Yep!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I knows :)

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Not me. I be LOVING the fries at Five guys.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It appears there is more than one beeotch here. <_<

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It appears there is more than one beeotch here. <_<

you rang??? :devil:

M4H...there is a bee hive of us! :dance::devil:

Ah yes, nothing like a hive of nasty beeotches. I feel so at home here. :wub:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
I could never have done it either. I had too many ties to Canada that I needed to tie off before I left - and the ones I didn't tie off, I brought with me. Showing up at the border with 6 cats, a bunch of houseplants with a truck load of belongings to follow would have definitely tipped them off :) . We did the K-1 visa and what was extra nice about that - expect for the wait - is that I did get to tie off loose ends at my own pace and make sure everything went smoothly. Hehe, I guess that is why they want proof of ties before they let you across for a visit - it is hard to tie up loose ends from outside of the country.

Speaking of house plants.... you can move those?? I thought you couldn't... I'm a bit sad now, because I left some behind with an old roommate, thinking I wouldn't be able to bring them with me. d'oh! lol

Sorry, AF, I just got back to this thread (geeze, what a long read!).

You can bring in houseplants from Canada if they have a Phytosanitary Certificate that is issued by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). Basically, someone comes and physically inspects the plants about a week before you leave to make sure they are disease and vermin free, prepares a certificate that lists the plants on it, you pay a minimal fee (I think it was something like $13), you then present the certificate at the border when you cross. It was another one of those documents that they never looked at when we pulled up - and yes, you could see the plants in the back of the van :) . CFIA said houseplants are virtually always approved for certificates unless they have been outside in which case they are very carefully inspected. I had one sanseveria that was originally started by my grandmother and then passed to my mother who then passed it to me. I didn't want to leave that one behind so got 6 plants in all approved. I actually planted the labrador violets outside and they have thrived here.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I would just like to mention that it's "Couldn't care less." If you could care less, it means you have more room for caring. Get it right, people!! :bonk:

/rant

Oooo - that is one of my pet peeves! I hate it when people say "I could care less" when they actually mean "I couldn't care less"! Thank you for bringing it up. :thumbs:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

Yep - that's a good one too! Or maybe that is an espresso to go?

Edited by Kathryn41

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.