vscblws

VSC unbearably slow

39 posts in this topic

I completely agree with you! I have a month to file and I don't even want to. It is frustrating to see other center approves (that means it can be done with good planning) so quickly and I had to wait and wonder around. Am I going to get RFE? Was my folder good enough? Did I put too much? What if they lost the case and I found out about this 6 months later and wait another couple months to straight things out. What if we have decided to move out to country or do something else and it conflicts with what we have provide? Did I forget something? Could I have done better to get it done faster?

Yes I agree waiting on I129 is a lot more frustrating but it doesn't make me feel any better! When you worry you worry! He already said he needs to ventilate. NO offense , we need little emphaty and understanding!

Ebru

September 5th 2007 Married in the U.S

October 15th 2007 documents were recieved

Nov 25th 2007 biometrics

Dec 17 2007 work authorization

Feb 26 2008 interview and approval

25 Nov 2009 I-751

27 Nov 2009 NOA

11 Dec 2009 Biometrics (early bio)

31 Dec 2009 touch (web site indicates last update)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I completely agree with you! I have a month to file and I don't even want to. It is frustrating to see other center approves (that means it can be done with good planning) so quickly and I had to wait and wonder around. Am I going to get RFE? Was my folder good enough? Did I put too much? What if they lost the case and I found out about this 6 months later and wait another couple months to straight things out. What if we have decided to move out to country or do something else and it conflicts with what we have provide? Did I forget something? Could I have done better to get it done faster?

Yes I agree waiting on I129 is a lot more frustrating but it doesn't make me feel any better! When you worry you worry! He already said he needs to ventilate. NO offense , we need little emphaty and understanding!

Ebru

Thanks Ebru. That's exactly my issue. I want to relocate but I have heard horror stories from people in the past who were in the middle of an application and missed getting important documentation even though they updated change of address. I do not want to go through that nightmare. Also its my right to complain especially when the situation is affecting me. Mike doesn't know anything about me so its a bit obnoxious of him to insinuate that I am being unreasonable and since I have an extension letter so I should just shut up and wait. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Mike doesn't know anything about me so its a bit obnoxious of him to insinuate that I am being unreasonable and since I have an extension letter so I should just shut up and wait. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury.

1. Fill out your timeline, once again, maybe then someone here could at least assume what you situation is and not insinuate.

2. People have waited much longer then you, yet you may vent, sure, but for some reason that reminded me other people doing the same thing but in the I129 stage of the process, who in my opinion have a much worse of a situation then you.

3. Didn't mean to insult you, so keep venting away.

Mike.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry that VSC still hasn't cleaned up its act. It is very frustrating that CSC is able to process their own applications and a sizeable portion of the backlog from VSC as well - all within 3 or 4 months. It was extremely frustrating when CSC was pumping them out at 3 months while I was waiting for approval at VSC as well - ours took 12 months to be approved and at that time the average wait was between 11 and 15 months. I still think there has to be some way to improve that big of a discrepancy - they supposedly eliminated the backlogs but are still much slower than CSC. Hang in there - I hope you hear something positive soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I'm sorry that VSC still hasn't cleaned up its act. It is very frustrating that CSC is able to process their own applications and a sizeable portion of the backlog from VSC as well - all within 3 or 4 months. It was extremely frustrating when CSC was pumping them out at 3 months while I was waiting for approval at VSC as well - ours took 12 months to be approved and at that time the average wait was between 11 and 15 months. I still think there has to be some way to improve that big of a discrepancy - they supposedly eliminated the backlogs but are still much slower than CSC. Hang in there - I hope you hear something positive soon.

Thanks Kathryn41 but I won't hold my breath. It makes me so angry that others are saying that VSC still hasn't cleaned up its act over the last two years. I had a friend who lost her job because her i-751 was pending for over a year and her job required security clearance and she was having a hard time getting a renewal from USCIS because her extension letter was expiring. She was told by her job that she would have to resign once the extension letter expired because she couldn't work for her job with an expired GC and they didn't want her working longer than one year with the extension letter. So she ended up being out of work for 4 months and had to move because her husband couldn't pay the bills alone. The worse part is, when they moved, even though they contacted the USCIS about the change of address, she never received her Greencard. It was returned as undeliverable and she had to wait another month to get the new card. I am so not looking forward to that experience. I just want to get my card and move on with my life.

timeline:

filed i-751- july 7

biometrics done- july 22

since then.............................waiting

Edited by vscblws

Thanks Kathryn41 but I won't hold my breath. It makes me so angry that others are saying that VSC still hasn't cleaned up its act over the last two years. I had a friend who lost her job because her i-751 was pending for over a year and her job required security clearance and she was having a hard time getting a renewal from USCIS because her extension letter was expiring. She was told by her job that she would have to resign once the extension letter expired because she couldn't work for her job with an expired GC and they didn't want her working longer than one year with the extension letter. So she ended up being out of work for 4 months and had to move because her husband couldn't pay the bills alone. The worse part is, when they moved, even though they contacted the USCIS about the change of address, she never received her Greencard. It was returned as undeliverable and she had to wait another month to get the new card. I am so not looking forward to that experience. I just want to get my card and move on with my life.

timeline:

filed i-751- july 7

biometrics done- july 22

Why did she not make an Infopass appointment to get a stamp in her passport (if the extension letter had expired)? There are ways to do things if you'll look for them.

