vscblws

VSC unbearably slow

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just have to vent.. VSC blows! this is the worst service center. August filers in CSC center are already approved while VSC is still just approving MAY applications barely. This is a total embarrassment. I am totally frustrated. I put in my application in july and did my biometrics the same month and I have absolutely no updates since then. I don't want to hate on the people who file in CSC but this is just ridiculous now. How many people do they have working in VSC? Two? here is a suggestion, if the case loads are too much, then TRANSFER them to the CSC.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I just have to vent.. VSC blows! this is the worst service center. August filers in CSC center are already approved while VSC is still just approving MAY applications barely. This is a total embarrassment. I am totally frustrated. I put in my application in july and did my biometrics the same month and I have absolutely no updates since then. I don't want to hate on the people who file in CSC but this is just ridiculous now. How many people do they have working in VSC? Two? here is a suggestion, if the case loads are too much, then TRANSFER them to the CSC.

I guess I'm a bit confused about the frustration if you are filing to remove conditions. Have you filed to lift conditions (I-751) or did you just post in the wrong forum?

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

I'll agree they're much slower than CSC, but I've never sweated the time line on removing conditions too much. We still plan to file for hubby's naturalization when he is eligible, which will 'force' adjudication of the I 751.

SA4userbar.jpg

I guess I'm a bit confused about the frustration if you are filing to remove conditions. Have you filed to lift conditions or did you just post in the wrong forum?

yes i posted in the correct forum..i filed to remove conditions. i didn't think my post was confusing but since you seem to be let me clarify. i filed i-751 in July, VSC is the center, I did the biometrics and have yet to see any updates only one touch while people who have filed with the CSC in August already have been approved!

Timeline

I guess I'm a bit confused about the frustration if you are filing to remove conditions. Have you filed to lift conditions or did you just post in the wrong forum?

yes i posted in the correct forum..i filed to remove conditions. i didn't think my post was confusing but since you seem to be let me clarify. i filed i-751 in July, VSC is the center, I did the biometrics and have yet to see any updates only one touch while people who have filed with the CSC in August already have been approved!

Your post was confusing because you have no timeline, no signature, no previous posts, no status info for your profile, and your initial post mentioned nothing about what part of the process you are currently in. Many users, especially new ones, post in the wrong forums which leads to confusion. Thank you for clarifying.

Edited by rsn

Timeline

VSC has has been slow for some time now.

From an interview with the VSC director:

Why is VSC taking so long, what happened? I was approved in 58 days!: We had problem with labor last year and lost many workers, we hired more last November and it took some time to get them trained. Some of the petitions were sent to California and we also assign people to different tyopes of visas. They will concentrate on one tyoe, get behind on another and then shift many people back to the other type. Lately we have shifted many, almost all, adjudicators to I-129fs, so that should make people happy. They will do that until they get caught up. Summer is a busy time for I-129fs, usually about June we get slammed with them. The winter or early spring is the slowest time for I-129fs, but then it depends what they have everyone working on also.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Vscblows,

Lol..I guess a year later...the VSC is still the same old slow way when filing for I-751s....been there, done that last year...

(and I vented about the exact same thing too when I filed for my I-751 and was waiting...totally understand how you feel here)

I guess they didn't learn after all....

My I-751 file spent 7 months at the VSC....then got transferred to the CSC for 3 months....then back to the VSC for approval...oh boy....

Total time for the I-751...10 months! What a waste! What a nightmare! (See my VJ detailed timeline for my complete story)

Heck I was pregnant for 9 months while waiting...talk about what happens quicker...lol....Baby first....rofl....

As well, I had to get my local congressman to intervene just to get my file processed! (lol..otherwise I'd still be waiting now...)

Doesn't seem fair either that the CSC can get it done so much quicker than the VSC for the exact same thing and charge the exact same fees for that either.

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that anymore...I'm onto the N-400 now...which I have to give up my 10yr card...too...lol....

But yeah it's a definitely worth complaining about still..

Don't worry, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Don't give up! Your file will eventually get processed and you'll get your 10yr card soon!

Hope this helps...Good luck on your immigration journey....

