sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
afternoon ya'll :)

Good News, the doc says I can still travel!! :thumbs:

I am to take it easy when I am there, but he thinks it will be okay.

The placenta looks fine in the ultrasound so he thinks it was just a blood vessel in the cervix.

I got the afternoon off and am going to go nap. Thanks for all the messages and well wishes :luv:

Just, congrats on your big day (L)

May the two of you have many, many happy years to come! :wub:

Thank God JaP you scared us! (F) I have you in prayer sis... You're gonna get through this!

What is Yoville?

Damn, this place is boring! went to get my pearly whites cleaned this morning and came back and caught up on the whole day in 5 seconds. Didn't anyone have a sexy weekend?

We went to visit my parents/brother in New Orleans. My mother had us sleep in different rooms (one upstairs, one downstairs). LOL Neither of us could even sneak to the other room, cause the stairs CREAK when you walk down them. I'm not gonna even get started on how different my brother & his fiance were treated when they practically LIVED at my parents house.

Other than that, the visit was good. We went to a Blues & BBQ festival then to the French Quarter on Saturday. Also, this was the first time Steven & my brother met. I was curious to see how that would go, but no drama at all.

Thats good Nat whew, glad things worked out well.. Sorry you had to sleep in seperate rooms... ouch

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

dillon,

I noticed on your signature that you walked in for the DS230 appointment, a couple of weeks before it was scheduled.

How does that work?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
mstee I feel like an old lady always telling them to turn their DS games down. They have the most annoying sound effects in the world.

Glad to hear that you are doing okay JAP!!!!! Glad to hear that you can still go on your trip but yes relax and take it easy.

Our AOS case was transferred to California so hopefully that means no interview for us. :dance:

Ooooh I hope so! Im am going nuts in this dayum house!!!! Having the flu is no joke but Im fidgety because Im so used to being at school and work Im going nuts! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The placenta looks fine in the ultrasound so he thinks it was just a blood vessel in the cervix.

I got the afternoon off and am going to go nap. Thanks for all the messages and well wishes :luv:

great news jaP....i was worried bout yuh...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope you rested and took care of yourself while waiting for that news!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
dillon,

I noticed on your signature that you walked in for the DS230 appointment, a couple of weeks before it was scheduled.

How does that work?

Once we got the biometrics appointment letter we just decided to walk in one morning and see if they would take us. The lady did say that in St Louis you could go in any Wednesday after your date had passed and she didn't care and that she would take us early. It takes about 10 minutes is all. I know that Quana's husband did it early as well. They told him he had to come back at 3 but we didn't have to come back they let us do it that morning. The worst thing they can tell you is no Nat.

Hi Ells..I see you down there how is AOS going for you guys?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

I have quite a taste range as well. Its blows my mind to think Louis doesnt know who the Grateful Dead is or Pink Floyd or anything like that. WHOA!!!

You should have heard me try to explain what a hippie is!!! hahaha

LOL! I'm STILL trying to properly define both 'hippie' & 'redneck'! On our way home from my parents' last night, we decided to give the CDs a break & listen to radio. Since we were in the right area, we got pure 'white people music' (as hubby calls it) & he got to hear hits such as 'Wake up Maggie', 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Unforgiven' & all sorts of variety. I laughed so hard & the look on his face half the time....especially as I played steering wheel air guitar to 'stairway'. :lol:

imagine dropping your child off at school and he/she vanishes

this makes me want to cry

i hate human beings sometimes

That's heartbreaking........ (F)

midday news reported she was found alive and well

yay!

Thank God!

Yipee_logo.jpg

This was in my email this morning.....

Congrats JQ! :thumbs:

Just got home from school.....and need to ask for a few prayers for my hubby's mother.... Looks as though she had a stroke. He got a call this morning saying that she was in the hospital so he got his things together and took the journey from Hopewell back home to Port Antonio. We don't know much more of the details as when he arrived at the hospital there were no doctors on duty.... She seems to have some paralysis but is alert and attempting to speak. I don't know how medical situations such as this are handled there in JA long term so if anyone has any knowledge...please share.

I'm so sorry for hubby's Mom! Prayers for her that the meds are able to keep her situation stable. (L)(F)

good morning yankeesgirl how are the babies

Hi good morning VJ fam. I need u right now. Youve always been there for me, I have some huge decisions to make ...again....please keep me and my family in your prayers. My mom has canger again. Lung Cancer. Non Small Cell Metastatic Adenocarcinoma. Not cureable and cant operate on the tumor. What do i do? Do i move home? She may not have but a few years left(thats Gods decision ) noone can tell u when u will no longer be on earth. I just moved from NJ to TX. Do i go back, will they even let me come back lol this places me closer to home 2.5 hours and my mom would not have to deal with the stress of selling her home in MD and moving to TX while she is sick. My dad has early onset alzheimers too so i have alot on my plate to think about as well as my lil sweet Sanaa and my husband. What do i do? All i know is i want to see her everyday,who knows when its the last. Especially, my wish is for her to spend as much time with her only grandchild who is just turning 1. I am TORN. I am praying that God tells me what direction to take. :crying:

More bad news! Prayers for your Mom too! I'm praying for a miracle & that you find the answers you seek ASAP. (F)(L)

Timeline
yankee/sheka what was that first moment they met like?

