sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
she emailed me back, very respectful. She doesn't want to meet me, wish is fine, and she said she is not against sending the baby to spend a month or two with us. So we will see!

I am glad I contacted her myself. She did make it a point to refer to to me as Mrs. M...

Is that bad

finesse wey u a go

Its not bad, its just funny that she felt the need to keep saying Mrs M over and over again!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
she emailed me back, very respectful. She doesn't want to meet me, wish is fine, and she said she is not against sending the baby to spend a month or two with us. So we will see!

I am glad I contacted her myself. She did make it a point to refer to to me as Mrs. M...

Is that bad

finesse wey u a go

Its not bad, its just funny that she felt the need to keep saying Mrs M over and over again!

she proper

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is that bad

finesse wey u a go

she proper

She's jealous.

MEK SPACE FI MI INNA DI BAHAMA JG

You are so little I think I can get you in this bag I have sitting here behind my desk!

Well, ladies....time for me to go. Gotta pick up my mom in a few and take her home. Then, off to do a little fishing before it gets dark and then have dinner cooked for me (not fish....the kind we are catching are not edible.)

See you all tomorrow. Have a good night.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What part of the Bahamas?

I want to go home too - Is it a freakin full moon?

I don't know. Heading down to the lake over the weekend and may stop in to chat about it. She said they are buying property and I can stay whenever I want. I'm already looking at plane tickets and wondering when I can get another passport.

Sus, I put all my stuff in this bag and have been parading around the office like some purse fashion model, making everyone jealous. Ooooohs and aaaaaaahs all the way around. Good thing the guys are all in meetings today.

is yours expired?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Just got back from the biometrics appt w/hubby. We got there about 20 minutes early & they took him right away. We weren't even in there 10 minutes...I'd barely completed the questionnaire when they were calling him up. Now to wait for the next step! :dance:

Got my laptop last night so I have access at home again....that means I can keep more caught up on weekends now! YAY!

JG, I didn't know you have kids. Do you ever talk about them??

This whole convo on breeding has got me thinking I need to call to get my bc prescription cause hubby is READY! :lol: For the last 3 years I've been saying, no...we have to wait until you are here b4 we start...well...that's coming soon...and I have to come up w/ the next excuse...wait til he gets a job... :thumbs: We'll see how long this can last... :whistle: I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I just don't have an overwhelming desire to be pregnant. I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to have my own biological child and give my husband at least one, but I just don't want to have to go through the whole pregnancy process! It just does not look all that appealing and great to me! When I think about what is really going on inside my body :wacko: ... Let alone, the whole disgustingness (is that a word?) of childbirth! ICK! so, if anyone has any suggestions, lemme know...don't know what the mister's gonna say tho! :unsure:

I am with you 10000000% on that one! I'm saying we need to move into a house first, and my lease doesn't expire until Sept of next year.

My main reason is that I want to travel a bit before having kids. I'm 27 & I think 30 is a good age to start with the children; by then, we'll have experienced more of the world together and will have more $$ saved.

I'm with you Mrs. P on not feeling the strong desire but I want to in a couple years for hubby. Frankly though, if it wasn't for him wanting a child, I'd be good never having any. People tend to tell me for whatever reason that they think I'll be a good mom but I don't have the strong maternal desire. Too many other amazing things to do in this world. I hope we get a chance to travel a bit before we have a child but not sure things will go that way. Just have to wait & see what happens. I'd wait even longer if I wasn't pushing 40 pretty soon. If I was his age or just a bit older, I'd wait at least 5 years. Ah so ie go! Nothing to feel bad about. :thumbs:

Timeline

I couldn't imagine not wanting or having a child, I know being a parent isn't for everyone. But it is the most rewarding thing in the world. Just my opinion. I never thought that I could love someone so much in my life until she came a long. I think she really tought me how to love completely...before that I thought I knew but I didn't. Honestly I would have to say it has helped me with the love I have for my Husband too. As well has helped me be more understanding and sympathetic towards others. Children are such a blessing.

Wow I just made myself sound like I was an evil noncaring, closed hearted person in the world before I had a child. Well I kind of was. LOL!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I think I understand completely what you mean Dillon. And no, you don't sound like you were evil & uncaring prior to motherhood....just like the rest of us child-free people, a little more self-centered or self-involved. Parenthood is one of the most selfless things a person can do so I get it. I just also understand the other side of that & get what people mean (since I'm one of them) when they say they'd be okay not having kids.

Timeline

:D (((((ELLS))))) :D

Congrats on the new laptop, I know you are STOKED!! :yes:

I LOVE my laptop!! Can't remember what life was like tied to a desk at home :no:

Dillon I am with you on the baby thing, but it's not for everyone.

My sister has 2 kids she never raised.

Some women have no maternal instinct at all, different strokes for different folks.

I did a glucose screen on Monday and my sugar levels are elevated :(

I have to go back for a 3 hour test tomorrow \o/

There is Nat's reason #569008 not to have children :(

Lord, if it's not one thing, it's another I tell you....

Timeline
I couldn't imagine not wanting or having a child, I know being a parent isn't for everyone. But it is the most rewarding thing in the world. Just my opinion. I never thought that I could love someone so much in my life until she came a long. I think she really tought me how to love completely...before that I thought I knew but I didn't. Honestly I would have to say it has helped me with the love I have for my Husband too. As well has helped me be more understanding and sympathetic towards others. Children are such a blessing.

Wow I just made myself sound like I was an evil noncaring, closed hearted person in the world before I had a child. Well I kind of was. LOL!

