• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanksgiving could not have been better. Went to my parent's and found out I AM smarter then a 5th grader. Then lent moral support to my friend who, after a huge disagreement, had not spoken to his father in 5 years. It was good for me too cause I hadn't seen most of his family in about 23 years. They said I looked the same. Gotta love that.

Friday did a little Black Friday shopping and took my daughter to see some local bands in concert.

Yesterday I got 3 new windows put in my house and canned 48 jars of jalapeno jelly.

Today, I worked the Ram's game and froze my butt off. Thawing out at the firehouse right now while they are out tending to a hotel fire.

Sigh, it's almost monday yet again. Time moves way too fast.

Dada Im out of time for the rest of the year so I wont be able to but we will make the best of it. I also wanted to go and see Precious but Garfield say to wait until he gets here and we will go together.

Going to JA sucked you dry ey??? Well I think its better to have no time and come home every day to him here then to goto JA and use all your darn time eve though the trips are exciting…

Aww he said wait for him…. Aww dats so cute….lol

Tell him our movies don't have intermissions like there's so make sure he goes to the bathroom before the movie.. LOL

LOL..I took my daughters to the movies in JA but I did not tell them about the intermissions. When the movies stop they were mad a hell. I laugh so hard.

Going home to him everyday is better than me not having the time off. JA and Guyana eat up my time

Ooh you been to Guyana? Are you from there or just like to visit?

Girl the first time I went I was mad. First of all it took forever for the move to start. We had to see the previews and music videos and then we had to stand for the Jamaican anthem. Then the Jamaicans talk and bumba and blood claut threw the movie and then there was intermission. I was floored but I must say I loved the experience but I still laugh when I think about it.

Ha ha......I remember all of that. Plus, the pushing and shoving to the front of the line just to buy the tickets.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Evening Char & *JG*....

*JG* sounds like you had a full weekend

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all,

I wanted to put the uncut version of my review in the thread. My honey was acting like he had no fear the entire time, but after our 1st visit to the window his courage was slowly slipping away.

Arrival

We arrived to the Embassy around 8:15 am for our 8:30 appointment. We approached a long line at the front of the embassy and was greeted by a consulate officer. She checked our paperwork and highlighted the areas where corrections needed to be made. She then asked us to go to the front of the line and show the security officer our paperwork. We then entered the building and had to go through the medal detectors. They do not allow cell phones, so the only items we had with us were keys and paperwork. I would also suggest that you bring a pen because we had to borrow one on several occassions.

Entering the Main Building

After we made it through the medal detectors we had to stand in line for the main entrance. There were applicants for visitor and other types of visas sitting on both sides. They were allowing about 5 people into the building at a time. We had to step out of the line to make the corrections to our paperwork, however, we were allowed to get back in place after this was complete. After we entered the building, we stood in a line to give the consulate officers our DS forms and in return we received a number. We were then asked to enter the building and sit on the right side.

Part 1

After about 20 minutes our number appeared and we approached the window (At the window he was rubbing my rass so much that I though his hand was going to catch on fire) . We were asked for his birth certificate, non-impediment, police certificate, and his paasport. The Jamaican officer was very rude and it was very difficult to understand what she was saying. She was asking for my 2008 paperwork, but I wasn't sure exactly what she wanted. I had bank statements, employment letter, etc. so I wasn't quite sure what she wanted. She got so frustrated that we didn't understand her that she made us stand to the side for over 10 minutes while she helped someone else. As we were standing to the side, my fiance eventually translated what she was asking for. We stood patiently (as he rubbed my rass) and she eventually called us back to the window. I then provided her with the I-134 form, employment letter and 2008 W-2s and tax returns. She then asked us to go to Window 17 for fingerprinting.

Part 2

After fingerprinting, we returned back to the right side to wait to be called back for the interview. During our wait, we saw over 5 people receive blue slips. (As he got more and more nervous, he asked me which finger I liked the least because he needed something to bite down on) :blink: We could not totally understand everything, but most of the blue slips were for family-related visas and they seeemed to be due to a lack of paperwork. (As he got even more nervous he started to lean his head on my shoulder and bite my shoulder. At this point, I'm realizing that he is terrified) :blink: After our friends, Eric and Jew made it through their interview with an approval, we felt a little more optimistic. We were eventually called to the window by the blonde officer. (he continued to rub my rass feverishly during the interview) She looked through our paperwork and asked the following questions:

1.) When did we meet?

2.) How did we meet?

3.) How many times had I visited?

4.) When did I know I wanted to marry him?

5.) Have I met his family?

6.) Has he met my family?

7.) What was my occupation?

