Wyatt's Torch

Electronic Processing

420 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I want to share my experience thus far with EP. We got NOA2 March 24th and in four business days ( 6 calender days) it was received at NVC and we obtained our NVC case number (Mar 30th). I sent in the OPTIN email plus the .pdf DS3032 and got an autoreply saying it would/could take 10 days etc. I expected a few days. Yesterday I hop a flight to the USA and didn't check email until late last night. I check and find that NVC has acknowledged our case and even sent out our AOS bill (Mar 31) !! So we paid it and got all our electronic documents organized and ready to go.

That was unbelievably quick !!! That may indicate that things are moving along with NVC - or that I just got incredibly lucky.

But that really caught me off guard - so there is hope for speedy processing through NVC.

So far, the bill is still at the 'in process' stage - we did get an odd email advising that the principal applicant (me)'s name could not be found. But when we check the online system it shows both of in there. I can also log in as the principal applicant - must be a glitch in their system or maybe that's what it'll say until the bill is shown as paid. Hopefully that's today given that we lose a day to Good Friday. Mind you, Easter Monday isn't recognized as a stat holiday here in the USA so that should give us a day next week.

Anyway, that is the story thus far. No way could we have moved this quickly had we sent this USPS.

Good luck all.

Did you call NVC at all, prior to sending off the OPT IN email? was a 'ds-3032 kit' sent to either of you, via email? I ask, because if you've stumbled into a process change (or got lucky) - hey - I'd love to know about it.

This EP thing has some variances to it, you betcha... There was massive processing lag during March 2010, but - if they've got 'caught up' or the process was 'refactored' back at NVC - I'm betting you got some speed on this because of NVC EP 'fixing themselves' this week. But that's just a hunch, at this point.

Warmest Regards...

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'm concerned that you did not receive an AOS fee bill in a 'DS-3032 kit' email.

You need the IIN number to pay AOS online. The AOS fee bill , in 'that' email, contains the IIN number.

There's some 'timing' on this - I think the IIN was not ready, not generated, by the time you called NVC and talked to a human. I could be wrong, of course.

My rule-of-thumb is 'wait 2 weeks from NOA-2 date' but others have success not waiting those two weeks.

I called and talked to an operator, they said they sent the DS-3032 in the mail before I gave them our email addresses (although it was the same day March 24th) so I have to wait until the package arrives in the mail now.. Been over a week now and nothing from NVC in the mail. Hoping for something today. After this, they said they'd do all correspondence by email. So we'll see what happens.. Not the easiest process.

Removal of Conditions Journey:

2012 May 4 - mailed I-751

2012 May 8 - delivered @ CSC

2012 May 18 - NOA1

2012 Jun 15 - biometrics appointment

2012 Dec 12 - I-751 approved

2012 Dec 20 - Received 10-year GC!

I want to share my experience thus far with EP. We got NOA2 March 24th and in four business days ( 6 calender days) it was received at NVC and we obtained our NVC case number (Mar 30th). I sent in the OPTIN email plus the .pdf DS3032 and got an autoreply saying it would/could take 10 days etc. I expected a few days. Yesterday I hop a flight to the USA and didn't check email until late last night. I check and find that NVC has acknowledged our case and even sent out our AOS bill (Mar 31) !! So we paid it and got all our electronic documents organized and ready to go.

That was unbelievably quick !!! That may indicate that things are moving along with NVC - or that I just got incredibly lucky.

But that really caught me off guard - so there is hope for speedy processing through NVC.

So far, the bill is still at the 'in process' stage - we did get an odd email advising that the principal applicant (me)'s name could not be found. But when we check the online system it shows both of in there. I can also log in as the principal applicant - must be a glitch in their system or maybe that's what it'll say until the bill is shown as paid. Hopefully that's today given that we lose a day to Good Friday. Mind you, Easter Monday isn't recognized as a stat holiday here in the USA so that should give us a day next week.

Anyway, that is the story thus far. No way could we have moved this quickly had we sent this USPS.

Good luck all.

Nice Zenaxe! good.gif Glad the process is moving ahead for you guys. Amazing how timing of calls and emails to NVC and everything can make a difference. You've moving through the NVC much faster than us even though we got our NOA 2 quicker.

They sent our DS-3032 and AOS fee bill out in the mail (never got an email version like you) so now we're stuck in a sudo EP/regular process until I can get the IIN to pay the AOS bill online.

I sent the OPT IN email and signed DS-3032 PDF last week and still waiting on an acceptance from them - been 5 business days so far.

