days (dad ordered 8 non-duality books and I will add in some Belgium chocolates and a snuggie for gramma), but I will send it through either fedex or dhl because I just want to make sure the package reaches them in time or my dad will make me buy another set of the same book.

And Twisted :P I am not from the same hometown as your husband is, but I did get married at the same town. Your husband is from Jamshedpur (beautiful city and got a whole lot of relatives living there) and I am from Port Blair.

I have sent some money to my brother but they were from western union, I don't really trust Indian postal services with money matter or valuable items.

Timeline

:P i thought you told me you were from jamshedpur. my husband got all excited, trying to figure who you were. of course i had to spell out your name, because he always makes fun of me for mispronouncing things :P

yeah, my mom thought it would be silly of me to send an empty birthday card. my husband gets sent empty cards all the time :whistle:

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I was thinking if others agree to it, we can do something like MENA girls do and be all with you in the chat room at 3rd Jan night (US time)/4th Jan morning(Indian time) to support you and calm your nerves a little twisted :)

All who agree to this please raise your hands :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was thinking if others agree to it, we can do something like MENA girls do and be all with you in the chat room at 3rd Jan night (US time)/4th Jan morning(Indian time) to support you and calm your nerves a little twisted :)

All who agree to this please raise your hands :P

im up for it :thumbs:

sara

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I will be at work 8-12 IST Monday morning, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, K!

Happy New Year, lovelies!

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Thanks chinky :):lol: i was requested by the mister to get some sleep that night because i work at 5 am, and he would not be able to call me until he gets to the office, or goes home which ever the case may be for that day. office if he has to wait for the next day to pick up the visa, home if by some chance they tell him he could pick it up after 5 on the same day. which they sometimes do :D

He is home!!!

Timeline

i will probably sign on around 9:30pm central.

He is home!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy New Year Eve, everyone!!! The New Year is 12 minutes away in Egypt!!! Counting down now.... :)

Twisted, good luck with your hubby's interview!! :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.