lgg

Travel help...

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Broncos!!.... ? :)

I'm so lost right now. I got the Baltimore=Ravens, and the Ravens=the raven, Steelers= grits and tattoos... Close?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here Huggles....

Have a drink...

;)

I'm so lost right now. I got the Baltimore=Ravens, and the Ravens=the raven, Steelers= grits and tattoos... Close?

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Here Huggles....

Have a drink...

;)

:thumbs: I can sure use it!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'ts okay Carlawarla...

BWI is the Baltimore/Washington International airport!

:)

Well, I read this thread in it's entirety, and I know it's only 6:57 a.m. and I'm sipping my second cup of coffee, and I'm 51 and my menopausal memory sucks, but wth is BWI?

wow, I learn so much by just hanging around here :)

Is it sad that I understood Varba perfectly? :unsure:

You must teach me... I don't always understand him.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
So our conversation would have gone something like:

lgg:Ravens rock! They got their name from a poe poem!

v:Cool story bro. I don't think they did tho.

lgg:They did <link> GG nub

v:halp, i be pwnd.

lgg: roflcopter QQ mor nub

Translation:

Lgg: Ravens are the best team, especially since they're named after the poem by Edgar Allan Poe.

Varba: Hey, don't BS me, lady, that isn't true!

Lgg: I'm not bsing you, here's the proof: link. Jeeeeeeeeez.

Varba: Oh, well, I guess I was wrong!

Lgg: You're damn right you were wrong.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

HA!

Mal, this made me LAUGH!!!!

It really did.

You're damn right you were wrong!

I have a case of the bvtchies!

Translation:

Lgg: Ravens are the best team, especially since they're named after the poem by Edgar Allan Poe.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Lgg,

I personally haven't taken the bus from Toronto to Buffalo (My husband and I prefer to drive instead, we're country folks).

However, some Canadian relatives of mine (they don't drive, like you, they're city folks) that came over from Canada recently for a visit rode the bus here (I'm near Buffalo, NY), and this is what they did:

-Bought the bus tickets from Coach Canada: http://www.coachcanada.com/coachcanada/

-The schedules from Toronto to Buffalo are as follows: http://www.coachcanada.com/coachcanada/ss....id=225670112158 (this also includes both coach canada and mega bus schedules)

-Tickets are about $30 one way, and $50 round trip on coach canada

-Yes, the mega bus does exist and tickets are only $1. However, reservations have to be made in advance online for that, those buses don't have frequent schedules, and they only run at certain times of the year. So plan ahead if you want to ride the mega bus. Otherwise, just go with the regular coach canada buses, which are pretty frequent schedules and are reliable.

-The buses leave in Toronto from the Greyhound Station (near Dundas and Yonge St., I think) or at the Royal York Hotel, and have various stops in Ontario (Niagara Falls, St. Catherines, Grimsby, etc.) along the way.

-The trip takes 2-3 hours from Toronto to Buffalo. Allow room for some delays though, especially since going through customs/border crossings can cause delays for everyone on the bus.

-The buses stop at the Ft.Erie/Buffalo customs/border crossing for inspection (lol...aka interrrogation from the border guards)

-The bus stops at the downtown Buffalo Bus terminal.

-From the Buffalo Bus terminal, you can take a local bus (kind of like the TTC/The Rocket) from NFTA (Niagara Frontier Transit Authority) bus to the Buffalo Airport (I don't know the exact schedules, but I assume they have at least one bus a day from there).

-For more info about NFTA buses to the Buffalo Airport, you can check it out here: http://www.nfta.com/metro/routes/ and here: http://www.nfta.com/metro/airport.asp "Airport-Downtown Express

This shuttle runs non-stop service between the airport and Buffalo's central business district, including the Metro Bus station downtown (Metropolitan Transportation Center.) One-way fare (in most cases) is $2.05. Service runs weekdays, approximately every 30 minutes, during peak drive time. Consult the schedule - Route 204"

Hope this helps. Good luck on your holiday travels to the USA and on your immigration journeys too.

