adiiann

Those who recently moved here in US

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Nice thread... Things I've done/accomplished so far!

- Im finally with my Honey! (i think that's the best thing ive done!)

- Done with our rehearsal dinner, gorgeous wedding and honeymoon in Florida (Florida Keys and Disney world)

- Got my SSN, and applied for my AOS, EAD and Travel permit.

- Got my health insurance

- AED and travel permit approved

- Still waiting for my GC

- Reviewed and Took the Kaplan complete course (for my NCLEX-RN) met new friends and professors

- Passed my NCLEX-RN (Finally a registered nurse here in NY)

- Now, reviewing for my learners permit and looking for a nice car

- Doing certifications like BLS/AED, etc.

- Looking for jobs, which is hard to do esp with the economy! :(

- Shopping, shopping and shopping since winter is coming. Hanging out with my family, hubby's family and friends while i still have all the free time

- Travelling with hubby and now we're preparing for our trip to Arizona this November

- And no babies yet for us! We want to enjoy everything first as a couple. :)

Lot's of things but for me getting a job will be one of the best! lol;p

And girls, I have a question did u informed the Philippine embassy that you are already married. I remembered that during the CFO seminar they told us to forward it for records but I almost forgot about it. So i want to know if anyone done that already? And also, did you already mailed the survey letter that we're supposed to mail to CFO about our status here? and has anyone here changed their Philippine passport already. Thanks.

there's a lot of job all over!!! Especially we (nurses) here. work wer already waiting for me too bad need to wait for the reciprocity of my license but hopefully it will not took that long co'z i wanna work already. With regarding the CFO thing I can't remember were I out those stuff they gave to us. and the reporting of marriage you could have it before your 1st wedding anniversary took place. Tho i haven't done with it I checked their website for information. and when you do the reporting of marriage then at the same time you could have your passport changed then.

I see, thanks i will check their site too:) Actually, my problem in getting a job here is most of them wants an experienced nurse and I am not. As in 0 except for my experience from nursing school. But though that's what they want i am still submitting my resume (who knows I might get lucky). But like what my hubby said it's only been 2 weeks since i started applying at hospitals, so I should still be patient. Can u give me some advice or ideas in making a resume and for interviews. thanks.:)

Mike_Jo-185.jpg032_32.jpgedit-3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

03/05/2010 ----- Greencard arrived in mail

03/15/2010 ----- Got a job as an RN! finally.:)

REMINDER: November 22, 2011 (Removing Conditons)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Nice thread... Things I've done/accomplished so far!

- Im finally with my Honey! (i think that's the best thing ive done!)

- Done with our rehearsal dinner, gorgeous wedding and honeymoon in Florida (Florida Keys and Disney world)

- Got my SSN, and applied for my AOS, EAD and Travel permit.

- Got my health insurance

- AED and travel permit approved

- Still waiting for my GC

- Reviewed and Took the Kaplan complete course (for my NCLEX-RN) met new friends and professors

- Passed my NCLEX-RN (Finally a registered nurse here in NY)

- Now, reviewing for my learners permit and looking for a nice car

- Doing certifications like BLS/AED, etc.

- Looking for jobs, which is hard to do esp with the economy! :(

- Shopping, shopping and shopping since winter is coming. Hanging out with my family, hubby's family and friends while i still have all the free time

- Travelling with hubby and now we're preparing for our trip to Arizona this November

- And no babies yet for us! We want to enjoy everything first as a couple. :)

Lot's of things but for me getting a job will be one of the best! lol;p

And girls, I have a question did u informed the Philippine embassy that you are already married. I remembered that during the CFO seminar they told us to forward it for records but I almost forgot about it. So i want to know if anyone done that already? And also, did you already mailed the survey letter that we're supposed to mail to CFO about our status here? and has anyone here changed their Philippine passport already. Thanks.

there's a lot of job all over!!! Especially we (nurses) here. work wer already waiting for me too bad need to wait for the reciprocity of my license but hopefully it will not took that long co'z i wanna work already. With regarding the CFO thing I can't remember were I out those stuff they gave to us. and the reporting of marriage you could have it before your 1st wedding anniversary took place. Tho i haven't done with it I checked their website for information. and when you do the reporting of marriage then at the same time you could have your passport changed then.