Edited by bwoo

2012 May 18 - NOA1

Timeline

bwoo - I suggest this - call NVC today, ask them to generate an AOS fee bill email for you.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

bwoo - I suggest this - call NVC today, ask them to generate an AOS fee bill email for you.

Good Luck !

Darnell - thanks for all your help and patience with us!headbonk.gif

I called NVC and requested them to generate a AOS fee bill email and they said "that's fine and it may take 2-3 days". So we'll see which one shows up first, the email or mail package. Still waiting to hear back for an approval on the OPT IN email but still within the usual response period (on business day 5).

2012 May 18 - NOA1

Darnell - thanks for all your help and patience with us!headbonk.gif

I called NVC and requested them to generate a AOS fee bill email and they said "that's fine and it may take 2-3 days". So we'll see which one shows up first, the email or mail package. Still waiting to hear back for an approval on the OPT IN email but still within the usual response period (on business day 5).

Darnell - I received the AOS bill package in the mail yesterday with my IIN so I paid it last night. Guess I will ignore the email when it comes. Will wait until it shows "PAID" and then I'll submit I-864 package via email and see what happens. Hopefully in the meantime I'll receive the successful EP enrollment email so I'll know I'm back on track..

2012 May 18 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is very interesting...

My husband (the petitioner) received 3 emails from NVC today. The body for the e-mail is the same for all 3, which looks like this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The attached correspondence relates to an immigrant visa referenced on the subject line. This case is being processed by the National Visa Center. Please read the information carefully and follow the instructions.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, please notify NVCinquiry@state.gov immediately by e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

If at any time you wish not to receive correspondence by e-mail you may "Opt Out" by sending a written request to NVCinquiry@state.gov. This e-mail is sent by: The U.S. Department of State's National Visa Center, located at 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth NH 03801. Please DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.

However, the attachments are different. Two of the attachments are extremely similar, each contains the DS-3032 form and the AOS Fee Bill (except the pages are in different order and one of the DS-3032 is dated 2006), and the third one contains the DS-3032 only.

I didn't call the NVC to ask them to generate the AOS bill. I only sent in the OPTIN email and waited. We still haven't received the EP acceptance e-mail but I wonder if it's important anymore, since they obviously received my OPTIN email...

USCIS

2010-01-20: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

2010-01-27: I-130 NOA 1

2010-03-24: I-130 NOA 2 (e-mail)

I-130 was approved in 56 days from NOA1 date.

NVC

2010-03-30: NVC case number assigned

2010-03-31: Sent OPTIN e-mail and DS-3032

2010-04-02: Received DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill (e-mail)

2010-04-03: Paid AOS Fee online

2010-04-15: Received EP confirmation e-mail

2010-04-27: Sent I-864 package by e-mail

2010-04-27: Paid IV Fee Bill

2010-04-29: Sent DS-230 package by e-mail

2010-05-06: Received RFE for I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-08: Resent corrected I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-19: Received e-mail from NVC: case complete

Consulate

2010-09-24: Medical examination in Montreal

2010-10-26: Interview- Approved

Timeline

My husband paid the 70$ AOS fee online this morning and received the following e-mail:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The U.S. Department of State's online Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center has been utilized to pay the fees associated with the immigrant visa application of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT NAME NOT FOUND. Your copy of the receipt is attached to this email in a PDF file.

If you find that you cannot open the attached file, please double check that you have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat installed on your system. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Please contact the NVC (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html) with any additional questions you may have.

***Important: Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not set up to receive email.

I'm a little worried that it says "PRINCIPAL APPLICANT NAME NOT FOUND". What does it mean exactly? :unsure:

USCIS

2010-01-20: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

2010-01-27: I-130 NOA 1

2010-03-24: I-130 NOA 2 (e-mail)

I-130 was approved in 56 days from NOA1 date.

NVC

2010-03-30: NVC case number assigned

2010-03-31: Sent OPTIN e-mail and DS-3032

2010-04-02: Received DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill (e-mail)

2010-04-03: Paid AOS Fee online

2010-04-15: Received EP confirmation e-mail

2010-04-27: Sent I-864 package by e-mail

2010-04-27: Paid IV Fee Bill

2010-04-29: Sent DS-230 package by e-mail

2010-05-06: Received RFE for I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-08: Resent corrected I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-19: Received e-mail from NVC: case complete

Consulate

2010-09-24: Medical examination in Montreal

2010-10-26: Interview- Approved

Timeline

However, the attachments are different. Two of the attachments are extremely similar, each contains the DS-3032 form and the AOS Fee Bill (except the pages are in different order and one of the DS-3032 is dated 2006), and the third one contains the DS-3032 only.