Ant

Well, it looks as though I won't be home for Xmas yet again so... I'm going to fly to see my husband over xmas. As you all must know, Air Canada blows big lumpy chunks when it comes to price and selection.

What I was thinking of doing was taking the bus from Toronto to Buffalo NY -- Just found out it only takes about 2 hours using a company called Mega Bus and then I will fly out of BUF to BWI for about 200$ or less.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can go about this? I do not drive and thus, do not own a car -- I wish I did now but alas...

How do you all do it?

Anyone want to carpool? I am excellent company!

;)

just looking for other travel ideas that are cheaper and such. Also, if you have heard anything about the bus company I mentioned or have any other ideas as to how to get to Buffalo airport in safe manner? OR know of some cheap airlines and stuff that I may not have found.

Thanks guys...

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
HA!

Mal, this made me LAUGH!!!!

It really did.

You're damn right you were wrong!

I have a case of the bvtchies!

Translation:

Welcome. ;)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Lgg,

I personally haven't taken the bus from Toronto to Buffalo (My husband and I prefer to drive instead, we're country folks).

However, some Canadian relatives of mine (they don't drive, like you, they're city folks) that came over from Canada recently for a visit rode the bus here (I'm near Buffalo, NY), and this is what they did:

-Bought the bus tickets from Coach Canada: http://www.coachcanada.com/coachcanada/

-The schedules from Toronto to Buffalo are as follows: http://www.coachcanada.com/coachcanada/ss....id=225670112158 (this also includes both coach canada and mega bus schedules)

-Yes, the mega bus does exist and tickets are only $1. However, reservations have to be made in advance online for that, those buses don't have frequent schedules, and they only run at certain times of the year. So plan ahead if you want to ride the mega bus. Otherwise, just go with the regular coach canada buses, which are pretty frequent schedules and are reliable.

-The buses leave in Toronto from the Greyhound Station (near Dundas and Yonge St., I think) or at the Royal York Hotel, and have various stops in Ontario (Niagara Falls, St. Catherines, Grimsby, etc.) along the way.

-The trip takes 2-3 hours from Toronto to Buffalo. Allow room for some delays though, especially since going through customs/border crossings can cause delays for everyone on the bus.

-The buses stop at the Ft.Erie/Buffalo customs/border crossing for inspection (lol...aka interrrogation from the border guards)

-From the Buffalo Bus terminal, you can take a local bus (kind of like the TTC/The Rocket) from NFTA (Niagara Frontier Transit Authority) bus to the Buffalo Airport (I don't know the exact schedules, but I assume they have at least one bus a day from there).

-For more info about NFTA buses to the Buffalo Airport, you can check it out here: http://www.nfta.com/metro/routes/ and here: http://www.nfta.com/metro/airport.asp "Airport-Downtown Express

This shuttle runs non-stop service between the airport and Buffalo's central business district, including the Metro Bus station downtown (Metropolitan Transportation Center.) One-way fare (in most cases) is $2.05. Service runs weekdays, approximately every 30 minutes, during peak drive time. Consult the schedule - Route 204"

Hope this helps. Good luck on your holiday travels to the USA and on your immigration journeys too.

Ant

Well, it looks as though I won't be home for Xmas yet again so... I'm going to fly to see my husband over xmas. As you all must know, Air Canada blows big lumpy chunks when it comes to price and selection.

What I was thinking of doing was taking the bus from Toronto to Buffalo NY -- Just found out it only takes about 2 hours using a company called Mega Bus and then I will fly out of BUF to BWI for about 200$ or less.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can go about this? I do not drive and thus, do not own a car -- I wish I did now but alas...

How do you all do it?

;)

just looking for other travel ideas that are cheaper and such. Also, if you have heard anything about the bus company I mentioned or have any other ideas as to how to get to Buffalo airport in safe manner? OR know of some cheap airlines and stuff that I may not have found.

Thanks guys...