I see, thanks i will check their site too:) Actually, my problem in getting a job here is most of them wants an experienced nurse and I am not. As in 0 except for my experience from nursing school. But though that's what they want i am still submitting my resume (who knows I might get lucky). But like what my hubby said it's only been 2 weeks since i started applying at hospitals, so I should still be patient. Can u give me some advice or ideas in making a resume and for interviews. thanks. :)

And also, It's hard to get into hospitals here in NY lately esp in LI because most of the hospitals are doing some cost cutting and they don't want to train new nurses that much anymore (That is according to one of the nurse manager in a hospital). In the city, many hospitals are hiring but it's too far for me so i dont have any choice but to patiently look in our county.

Mike_Jo-185.jpg032_32.jpgedit-3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

03/05/2010 ----- Greencard arrived in mail

03/15/2010 ----- Got a job as an RN! finally.:)

REMINDER: November 22, 2011 (Removing Conditons)

:yes: Yup. You are so busy Lucy. I am jealous. I can't even watch my favorite tv shows since I get home at 11. :( Bummer!

But i dont want to be busy sitting around watching tv shows anymore :( I want to work already.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Timeline
What kept me busy?

> Marriage life. We are enjoying our time together.

> Lots and lots of Road Trips around and outside of WA. So many wonderful places to explore.

> AOS files, then after we passed our interview, I started studying for my nursing exam.

> Waiting for my license now... just enjoying being a bum for the moment. :D

> Reading the Driver's Manual. No pressure for me to learn driving because public transportation here is everywhere.

> Catching up on TV shows... for now - Grey's Anatomy and Frasier

Before I know it...another day is over. :)

~ Chinook

Mine..... All CSI series..... and cooking shows :lol:

I'm not yet in the US, I'm still here in Saudi, but CSI rocks!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

I love that TV series. Good questions you got there, I'm thinking the same way too because I'm sure I can't find job for just a matter of month, it will take time I guess to find a job, especially at this time that America is in recession.

I'm thinking of helping my wife in everything I could. I'll do the household chores and I'll let her rest when she gets home and she doesn't need to worry about anything in the apartment.

I bet that you've been working most of your adult life.... so I guess better enjoy the long vacation.... and pamper your wife... once you started to work.... you're gonna miss the long vacation...

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline
Hmmmmmm..... first.... having babies is a choice.... and doesn't come naturally because you always have things around to not get pregnant.

Anyway... I am so happy that you guys doing great here.

To those who took examination for professional certification.... Are you familiar with the examination for professional engineer here? as well as professional energy management? I mean, what are the requirements for those examination?

My husband and I wanted to take an examination. But our problem is my credentials, I heard that I need to have it converted to US standard.

Please be free to give "sensible" suggestions.

you can go to a transcript evaluator such as ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators) to check if your education and licenses obtained back in PI equal to a degree here. there are many other evaluators that you can search thru the net. good luck!

Thanks.. a lot!

Hmmmmmm..... first.... having babies is a choice.... and doesn't come naturally because you always have things around to not get pregnant.

To those who took examination for professional certification.... Are you familiar with the examination for professional engineer here? as well as professional energy management? I mean, what are the requirements for those examination?

My husband and I wanted to take an examination. But our problem is my credentials, I heard that I need to have it converted to US standard.

you can go to a transcript evaluator such as ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators) to check if your education and licenses obtained back in PI equal to a degree here. there are many other evaluators that you can search thru the net. good luck!

Thanks.. a lot!

You can also check the website of the state you are in and see their suggested Evaluators.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

most of the time im working.. im a RN here in california.. fortunately i got a job in a hospital last august.. then had my 2nd job just this october...im also trying to learn how to cook. my husband is deployed right now.. so i try to keep myself busy... i also do cards for my husband... :star:

PINOY And We know that GOD causes all things to work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are called according to HIS purpose Romans 8:28

PINAY WE can do everything through HIM who gives US strength Philippians 4:13

:yes: Yup. You are so busy Lucy. I am jealous. I can't even watch my favorite tv shows since I get home at 11. :( Bummer!

But i dont want to be busy sitting around watching tv shows anymore :( I want to work already.

