5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Mike, your message was kind of vague. But I will try and answer your question to the best of my abilities.

From the way you have written your message, it sounds like you want to know whether the email conversations you guys have had in the past have to be translated in English or not for the I-129F application?

The answer to that is Yes !!! UCSIS does not understand your mother tongue, the only language they know is English and for them to consider these emails as an evidenciary support to your application is by understanding what they read.

I hope this helps !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi y all. does our e mails need to be translated. and they need to be long? thanks in advance

Yes, translate them, otherwise they won't have the slightest clue what they are. You don't have to include thousands of emails though... just maybe a a handful for each month. From what I hear they're often not even looked at, but I guess that all depends on your other supporting evidence and the mood of your CO on the day.

As for the length of them... ummm... I wouldn't have thought that would matter too much as long as they constitute a 'conversation'

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They would need to be translated for the USCIS if you were submitting them as proof to them. However, the embassy will not need them translated. You could just translate 1 or 2 to send along with your packet and then bring a significant number more to the interview that have not been translated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.