I agree with you Dillon. Once you have children all of your views and what you think is important changes. Parenting is the hardest job in the world but it has the best pay you can ever get. I loved being pregnant - feeling that lil baby moving around inside and watching your body change all the while thinking wow, what a miracle I have created. And then snuggling up with them when they are babies and that baby smell, and their lil toothless smile cuz they know you are their mom..... :luv:

wheww.. good thing my tubes are tied, I almost talked myself into another. :unsure:

I think I understand completely what you mean Dillon. And no, you don't sound like you were evil & uncaring prior to motherhood....just like the rest of us child-free people, a little more self-centered or self-involved. Parenthood is one of the most selfless things a person can do so I get it. I just also understand the other side of that & get what people mean (since I'm one of them) when they say they'd be okay not having kids.

But would you still feel ok say 10 or 20 years down the line when you don't have any.....

I did a glucose screen on Monday and my sugar levels are elevated :(

I remember having to drink that orange juice for that test....hope everything is ok Princess.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
You don't read enough. I talk about them. Last time might have been when Patrick Swayze died. I named them after characters in his movies.

Oh yeah. I do remember you saying that.

Wow! One of the first posts I've seen extolling the virtues of having children! I'm especially glad to hear you feeling positively about children after having some trying times with your angel.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello yardies..

hope all is well with you guys.. i have been busy like CRAZY..

PRAISE REPORT!!!!

Roger's daughter's bday is coming up and we wanted to get her something really nice for her 1st bday. Roger asked a few friends for some favors, no go, everybody broke.. i asked baby daddy to help w/ some of the money i needed for kids continuous fees so i could free up some of my money.. hmph.. he took them to the fair this weekend, so he couldn't manage nothing else..

we didn't stress about it.. i sent my prayer up and just HOPED that God would make a way...

WELLLLLLLLLLL.. both of us got approved for a study this week !! $75 each!!! GOD IS ALWAYS on time cuz we have BOTH gotten turned down for surveys recently.. but just when we needed it, it CAME THROUGH!

i LOVE JESUS.. he is the BEST thing that ever happened to me!!!

[07/15/07 Met RG on vacation in Jamaica

07/27/09 He proposes on one of his visits here

08/07/09 We are married!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/03/09 Completed medical.. all clear!!

09/21/09 Sent off I130, I485, I131, I765.. YAYYYYYY[/color]

09/23/09 package received

09/28/2009 all 4 NOA's printed (received on OCT 1ST)

09/30/09 checks cashed!

10/05/09 receive biometrics appt for 10/28/2009

10/13/09 walk in biometrics.. !

10/26/2009 receive interview letter for NOV 30th 11:30!!!! PRAISE GOD!

11/06/2009 receive advance parole papers.. no email, no updates beforehand..

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

11/19/2009 receive another email stating "card production ordered"

11/23/2009 receive EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/2009 bittersweet interview, but WE ARE APPROVED

12/02/09 social security card in mail

12/04/09 receive "welcome" letter in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MRS P- reply on breeding

I know what you mean girl...

My hubby just came from JA 2 months ago and all he do is :ph34r: sneaking around and wanting a sexy party (or a finesse party) daily. In the kitchen in the living room. :blink: Im tired, but he want to breed me so ima stop taking my bc next year cuz he dont know im still on it. :rofl:

SHHHHHH! VJ Im ready but I want to make sure I dont have any more vacays in the near future because I would hate to say I cant go on the cruise due to a big belly. :luv:

JQ--mi neva kno how yuh manage on bc w/o him knowing. :blink: He knows that right now I haven't been on the pill for some time for health reasons, but he also knows that I want to go back on them at some point (if I am cleared to by the dr). He knows what medicines I take and for what. Always been like that. Since I've known him we've gone back & forth about the bc issue, and especially after we got married, but in the end he always just drops it cause he realizes that the debate is really just going to go in circles. For as much as he wants to have a baby, he also knows that it might come easier for him if he doesn't push. We both have goals laid out for ourselves for the next year or so, so hopefully we'lll be able to stick to the plan. Don't get me wrong. I don't have any kids yet (besides Kingston :P ), and I can't wait to be a parent---and I know he will be a great daddy! I recognize the awesome responsibility that comes with raising a healthy, stable, God-loving, well-adjusted, happy, beautiful child, & I'm definitely up for the task and the challenge...I'm just not looking forward to stretchy skin and even worse mood swings than what I have now! :angry: (and neither is hubby for that matter! we often joke about where he is gonna live once i get pregnant, cause i can only imagine the swings due to the hormone changes!) I apologize to him NOW on occasion for what is to come! :lol: I want to keep my sexy body! Selfish-yes. But true! Ahhhhh.....

Edited by Mrs. Palmer

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello yardies..

hope all is well with you guys.. i have been busy like CRAZY..

PRAISE REPORT!!!!

Roger's daughter's bday is coming up and we wanted to get her something really nice for her 1st bday. Roger asked a few friends for some favors, no go, everybody broke.. i asked baby daddy to help w/ some of the money i needed for kids continuous fees so i could free up some of my money.. hmph.. he took them to the fair this weekend, so he couldn't manage nothing else..

we didn't stress about it.. i sent my prayer up and just HOPED that God would make a way...

WELLLLLLLLLLL.. both of us got approved for a study this week !! $75 each!!! GOD IS ALWAYS on time cuz we have BOTH gotten turned down for surveys recently.. but just when we needed it, it CAME THROUGH!

i LOVE JESUS.. he is the BEST thing that ever happened to me!!!

In HIS time Q...it always happens in HIS time! I'm so happy for the both of you! Keep giving him his due praise girl! :thumbs:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.