I have taken the bus (Greyhound was $24 I think) to Buffalo a few times, even went once with Mumsie. Megabus wasn't running at the time. You meet some rather interesting people on the bus. You can expect to be hassled at the border but once you cross it is OK. The bus terminal is at 181 Elllicott Street, it is not a dangerous neighbourhood but do not leave your bags unattended. I did the overnight trip and took the Genesee 24 bus. The last one to the airport leaves at around 10PM You need to take the 24B, 24C or 24P. This bus will go to the Correctional facility but that is past the airport. If you have a choice, sleep in the airport and not the bus terminal. I think the fare was around $2.05. The airport express runs at peak hours but off-peak you will have to take the Genessee bus. If you can carpool I would go for it but the bus isn't too bad.

The Ravens? The Steelers? PULEEEZE, try cheering for the Bills. :crying:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Wow Ant+D+A, thanks SO much for taking the time to lay out all this stuff for me -- really, really helpful. Thank you. Thanks everyone. I have decided that the train to Buffalo is most likely a no go as god, it's 5 or 6 hours! Geez. All this because we only have the one Airline and they like to charge 900$ for a ticket to BWI (it's an hour flight, btw)....

Thank you so mcuh for the detailed info -- very nice of you.

Best,

LGG

Hi Lgg,

Ant

How do you all do it?

;)

Thanks guys...

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi LGG,

No problem, glad to be able to help you there...:)

Lol..actually I had to look up the same information the other week for those relatives of mine that came over from Toronto to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving here in the USA with me, so it's kind of fresh in my head and on my computer. As well, I was there at the bus terminal last week (lol..baby and all), so it's fresh on my mind that way too.

By the way, the bus station is on 131 Ellicot Street (as someone else mentioned too), and the coach canada bus comes on gate 13 and I think the nfta bus is on gate 14. If in doubt of bus schedules, just ask the workers behind the trailways desk (there are no schedules posted on the walls), and they should be able to help you there. The washrooms (lol...as my Canadian relatives like to call it) are at the corner of the station (next to the taxi stand), and there are vending machines and a small cafe/food stand there. The buses are not always on time (there's about a 15-45 mins delay), so plan ahead accordingly if you are going to get a connecting bus to the airport. Hmm..anything else I can't think of at the moment..but if you need more info about the Toronto and Buffalo areas (which are both 'local' to me), bus terminals, or anything else, just ask, and maybe I can try and help you again there too....

Yeah, the train is probably more expensive and is longer, so the bus is your best bet there to get to where you are going.

Taking the bus to Buffalo and getting the cheaper airlines ticket is way better. Can't believe though, that the Canadian airlines would charge so much more for the same ticket. Lol..must be the taxes, or something like that....Oh yeah, most things are cheaper here in America...lol....

Hmm...maybe I should try taking the bus too...Then again....lol..I like driving....oh well....

Good luck with your travels to Buffalo and then to BWI (Baltimore?) and with the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant

Wow Ant+D+A, thanks SO much for taking the time to lay out all this stuff for me -- really, really helpful. Thank you. Thanks everyone. I have decided that the train to Buffalo is most likely a no go as god, it's 5 or 6 hours! Geez. All this because we only have the one Airline and they like to charge 900$ for a ticket to BWI (it's an hour flight, btw)....

Thank you so mcuh for the detailed info -- very nice of you.

Best,

LGG

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Hey, just to let you all know, I was getting BUMMED as all the flights I was finding from Buffalo to Washington had stopovers in Newark or Philadelphia... FFS! BUT, I found lovely Southwest airlines that has a DIRECT flight from buffalo to the BWI airport AND the price, even at Xmas time, was 150$ all in return.

Also, the Couch buslines goes right to the Buffalo airport -- I'mgoing to assume for now that this is the correct airport?? So that ticket is about 60$ all in and the ride takes about 3 hours.

I think that this settles it for me. I realize there might be delays and such -- I may even miss a flight but you know what? I'll get to my family in Maryland at some point so...

Thanks for your help and your well wishes. I appreciate it a lot. If anyone happens to know if I'm incorrect about the bus going into the Buffalo airport, drop me a note but as far as my research dictates now, the apparently do.

And that would be great.

:D

PS The Air Canada ticket from Toronto to BWI (the flight is an hour) is going for 900$ at the moment. Seriously. If I may say? What a bunch of Aholes.

.;)

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.