She never divided us up and all of the questions were asked as we both stood at the window. She then looked through our pictures that were provided in original application and asked if they were all from the same visit. We told her no and indicated that they were from my visits in June and August. She then handed my pictures to me because she said that we may not see them again. She then told us that he was approved and told us to go to the DHL window. She also told us that we had 90 days to get married upon his arrival to the US. We thanked her and he went to the DHL counter to setup shipping arrangements.

Hi Lady C,

I hope you had a great wknd. Your man soon come right?? When is the big day?

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline
Hello all,

I wanted to put the uncut version of my review in the thread. My honey was acting like he had no fear the entire time, but after our 1st visit to the window his courage was slowly slipping away.

Arrival

We arrived to the Embassy around 8:15 am for our 8:30 appointment. We approached a long line at the front of the embassy and was greeted by a consulate officer. She checked our paperwork and highlighted the areas where corrections needed to be made. She then asked us to go to the front of the line and show the security officer our paperwork. We then entered the building and had to go through the medal detectors. They do not allow cell phones, so the only items we had with us were keys and paperwork. I would also suggest that you bring a pen because we had to borrow one on several occassions.

After we made it through the medal detectors we had to stand in line for the main entrance. There were applicants for visitor and other types of visas sitting on both sides. They were allowing about 5 people into the building at a time. We had to step out of the line to make the corrections to our paperwork, however, we were allowed to get back in place after this was complete. After we entered the building, we stood in a line to give the consulate officers our DS forms and in return we received a number. We were then asked to enter the building and sit on the right side.

Part 1

After about 20 minutes our number appeared and we approached the window (At the window he was rubbing my rass so much that I though his hand was going to catch on fire) . We were asked for his birth certificate, non-impediment, police certificate, and his paasport. The Jamaican officer was very rude and it was very difficult to understand what she was saying. She was asking for my 2008 paperwork, but I wasn't sure exactly what she wanted. I had bank statements, employment letter, etc. so I wasn't quite sure what she wanted. She got so frustrated that we didn't understand her that she made us stand to the side for over 10 minutes while she helped someone else. As we were standing to the side, my fiance eventually translated what she was asking for. We stood patiently (as he rubbed my rass) and she eventually called us back to the window. I then provided her with the I-134 form, employment letter and 2008 W-2s and tax returns. She then asked us to go to Window 17 for fingerprinting.

Part 2

After fingerprinting, we returned back to the right side to wait to be called back for the interview. During our wait, we saw over 5 people receive blue slips. (As he got more and more nervous, he asked me which finger I liked the least because he needed something to bite down on) :blink: We could not totally understand everything, but most of the blue slips were for family-related visas and they seeemed to be due to a lack of paperwork. (As he got even more nervous he started to lean his head on my shoulder and bite my shoulder. At this point, I'm realizing that he is terrified) :blink: After our friends, Eric and Jew made it through their interview with an approval, we felt a little more optimistic. We were eventually called to the window by the blonde officer. (he continued to rub my rass feverishly during the interview) She looked through our paperwork and asked the following questions:

1.) When did we meet?

2.) How did we meet?

She never divided us up and all of the questions were asked as we both stood at the window. She then looked through our pictures that were provided in original application and asked if they were all from the same visit. We told her no and indicated that they were from my visits in June and August. She then handed my pictures to me because she said that we may not see them again. She then told us that he was approved and told us to go to the DHL window. She also told us that we had 90 days to get married upon his arrival to the US. We thanked her and he went to the DHL counter to setup shipping arrangements.

Hi Lady C,

I hope you had a great wknd. Your man soon come right?? When is the big day?

Congrats Again Char.... :thumbs:

My weekend was relaxing and my baby will be here on Friday :dance:

oMQjm5.png

AOS

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

Timeline
Hello all,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Were you in any pain afterward from all the rubbing and biting? :lol:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello all,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Were you in any pain afterward from all the rubbing and biting? :lol:

I'm just now recovering :rofl: I told him he should have shown me this side prior to the interview.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

charandivan congrats!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

mamajaw congrats!

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Congrats Jo and Danny

All the best Lady C with the arrival of your love on Fri.

Shem congrats on another milestone :)!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hello all,

Arrival

Part 1

Part 2

1.) When did we meet?

2.) How did we meet?

Nice story! Good thing he got approved or he would have set the embassy on fire from rubbing on your "rass" so much! LMAO

Timeline

Good Morning Yardies...

Today is My2's big day. Good Luck & Positive Vibes going her way.

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

Question?????

Is there any documents that Garfield should get when he is at POE? Do they give him copies of his Medical? Vaccination Records & X-Rays?

Thanks Yardies :dance:

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question?????

Is there any documents that Garfield should get when he is at POE? Do they give him copies of his Medical? Vaccination Records & X-Rays?

Thanks Yardies :dance:

He gets to keep the x-ray. That's it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.