sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Stepmoms HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

my stepdaughter wrote in her notebook that she does not like me because I disciplined her. Now her dad gave me the permission if she is out of line I can. She was doing good up until a couple of months ago. I saw this and I flipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry: I punished her by writing 200 lines and no tv for 1 week. I did not tell her dad cuz she is scared of what HE will do!!!!!!!! What should I do???? Was I wrong??????????

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning!

Yankee... so exciting about the dresses and the wedding! I cannot wait to have a St Lucia wedding!

Do you want an exciting wedding song, or like a love song?

Louis and I walked down the aisle together to Jack Johnson's "Angel".

i want an exciting upbeat song.....just casue thats the type od wedding party we have.....well me and my girls for sure anyways LOL.....and richard wants a kenny rogers song for our song but i am NOT a fan of kenny rogers at all and that is his ALL TIME FAVE person.....still not sure how i am getting out of that.....i am hoping when i go down in november we can reach a mutual agreement on that and come up with a song that is not kenny.....haha

Good Morning!

Yankee... so exciting about the dresses and the wedding! I cannot wait to have a St Lucia wedding!

walked down the aisle as in to get married or after the wedding and entering the reception???

What Kenny Roger's song?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone,

It's been a while but I couldn't connect to the internet from the house. Hope everyone is doing ok. The 2 girls came up in August, we get along good. few glitches along the way the main one being the grandmother not sending the youngest to school, she should have been going into the 4th grade but didn't pass the entrance exam so she was put back into the third grade. Third week of school we get a call from her teachers. She has a first grade reading level. Not for nothing but I'm not to impressed with the Jamaican school system right now.

It wasn't their fault she didn't go to school but even though her grades were horrible they were going to put her in the fourth grade in J.A. The oldest one isn't too bad but her grammer when she writes is horrible. I spend a lot if time correcting her work.

My son and the baby and mr jengs are fine.

Hang in there. Hopefully, with your help and some school sponsored tutoring, she will catch right up.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

my stepdaughter wrote in her notebook that she does not like me because I disciplined her. Now her dad gave me the permission if she is out of line I can. She was doing good up until a couple of months ago. I saw this and I flipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry: I punished her by writing 200 lines and no tv for 1 week. I did not tell her dad cuz she is scared of what HE will do!!!!!!!! What should I do???? Was I wrong??????????

I'm not sure I would've flipped about that, Luv. She's ticked at you and probably embarrassed cause she KNOWS she did wrong and deserves it. How old is she? My guess is just a phase. She doesn't really hate you. She would just find it easier if she could walk all over you! KIDS :blink:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning!

i want an exciting upbeat song.....just casue thats the type od wedding party we have.....well me and my girls for sure anyways LOL.....and richard wants a kenny rogers song for our song but i am NOT a fan of kenny rogers at all and that is his ALL TIME FAVE person.....still not sure how i am getting out of that.....i am hoping when i go down in november we can reach a mutual agreement on that and come up with a song that is not kenny.....haha

Good Morning!

walked down the aisle as in to get married or after the wedding and entering the reception???

What Kenny Roger's song?

he never decided on which one....just any one he wants.....ughhhh LOL

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not sure I would've flipped about that, Luv. She's ticked at you and probably embarrassed cause she KNOWS she did wrong and deserves it. How old is she? My guess is just a phase. She doesn't really hate you. She would just find it easier if she could walk all over you! KIDS :blink:

I guess I was shock when I saw it!!

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Good Morning!

Good Morning!

What Kenny Roger's song?

he never decided on which one....just any one he wants.....ughhhh LOL

"Through the Years" is a nice and fitting song.

"You Decorated My Life"

"All My Life"

"We've got Tonight"

There are some really pretty Kenny Rogers songs that are wedding appropriate.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

if I recall correctly, your stepdaughter is a teenager in high school, right? I think that is pretty normal behavior for a teenager. Why doesn't her dad do the disciplining? Maybe if the punishment comes from him, it is easier for her to accept. or maybe if you sat down and told her that her dads punishment would be much worse than yours...

Timeline

I guess I was shock when I saw it!!

It's a hard transition, girl. Don't worry yourself. You will figure it out along the way.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone,

It's been a while but I couldn't connect to the internet from the house. Hope everyone is doing ok. The 2 girls came up in August, we get along good. few glitches along the way the main one being the grandmother not sending the youngest to school, she should have been going into the 4th grade but didn't pass the entrance exam so she was put back into the third grade. Third week of school we get a call from her teachers. She has a first grade reading level. Not for nothing but I'm not to impressed with the Jamaican school system right now.

It wasn't their fault she didn't go to school but even though her grades were horrible they were going to put her in the fourth grade in J.A. The oldest one isn't too bad but her grammer when she writes is horrible. I spend a lot if time correcting her work.

nice to hear jengs! i'm kind of worried about how my stepdaughter will fare in school once she gets here. I'm almost certain she is behind where she needs to be. Do they have a after school tutoring program where you are?

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone,

nice to hear jengs! i'm kind of worried about how my stepdaughter will fare in school once she gets here. I'm almost certain she is behind where she needs to be. Do they have a after school tutoring program where you are?

Title One. That was what I was trying to think of. Do you have Title One there?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning!

Good Morning!

What Kenny Roger's song?

Mawnin Yardies..

I love Kenny Rogers song "Lady"

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone,

Hang in there. Hopefully, with your help and some school sponsored tutoring, she will catch right up.

Hey Jengles. Missed you around here. I agress with JG. The tutoring helps a lot if you find a good tutor. Some will come to the house as well. It really helped my friends kids.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone,

we have a tutoring program...i don't know the name tho

Timeline
Good Morning Everyone,

we have a tutoring program...i don't know the name tho

For our school, Title I was this during and after school free tutoring program sponsored by the state or something like that. It was pretty much mandetory for all kids through like 2nd grade and then voluntery for those who needed it after. Something about city schools and all that. We were Catholic school but got it through the city public schools. It helped a lot of kids catch and keep up.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.