I didn't call the NVC to ask them to generate the AOS bill. I only sent in the OPTIN email and waited. We still haven't received the EP acceptance e-mail but I wonder if it's important anymore, since they obviously received my OPTIN email...

Enrolling in EP, and paying online via the payment portal -

are two seperate things. They are not directly linked.

Later, 'status of payment' can be used to PUSH things into the NVC email box - but

when you have 'paid notice' - it is 'safe' to submit your email 'with stuff' .

There are two distinct 'things' with the payment portal - AOS for I-864, and IV for DS-230.

Since you are Canadien EP person, no need to 'wait' on any 'EP acceptance' at all. Just send in a set after the payment portal marks it 'paid'.

The 'thing' that gets you INTO the payment portal, from that stream of 3 emails, is the AOS feel bill - the IIN is there, along with the payment portal link. HAVING THIS EMAIL is clear indication that the IIN has been set up, and the payment portal is READY to accept yer monies.

Good Luck !

I'm a little worried that it says "PRINCIPAL APPLICANT NAME NOT FOUND". What does it mean exactly? :unsure:

Data Error back at NVC. Don't sweat it - absolutely a programming problem @ NVC.

Darnell - I received the AOS bill package in the mail yesterday with my IIN so I paid it last night. Guess I will ignore the email when it comes. Will wait until it shows "PAID" and then I'll submit I-864 package via email and see what happens. Hopefully in the meantime I'll receive the successful EP enrollment email so I'll know I'm back on track..

Yup - keep monitoring the payment portal for status. When the AOS is marked 'paid' on the portal, is 'safe' to send in the I-864 set.

Good Luck !

Timeline

I Sent the optin email in over a week ago. I got the automated response back, but havent heard anything else back.(My wife sent in the COA attachment along with the optin e-mail as the directions state) I have paid the 70$ bill..also been a week since it has showed paid. The IV bill still shows not invoiced. So, a week of no progress. Anyone else kinda in a holding pattern or so? Or Am I just unlucky?

USCIS

12-26-2009 : Marriage

1-07-2010 : Filed I-130

1-08-2010 : Package Recieved

1-12-2010 : NOA1

3-12-2010 : NOA2

Your I-130 was approved in 59 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

3-19-2010 : NVC Recieved. Case # Assigned

3-22-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

3-25-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

3-25-2010 : Applied for EP/DS-3032 e-mailed

3-25-2010 : Pay AOS Bill Online

4-04-2010 : E-mailed I-864

4-08-2010 : EP Accepted/Paid IV Bill

4-12-2010 : E-mailed DS-230

4-16-2010 : All documents accepted at NVC

4-22-2010 : Log in Fail!!

5-27-2010 : Interview date assigned

7-21-2010 : Medical

7-26-2010 : Interview - APPROVED

8-18-2010 : POE - Ambassador Bridge

Timeline

If it's showed paid, then someone needs to send in the I-864 set.

see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Alternatively - you can follow these steps - see

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing#Steps

For Montreal CaseFiles, you DO NOT NEED TO WAIT on 'EP Acceptance' email at all.

Last Year, I could say, with certainty -

That the IV bill will not show up 'to be paid'

unless you sent off the I-864 set from the AOS 'set'.

Things have changed a bit, for March, 2010, though - many people (not all) would show the AOS and IV fee bill being available to be paid at the same time, upon first login at the payment portal.

Don't sweat 'waiting for the IV bill to show up' - in fact, NVC is waiting on YOU (or yer spouse) to send in the I-864 set.

Guangzhou CaseFiles, alas, must wait. grrrr.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

If it's showed paid, then someone needs to send in the I-864 set.

see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Alternatively - you can follow these steps - see

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing#Steps

For Montreal CaseFiles, you DO NOT NEED TO WAIT on 'EP Acceptance' email at all.

Guangzhou CaseFiles, alas, must wait. grrrr.

Oh, I thought you had to wait for the EP email back to send the things in an e-mail or they would be disreguarded. Thanks. I will double check that e-mail package now. Thanks :)

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

FireRay - no, not wait at all. reread my prior post , though - I've added to it.

Timeline

FireRay - no, not wait at all. reread my prior post , though - I've added to it.

The I-864 is going to be quite a few e-mails..LOL

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

The I-864 is going to be quite a few e-mails..LOL

Hey - if yer using the toolsets I've mentioned on the wiki -

you can SKIP printing the I-864 instruction pages

and

reduce the output DPI on the PDF files to 75 DPI.

Most people have found that any collection of file attachments larger than 10 megabytes gets BOUNCED by NVC email server. But - is absolutely OK to send off multiple emails, you betcha !

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.