sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Man KH, I am so sorry, your family is in my thoughts and prayer.

As far as moving home, that's a decision you and hubby have to make.

What does the job prospect look like for him and yourself?

Im sure he can xfer with his job and they may also pay more. ME i cant find anything in my field in MD right now i looked He wants to stay here.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawin Ladies;

Mrs. H; mi sen u a message on the otherside...

K; have a safe trip

ok ima go check...thank u all for ur prayers! im praying for a miracle! my mom is very strong! and get this....she has none of the darn symptoms of this disease she feels fine..initially she went to have this checked out because of pain in her ribs and her arm. They drained the fluid off the tumor and she feels better since that but there was no serious pain.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ladies wish i could stay and chat more but off to work i must go... hope everyone has a good day

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, I am trying to piecie together a flight to Jamaica the least expenive way I can.

I can use my miles and get a flight from Raleigh to Fort Lauderdale then book a flight on Air Jamaica from Florida.

The only issue is the only flight available on air jamaica on the date I want is at 7:30am. the latest flight I can take out of Raleigh leave at 7:45pm gets to ATL the from ATL to FLL, I will get into FLL at 12:25am; do you book a hotel or what do I do until I need to check in a 5:30am... Will I be too exhausted to be of any use. The airjamaica flight will be like $331.00,

The hotel cost around $65, plus transport to and from hotel....

If I book a flight directly from here to Jamaica its $550, with a 5 hour layover in Miami

I want to go to my uncle's funeral, and we are in the process of putting down payments on the wedding and our new place... so cash flow is really tight...

I called my aunt to tell her if I am able to fine my fare I will not have any extra to help her with anything cause we just don't have it, she said not to worry myself to just fine my airfare...

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

Oh, the good news is, Now I can take the documents to the embassy myself for my stepdaughter's interview.. So we can but that $50 bucks towards my flight.

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

Filed: Timeline

Portland; when my aunt died back in 2002 I did what I had to do, which meant flying from DC to NY, NY to NC, NC to FL ...then FL to Jamaica...I got to Jamaica at 11:30pm I started out at 5:30 in the morning. I don't even remember reaching Trelawny to tell you the trught. I had combinations of vouchers and miles. I was so damn tired. You;ll be okay. I've actually slept in many airports...

Timeline
Portland; when my aunt died back in 2002 I did what I had to do, which meant flying from DC to NY, NY to NC, NC to FL ...then FL to Jamaica...I got to Jamaica at 11:30pm I started out at 5:30 in the morning. I don't even remember reaching Trelawny to tell you the trught. I had combinations of vouchers and miles. I was so damn tired. You;ll be okay. I've actually slept in many airports...

Thanks Lawny, its only a couple hours of inconvenient

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all! I stayed home sick from work today - just woke up!

Just got home from school.....and need to ask for a few prayers for my hubby's mother.... Looks as though she had a stroke. He got a call this morning saying that she was in the hospital so he got his things together and took the journey from Hopewell back home to Port Antonio. We don't know much more of the details as when he arrived at the hospital there were no doctors on duty.... She seems to have some paralysis but is alert and attempting to speak. I don't know how medical situations such as this are handled there in JA long term so if anyone has any knowledge...please share.

So sorry to hear, medical care in JA is a very scary thing to me - I will be praying that things are okay for her -

Hi good morning VJ fam. I need u right now. Youve always been there for me, I have some huge decisions to make ...again....please keep me and my family in your prayers. My mom has canger again. Lung Cancer. Non Small Cell Metastatic Adenocarcinoma. Not cureable and cant operate on the tumor. What do i do? Do i move home? She may not have but a few years left(thats Gods decision ) noone can tell u when u will no longer be on earth. I just moved from NJ to TX. Do i go back, will they even let me come back lol this places me closer to home 2.5 hours and my mom would not have to deal with the stress of selling her home in MD and moving to TX while she is sick. My dad has early onset alzheimers too so i have alot on my plate to think about as well as my lil sweet Sanaa and my husband. What do i do? All i know is i want to see her everyday,who knows when its the last. Especially, my wish is for her to spend as much time with her only grandchild who is just turning 1. I am TORN. I am praying that God tells me what direction to take. :crying:

o sorry to hear, and I know what a difficult choice that is - When my Dad's cancer took a turn for the worse, I sold my condo and moved back in to help -= I wasn't switching jobs / states, etc.. - but it still was a hard choice to make, but I felt I needed to just so that my Mom had some help - my Dad and I had a rocky relationship, so my concern was more for my Mom - but doing what I did was the right thing, because my Dad and I rebuilt our relationship in that time. I think you have to make a decision as a family on what is best for you - Are you going to be able to sell your house, would you lose money, is there an option to rent it for a while? Maybe you can take Sanaa on a trip, see your Mom, and talk face to face about what is best? I didn't move when my Dad was first diagnosed, I waited until they obviously needed help = I know you feel like you want to jump and do something now, but you have to step back and really think about the best options for all of you.

Portland, did you check SPirit? I think they fly direct from FLL, or try Jet Blue - you might get a cheaper flight

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Lawny, its only a couple hours of inconvenient

you're very welcome and I know how you feel. I didn't have any $$$ to contribute to my aunts funeral, but girl, when they asked me to do the prayer not a dry eye was in the place man or woman...I know she was smiling that day and saying 'dis big mout pickney'...I think I prayed for more than 10 mins...I use to mock her cause she use to lead all the prayers when I was a little girl...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawin Ladies;

Mrs. H; mi sen u a message on the otherside...

K; have a safe trip

"the otherside" sounds so ominous, Tre. :devil: You duppy now?

Ok, I am trying to piecie together a flight to Jamaica the least expenive way I can.

I can use my miles and get a flight from Raleigh to Fort Lauderdale then book a flight on Air Jamaica from Florida.

The only issue is the only flight available on air jamaica on the date I want is at 7:30am. the latest flight I can take out of Raleigh leave at 7:45pm gets to ATL the from ATL to FLL, I will get into FLL at 12:25am; do you book a hotel or what do I do until I need to check in a 5:30am... Will I be too exhausted to be of any use. The airjamaica flight will be like $331.00,

The hotel cost around $65, plus transport to and from hotel....

If I book a flight directly from here to Jamaica its $550, with a 5 hour layover in Miami

I want to go to my uncle's funeral, and we are in the process of putting down payments on the wedding and our new place... so cash flow is really tight...

I called my aunt to tell her if I am able to fine my fare I will not have any extra to help her with anything cause we just don't have it, she said not to worry myself to just fine my airfare...

I would just take the straight flight if it were me. The cost of the AJ ticket, the hotel, the transportation, food/drink while you wait it out, etc. Plus the inconvenience. Not much of a difference in the straight flight with less hassles.

Sus, you okay?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.