You're focusing on the worse case scenario. Not EVERYone who changes their address has a problem. But feel free to worry/vent if it'll help.

SA4userbar.jpg

timeline:

filed i-751- july 7

biometrics done- july 22

Why did she not make an Infopass appointment to get a stamp in her passport (if the extension letter had expired)? There are ways to do things if you'll look for them.

You're focusing on the worse case scenario. Not EVERYone who changes their address has a problem. But feel free to worry/vent if it'll help.

wow, so many defeders of the VSC in here!.. by th way she did get a stamp in her book but that wasn't good enough for her job because it wasn't a stamp for a year. Yes, i want i will focus on the worst case scenario because I am the one being affected by the current situation. I will not make any excuses for the VSC. They are notorious for dragging their feet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
[Yes, i want i will focus on the worst case scenario because I am the one being affected by the current situation. I will not make any excuses for the VSC. They are notorious for dragging their feet.

Dragging their feet? You mean you believe they are intentionally sitting on stacks of applications rather than dealing with an understaffed workforce or competing directives from management?

Pfft, come and complain after you've been waiting for a year, not a few months. There are people with legitimate claims of poor service, you are not one of them.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess I moved in the right time...

I used to live in NY until March 2009, and when I applied for AOS I submitted my application to VSC. It took only 3 months from the date I mailed to the date I was approved (interview). But it seems they do take longer for ROC.

We are now living in California, so I submitted my ROC to CSC. So far so good, things seems to be moving in a good pace. I guess they should have another service center to process ROC. Just 2 for the whole country is not enough...

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

08/2007 - Married in Brazil

09/2007 - Submitted AOS to VSC

12/2007 - AOS approved

09/2009 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

10/2009 - ROC approved (1 month 2 days from receipt date)

12/2010 - Submitted N400

01/2011 - Biometrics (twice)

02/2011 - Citizenship Interview and Civics Test

04/2011 - Oath Ceremony/American Citizen

wow, so many defeders of the VSC in here!.. by th way she did get a stamp in her book but that wasn't good enough for her job because it wasn't a stamp for a year. Yes, i want i will focus on the worst case scenario because I am the one being affected by the current situation. I will not make any excuses for the VSC. They are notorious for dragging their feet.

Where exactly did I defend the VSC? I DO think it stinks that they are that much further behind than the CSC - but I stand by my original statement about not sweating the I 751 when doing what we're going to do anyway (apply for hubby's naturalization) will force adjudication of the I 751. Even though I highly suspect they will have gotten around to it before that time anyway.

SA4userbar.jpg

I'm one of those people with a reason to complain. Long story, but received petition, but a "lost" money order, three I-751 packages later, here I sit....waiting. However, OP has every right to complain! We pay the same fees for the same service. We should be receiving the same level of service at ALL the service centers.

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

I'm one of those people with a reason to complain. Long story, but received petition, but a "lost" money order, three I-751 packages later, here I sit....waiting. However, OP has every right to complain! We pay the same fees for the same service. We should be receiving the same level of service at ALL the service centers.

mrs whizz you right, we pay the same money as people who file via CSC. I really don't care if anyone else will sit and twiddle their thumb after they file their application. Again, it's my right to express how i feel about MY CASE! so Mike and whoever, defend the VSC all you want but dont you dare tell me how to feel! It's my life, my time and my money. Move on to the next topic cause you aint gonna change how I feel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

mrs whizz you right, we pay the same money as people who file via CSC. I really don't care if anyone else will sit and twiddle their thumb after they file their application. Again, it's my right to express how i feel about MY CASE! so Mike and whoever, defend the VSC all you want but dont you dare tell me how to feel! It's my life, my time and my money. Move on to the next topic cause you aint gonna change how I feel.

Oh fine, lets take people away from CSC and make them slower.

hi vscblws,

i am in the same boat as you waiting. I know that anxious feeling u have. I see how the CSC applications are being processed way faster than ours and that is a bit depressing and frustrating but I tell myself that it will be over soon. Try not to worry too much. You will be alright.

I just have to vent.. VSC blows! this is the worst service center. August filers in CSC center are already approved while VSC is still just approving MAY applications barely. This is a total embarrassment. I am totally frustrated. I put in my application in july and did my biometrics the same month and I have absolutely no updates since then. I don't want to hate on the people who file in CSC but this is just ridiculous now. How many people do they have working in VSC? Two? here is a suggestion, if the case loads are too much, then TRANSFER them to the CSC.

VSC was incredibly slow a year ago. In my case, it took 11 months (!) from sending the documents till receiving an RFE, and almost a year more until I got my new greencard. For those who didn't have RFEs, 11-13 months was a normal timeline. Finally VSC had transferred some of the cases to CSC, and it took a few more months for CSC to get those cases approved. I mean, people who filed directly to CSC, were being approved before VSC transferees. So, it's better not to have your case to be transferred to CSC, unless you want to be in the end of the line, like if your NOA1 date is your transfer notice date.

You can imagine how frustrating it was for us, VSC filers, to see CSC filers being approved in 2-3 months, while we had to wait for about 1 year!

So, in my opinion, you have nothing to complain about, now VSC has been working really fast, and if you have to wait for a month or two than someone at CSC, it is not a big problem. Try to think about those who had to wait for a year more, like us a year ago. :ranting:

Edited by Ree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.