Keep looking for that elusive job. Don't be a pushover. No guts no glory. :star:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

What kept me busy?

> Marriage life. We are enjoying our time together.

> Lots and lots of Road Trips around and outside of WA. So many wonderful places to explore.

> AOS files, then after we passed our interview, I started studying for my nursing exam.

> Waiting for my license now... just enjoying being a bum for the moment. :D

> Reading the Driver's Manual. No pressure for me to learn driving because public transportation here is everywhere.

> Catching up on TV shows... for now - Grey's Anatomy and Frasier

Before I know it...another day is over. :)

~ Chinook

Mine..... All CSI series..... and cooking shows :lol:

I'm not yet in the US, I'm still here in Saudi, but CSI rocks!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

I love that TV series. Good questions you got there, I'm thinking the same way too because I'm sure I can't find job for just a matter of month, it will take time I guess to find a job, especially at this time that America is in recession.

I'm thinking of helping my wife in everything I could. I'll do the household chores and I'll let her rest when she gets home and she doesn't need to worry about anything in the apartment.

I bet that you've been working most of your adult life.... so I guess better enjoy the long vacation.... and pamper your wife... once you started to work.... you're gonna miss the long vacation...

Cool!! how did you know that? I started working when I was 17 years old and I came here in Saudi Arabia when I was 20. This is my second company to work with after spending 7 years with the previous one.

Yeah, you are right, when you don't have work you want to work, when you got the work, you want to be on vacation.

I guess it's a part of not being satisfied with life.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

InCorrect.

Birth Control is frowned upon in the Philippines.

Doctors in PI will tell girls they will become sterile from using BirthControl like Depo Shot

Notice how many young girls are unmarried and have children in PI. It's because the guys can get a girl pregnant and when the baby is born he doesn't have any responsibility to the child, that why there are so many unwed mothers in PI.

No court will never make him pay child support or live up to taking care of his child. The girl just wants to be in love, and the guy just wants to "hit it"

Edited by tallcoolone

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

InCorrect.

Doctors in PI will tell girls they will become sterile from using BirthControl like Depo Shot

Notice how many young girls are unmarried and have children in PI. It's because the guys can get a girl pregnant and when the baby is born he doesn't have any responsibility to the child, that why there are so many unwed mothers in PI.

No court will never make him pay child support or live up to taking care of his child. The girl just wants to be in love, and the guy just wants to "hit it"

Thats a thing in the past. Birth control pills is now very common in the Philippines, especially that people engage in sex at a much younger age compared to like 10 years before. It seems like pre-marital sex is very common among teen-agers.

But, young unmarried mothers are all over the world and not just in the Philippines..it is also very common here in the US although the women here are luckier because of child support. We do have laws about child support but how can it be enforced when the father is not even working? This is the dillema that unwed mothers are facing in the Philippines.

Lets face it, everywhere in the world girls just want to be inlove and most guys just want to hit it .

It is sad but true.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Timeline

Lets face it, everywhere in the world girls just want to be inlove and most guys just want to hit it .

It is sad but true.

u are kidding..... !!!!!

We spend the all 9 months trying to get out.....during pregnancy.

Then we spend a whole lifetime trying to go back in ........ :whistle::innocent::rofl:

It is sad but true.

u are kidding..... !!!!!

We spend the all 9 months trying to get out.....during pregnancy.

Then we spend a whole lifetime trying to go back in ........ :whistle::innocent::rofl:

Now, that is soooo true :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

Check your State's requirements for certification. They may or may not require another agency for your Credentials Evaluation. It depends if they do their own evaluation.

Call them or check their website for the list of the requirements.

Good luck.

~Chinook

Hehehehe... I just checked in Illinois state, you're right, they have their own evaluators for $400 (that's for foreign credentials). It's kinda expensive for just evaluation, and another $300 to get full examination. LoL. It's kinda too much, so.... I let my husband get first the certification. And I might just have my MS degree subjects be evaluate in school (no fee for that), and might continue the studies.

Thanks a lot... guys... for sharing ideas. It helps me a lot to know figure what to do.

Timeline

InCorrect.

What age are you up to.... when regards to Philippines now.... 1990? :lol:

LoL..... you might refer to naive girls..... hey! we're in 2009 now.... get updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.