i can't imagine you guys not tearing up

my hubby walked up to me at the airport and took the baby from me i was like HELLO?? :blink: ..then he was holding back tears and gave me a kiss and just sat in the car with his eyes on him from montego bay to ocho rios :crying: playing with his fingers and talking to him telling him how much trouble he caused me (health issues) and how cute he was and how daddy loves him and he's going to be here as soon as he can and just :crying: the baby would wake up and my hubby would race me to make his bottle :rofl: until this day he still talk about that day he first saw "fat" :yes: I cried when i saw how my hubby was BAWLIN :crying:

Awww! :luv:

yankee/sheka what was that first moment they met like?

i can't imagine you guys not tearing up

bunz we were all crying.....my mom and dad and me were balling.....patrick and leighana both went right too him and wanted nothing to do with me for most of the week.....richard used to call daily and talk to them while they were in the belly (yes the phone was attached to my stomach quite often!) and towards the end of my pregnancy they would start kicking and flipping when he would be talking to them.....to this day he talks to them morning noon and night everyday.....thee babies have known who he is from day 1 and it quite amazing to see how they have reacted to him.....it was crazy when they were in my belly feeling them when he was talking to them but then to see them respond to him after birth.....amazing.....ok now i am tearing up.....i will just be happy when we dont have to do this anymore but this is what we have to do to make it work and so far we are pulling through.....we dont go to jamaica as often as i would like but they have been down to see him 6 or 7 times so far in their 15 months of age......

Cara ((((HUGS)))) (F) i know exactly how you feel.... fat turns 3 in December I can't wait for the day we don't have to do this phone thing and this quick visit anymore he's been there about the same time as your babies...hang in there i'm right here with you i can't imagine going through all this with 2 babies (F)(L)(L)

Wow...you guys are making me cry. I am so lucky my husband came in time for the birth...I see that now.

But even a tiny baby knows who his/her daddy is. My husband was gone for two weeks. My baby, who is just nine months old, statrted acting a little fussy right after he left. When we finally joined him in Jamaica (for his mom's funeral) my son LOST HIS MIND when he saw his daddy. The poor baby didn't know if he would ever see him again. He was so happy he screamed and laughed...and in the cab on the way to the house my baby laid in his daddy's arms and stared into his face for 45 minutes straight...pure love

All these stories are so sweet!

we are getting married today; i can't believe it

i can't sleep

stay blessed

Congrats Just!

I'm so happy for you Princess! :dance:

We went to visit my parents/brother in New Orleans. My mother had us sleep in different rooms (one upstairs, one downstairs). LOL Neither of us could even sneak to the other room, cause the stairs CREAK when you walk down them. I'm not gonna even get started on how different my brother & his fiance were treated when they practically LIVED at my parents house.

Other than that, the visit was good. We went to a Blues & BBQ festival then to the French Quarter on Saturday. Also, this was the first time Steven & my brother met. I was curious to see how that would go, but no drama at all.

Glad the visit went well except for the sleeping arrangements.

mstee I feel like an old lady always telling them to turn their DS games down. They have the most annoying sound effects in the world.

Glad to hear that you are doing okay JAP!!!!! Glad to hear that you can still go on your trip but yes relax and take it easy.

Our AOS case was transferred to California so hopefully that means no interview for us. :dance:

Congrats Dillon! :dance::dance: That's so great! Lehi's biometrics appt is Wednesday (didn't have the time to help him go in sooner so we'll just do it on the designated day) & I hope we get that CA transfer!

Timeline

Hello Yardies, Hope everyone is doing well I have to try to catch up in the next few days. :reading:

I have finally finished moving and I am so tired and sore I feel like somebody beat me up. My belly is blowing up like a balloon and I can feel baby kicking. :dance:

We are FINALLY starting the AOS journey, now that I have a permanent address. I will problably be asking a lot of questions because it seems kind of complicated. :help:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh I didnt know...well let me see some stuff

i want to see too sus!!!

hello ladies!!!! hope everyone had a good monday!!!!

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline

hey yardies i had to share this with yall this lil girl is sooo funny i was dying laughing 1 in the morning....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey yardies i had to share this with yall this lil girl is sooo funny i was dying laughing 1 in the morning....

Hahahaha! Newly, I loved it! THAT was one of the best! I needed that laff

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Timeline
ok when you see people who got approved after you mailing off their packages before you, and it's making you angry at everything, that's who you know you need to take a break :help:

this process is bringing out my inner bytch right about now

i need a break, i am sick of thinking, i am so sick of this

i kid you not when i say i feel EXACTLY like my avatar

be back next week or whenever i hear something from nvc that leads me to ask a question, whichever is sooner

Hang in there Bunz....sorry this process is draining on you. (F)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, after 2 months of studying my butt off, having someone quiz me almost every other day, taking the various online pre-tests, and 15 hours of classes this weekend...............

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 98%. Missed just one.

I can now go buy any hunter licenses I wish and any hunting firearm. I went yesterday and bought bibs, a coat, boots, orange vest and orange hat. I am stylin the camo! And if it doesn't work out, I can get a part-time job as a school crossing guard

Thanks goodness for friends - Congrats on passing your exam JG!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Timeline
Got this in an email and thought I would share:

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore".

No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say "I love you."

So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage ..... And old cars .. And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents.

We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it..

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special.. And so, we keep them close!

Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?

I was thinking...I could die today, tomorrow or next week, and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that needed rekindling or three words needing to be said.

Let every one of your friends know you love them. Even if you think they don't love you back, you would be amazed at what those three little words

and a smile can do. And just in case I'm gone tomorrow.

I LOVE YA!!!

Thanks for this....

Glad to hear Japrincess...rest and relax.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.