lgg

how DO people get by doing the A.O.S

228 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
god, it's not about anything else at this point except that you're rude and belligerent and expect us to kowtow to the fact that you're using a very transparent facade of, Oh poor wittle me, I didn't know... please tell me it'll be okay. OH and you super :star: -- you married for love. What'd you think we all married here for? Money? The titillating prospect of buying super sized cans of beans and Costco? Geepers...

That paired with the smug is grotesque really.

Just added to my list of things to do in life:

Have coffee with lgg!

:D

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
god, it's not about anything else at this point except that you're rude and belligerent and expect us to kowtow to the fact that you're using a very transparent facade of, Oh poor wittle me, I didn't know... please tell me it'll be okay. OH and you super :star: -- you married for love. What'd you think we all married here for? Money? The titillating prospect of buying super sized cans of beans and Costco? Geepers...

That paired with the smug is grotesque really.

Just added to my list of things to do in life:

Have coffee with lgg!

#######! No coffee for me? I am offended. #######. :cry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Man, I'll have coffee with BOTH you ladies -- we can all rip the world apart...

;)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

It's actually okay, not a huge fan of the doughnut thing though... coffee though? I have coffee coursing through my veins.

I am not kidding.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

NOOOO!!!!!!! I apologize if that is how you took what I wrote. At the school where I teach, we have so many families who just show up, pass the family business on to, say, their brother who hasn't even ARRIVED, but now, all of a sudden, this other family gets to come over and take over the business - mind you all tax free for 7 years... have their children assume they can buy the teacher by tossing $50 bills on the teacher's desk, taking alcohol from the family store and giving it as a gift to their teacher. Yeah, I've had both of these happen to me. Then, when the parents come in, they don't understand why I didn't accept the gifts *ahem... bribes*, because in their world, money gets them everything. So, for me to say "legal", for me, in my frame of reference, I was thinking of these families whose students I have taught within the past 6 years.

Amanda, I did not mean offense in ANY way towards you, or others who apply for AOS after coming over for a visit and deciding what they (as a couple) want out of life. Because, as you said, THAT too IS LEGAL!!! :thumbs: Again, when I said "legal", I was thinking of those with whom I have had experiences and do not mean ill thoughts towards those who chose a different process than we did.

what do you mean by the bolded?

eta: if you mean certain classes of immigrants getting a tax holiday after immigrating - that's a farce of jealousy and the fact that anyone who has been through this process would still believe that immigrants have any advantage over citizens is mind blowing to me.

Edited by LaL

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
NOOOO!!!!!!! I apologize if that is how you took what I wrote. At the school where I teach, we have so many families who just show up, pass the family business on to, say, their brother who hasn't even ARRIVED, but now, all of a sudden, this other family gets to come over and take over the business - mind you all tax free for 7 years... have their children assume they can buy the teacher by tossing $50 bills on the teacher's desk, taking alcohol from the family store and giving it as a gift to their teacher. Yeah, I've had both of these happen to me. Then, when the parents come in, they don't understand why I didn't accept the gifts *ahem... bribes*, because in their world, money gets them everything. So, for me to say "legal", for me, in my frame of reference, I was thinking of these families whose students I have taught within the past 6 years.

Amanda, I did not mean offense in ANY way towards you, or others who apply for AOS after coming over for a visit and deciding what they (as a couple) want out of life. Because, as you said, THAT too IS LEGAL!!! :thumbs: Again, when I said "legal", I was thinking of those with whom I have had experiences and do not mean ill thoughts towards those who chose a different process than we did.

eta: if you mean certain classes of immigrants getting a tax holiday after immigrating - that's a farce of jealousy and the fact that anyone who has been through this process would still believe that immigrants have any advantage over citizens is mind blowing to me.

That there are people here, in the area where I live, who own a business, under some US ruling, they can own this business tax free for 7 years and when their 7 years is up, they can pass the business on to a family member, another one from their home country. These businesses consist mostly of delis, "party stores" (like a liquor store), and various convenience stores.

I too thought it to be a farce, but when the money flows freely (literally flowing onto my desk)... I asked a parent once, with whom I had become good friends, about this concept (7 years). She told me that yes, in fact, their family business was passed on to her husband by her brother-in-law who had come to the US prior to their arrival. The "tax free" concept is to allow the family additional money for living expenses, etc. The businesses still report their revenues to the IRS and local revenue departments, but the amount they keep is astronomical.

Trust me. As a USC, who has an immigrant husband trying to start his own business, I would LOVE for this to apply to him. Unfortunately, I can't find the loophole. If I could, I would share the insight with all of my Canadian friends here!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

That there are people here, in the area where I live, who own a business, under some US ruling, they can own this business tax free for 7 years and when their 7 years is up, they can pass the business on to a family member, another one from their home country. These businesses consist mostly of delis, "party stores" (like a liquor store), and various convenience stores.

I too thought it to be a farce, but when the money flows freely (literally flowing onto my desk)... I asked a parent once, with whom I had become good friends, about this concept (7 years). She told me that yes, in fact, their family business was passed on to her husband by her brother-in-law who had come to the US prior to their arrival. The "tax free" concept is to allow the family additional money for living expenses, etc. The businesses still report their revenues to the IRS and local revenue departments, but the amount they keep is astronomical.

Trust me. As a USC, who has an immigrant husband trying to start his own business, I would LOVE for this to apply to him. Unfortunately, I can't find the loophole. If I could, I would share the insight with all of my Canadian friends here!!!

its a rummor and not true. and even on snopes

Timeline

kittyfang is in the situation she is in because she is a belligerent ######. it's called karma. life is what you make of it. so if your life sucks, it does so for a reason. get bent. :)

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If you all insist... all I know is this friend of mine did say that the business is passed on within the family every seven years and they don't worry about the taxes. If she was making it up, so be it. I'm not one to say one way or the other if she was lying. I'm just sharing what she shared with me.

I have a tendency to be too nice and naive and believe most (if not everything) people tell me. I'm not gullible, but, I would like to believe that what people tell me is the truth, for I do the same when I talk to others. My husband does think I'm too nice and too trusting at times, and perhaps I am. Oh, well. I like being a trusting person and like to think that other people in this world are nice, truthful, and trusting, too.

Happy Friday!!!!! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I love how she posts that she "didn't know" when in her sig it says:

"2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Met face to face

09/07 ------- Got Married in the US, to a USC

09/07 ------- Had a conniption when we realized how much the whole process would cost"

So yeah, don't try to give us that BS line.

Edited by Malrothien

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.