Ant (former I-751 VSCer....)

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Your post was confusing because you have no timeline, no signature, no previous posts, no status info for your profile, and your initial post mentioned nothing about what part of the process you are currently in. Many users, especially new ones, post in the wrong forums which leads to confusion. Thank you for clarifying.

I second your emotion the discrepency between the 2 service centers is too much.

no worries. i have never posted before but I have been visiting on the site daily basis so I knew how to navigate and post in the right forum. I just needed to vent my frustration about the VSC because its getting out of hand how unbelievable slow they are. My temporary card expired and its a hassle crossing the border to Canada with the extension letter and expired GC. They keep asking me when am I getting the new card and it really irritates me. I just want the whole thing to be done and over with!

Timeline

no worries. i have never posted before but I have been visiting on the site daily basis so I knew how to navigate and post in the right forum. I just needed to vent my frustration about the VSC because its getting out of hand how unbelievable slow they are. My temporary card expired and its a hassle crossing the border to Canada with the extension letter and expired GC. They keep asking me when am I getting the new card and it really irritates me. I just want the whole thing to be done and over with!

Understood, and my apologies if my posts come off as a bit short. That's just my "posting personality" I guess. I hope my quote from an interview w/ the VSC director (courtesy of Gary of "Gary and Alla" was of some use as far as shedding some light on the situation.

Try figure this. I just saw a K1 get the NOA2 approval notice in 6 weeks from VSC from start to finish !!! :bonk:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Try figure this. I just saw a K1 get the NOA2 approval notice in 6 weeks from VSC from start to finish !!! :bonk:

That actually isn't too surprising since the VSC director recently said that most adjudicators have recently switched to processing I-129fs.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Vscblows,

Lol..I got asked the same thing too..when I went back to Canada for visits while my I-751 was processing...(lol..on top of that, I'm Canadian with a Canadian passport...extra insulting there from the border guards...)..

The border guards on both sides of the border had no clue what the NOA was, and questioned about that, and delayed us at the border.....

And yeah, I hate being hassled at the border like that!

For example, one guard said to me: "What is this letter about? Where is your new card? How come they are taking so long to make such?", when I explained my situation to them.

To which I wanted to say to them: "How the heck am I supposed to know when I will get my card? I've been waiting for (insert number of months) for that! I want my card too! Why don't you give me the card, since you are an immigration official and want it so much?"...lol....

But yeah, you should be ok with just the expired green card and noa and foreign passport...It's prefectly legal to travel this way....Not your fault if they give you a hard time about such! Its the VSC that should be embarassed about this, not you!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

To which I wanted to say to them: "How the heck am I supposed to know when I will get my card? I've been waiting for (insert number of months) for that! I want my card too! Why don't you give me the card, since you are an immigration official and want it so much?"...lol....

that's exactly what I wanted to say when they asked me how come the new card is taking so long but I held my tongue. I am not embarrassed at all. the VSC should be embarrassed but I guess that wont happen since being embarrassed would mean ACTION and it seems this center doesn't know the meaning of the word!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am waiting for the green card from VSC as well, filed in August, but I am not nearly as upset as you. Everyone knows VSC is slow with I751s and takes its time with with them, so it's a part of the deal. As long as my wife can work and travel, with the NOA document, I really don't care if it takes 6 months or 1 year, because she will apply for citizenship on that 1 year mark. I would on the other hand understand why you would be so upset if it was the I-129 you were applying for! Now that's an upsetting thing, when you are apart from your fiancee for more then a year and waiting to be together to get married. At this point where you are now, you should not care as much, since this process does not stop you from being together, it does not stop you from working or traveling! What else do you really want?! If it's a slow approval rate - you can complain all you want, but I'd rather save my energy since this part of the visajourney is way better then it's beggining, along with the visa interviews, NVC, EAD and travel documents. In conclusion, a lot of people are waiting to just be with their loved ones, and you are venting about a piece of plastic while having all the means (travel, work), I don't want to be rude, but IHMO you should not be whining at all.

P.S. Oh, and Fill out your timeline please.

Mike.

Edited by gogal2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.