sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What kind of excitement is going on this weekend? Anyone??????

I finally have a weekend where I don't HAVE to do anything....so i think i'll take advantage of it....maybe a movie, or might go play bingo...other than that just simple R&R

Mawnin Yardies! Happy freakin FRIDAY!!!!!!! :dance:

Why do people smoke cigarettes in cars with all the windows rolled up. I couldn't help but stare at this lady on my way to work. I would hate to ride in that car. Yuck! I wanted to blow my horn so bad and ask What the hell her problem was, but then I realized it's only a problem for me. :)

Me picturing you doing this made me laugh. I know that lady would have looked at you like :blink: what's her problem!!!

and some of those nasty phocks have kids in the car too...GROSS!!!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not much in the way of exciting weekend plans here. Tonight might twist up hubby's hair (since I don't think I'll ever learn to do cornrows) & maybe a sexy party. :whistle: Tomorrow not sure what's on the agenda either....probably cooking up some JA food for a potluck going-away party on Sunday for my drum teacher. Going to drum class in the late morning & then to the party after. He's going back to Africa & we aren't sure if it's for good this time. There's a strong possibility of that. :crying::crying:

Okay, yardies, how did you pick a major? Were any of you really lost/ uncertain/ bouncing around before you went for your secondary degree? I've gone to the websites, tried to take the 'what should you major in' quizzes (then they want you to register for the results & I close the page), & done a lot of web browsing but I'm not getting any good resources & really can't even figure out where to begin. I'm not even sure what I want to do as a career....I just know that it's NOT this! What I want to do is a dream job that every one else wants as a dream job....something that would involve travel & I have a big interest in photography but don't know if that's worth trying to find a major that would suit that. I'd love to have a job where I'm not sitting at a desk all day like I am now....but also something where I don't really have to deal heavily with a lot of people every day. I really have no place in customer service oriented jobs....I can do it but I'm not a people person that way. On a social level it's all good but when it comes to dealing with people lacking common sense, which I've encountered in most customer service type jobs, I have no patience. :bonk:

Ells, you remind me so much of myself :rofl:

I started off in nursing until I had to take the science courses and discovered I did horrible in science.

Once I learned a concept they were already on something else, so I was always one step behind other people.

So luckily, I hadn't started any of my nursing classes. I just took simple stuff, english, math etc...

I had to sit down and think, "hmmm what am I really good at?" It dawned on me how much I am around children. Thats when I decided to go the teaching route. Needless to say, I do very well in my education classes and english. Its all the other class that frustrate me.

I think you need to figure out what your reeeeeeeeally good at and persue that. It seems to me you know what your not really good at, So just try to flip it around and see what you come up with. If your better at math persay, look on line to see what professions that people who are good at math secure. Same thing if your good with English, etc. Im sure something will come to ya! I think photography is great... hurry so you can do my affair in Oct lol

That's exactly what we should do............everyone ex-change jobs for like a month. We can alleviate some boredom and still talk to each other on VJ.

Might actually make me appreciate mine a little more. Right now, I'm ALWAYS ready to go home.

Lawd JG I would love to job ex-change I'm losing my mind up in here today! I just found out I have a whole new function added to my already long list of daily duties. I am happy to be involved because its the directions I want to go into in the my career path but there is just not enough time in the day.... let me stop complaining " I love my job" :whistle:

So, Im doing a little project with my kindergarten class on Tuesday. I bought 9 x 9 felt cloths and I am going on line looking for coloring pages the kids can color. Showing pics of things they are thankful for. My daughter always says food! lol. Every story she ever wrote about me was thanking me for feeding her. She still does it to this day. I am going to have them glue them to the felt and Im sewing all the pictures together to make a "thanksgiving quilt". Im doing one with them to have a even number of squares. I hope they don't give me too much grief!

Oooh MsTee I love that I remember doing something along the same lines in school I think that children will benefit from this is they apply themselves. Oh yeah its kindgergarten LOL but I know they will have fun creating the "thanksgiving quilt" :thumbs:

hey ladies!

long time, no chat

internet finally secured at home, the yardie thread was too hard with just my phone

everything here is going good, just sent in AOS paperwork

fingers crossed

love 'n' light

Hey Just we missed yuh girl my fingers are crossed too :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

no sus, she just fass..

hey everybody.. hope ya'll have a great weekend.. ele will be here this weekend and i already have plans w/ 15 lil 8 yr olds.. oh well, at least i will save that $25 for the ticket..

BE BLESSED!!

[07/15/07 Met RG on vacation in Jamaica

07/27/09 He proposes on one of his visits here

08/07/09 We are married!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/03/09 Completed medical.. all clear!!

09/21/09 Sent off I130, I485, I131, I765.. YAYYYYYY[/color]

09/23/09 package received

09/28/2009 all 4 NOA's printed (received on OCT 1ST)

09/30/09 checks cashed!

10/05/09 receive biometrics appt for 10/28/2009

10/13/09 walk in biometrics.. !

10/26/2009 receive interview letter for NOV 30th 11:30!!!! PRAISE GOD!

11/06/2009 receive advance parole papers.. no email, no updates beforehand..

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

11/19/2009 receive another email stating "card production ordered"

11/23/2009 receive EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/2009 bittersweet interview, but WE ARE APPROVED

12/02/09 social security card in mail

12/04/09 receive "welcome" letter in mail

Timeline
Yes LadyC if only would have the time to pack.......gonna get that done this weekend.

My2 don't worry your gonna have a blessed day!

Char and Mama are u guys ready.......it will be here before you know it.

From all I missed the last two days.......MsSheka that sleep paralysis is no joke. I have felt like I was awake but couldnt move like im stuck(such a scary feelin like u want to scream but can't).....but like Lawns said dem say it was duppy ah try hold yuh dung. I never had it that frequently though......that's a lot. And I havent had it in a long time I wonder why? Glad u shared this......ur not alone.

Nat I too wanna hear the details bout why Steven dont wanna go to the last day of counseling......sounds interesting.

Sus Im glad ur back and that u had a good trip.....when I read about ur ride back I was :rofl::rofl:

Newly I dont know ur situation but just remember that God is always on time if we think he's not. Im praying for you but he will provide a way when it seems impossible. Congrats again....now make that medical appt. ASAP

Oh Irie that pic with the woman with the back titties was hilarious.......some ppl have no shame!

Mstee im glad u got a lot accomplished and was able to spend some time with Steve.......are u happy he lets u keep the tv on now, how is dealing with it can he go to sleep.

Quana glad u finally stopped back in......glad Roger is doing ok and the fam

DWL @ Dada and the jacuzzi

Thank you Belwin :thumbs:

CONGRATS Spanglas.....I know ur excited.......well in regards to the waiting for visa I agree with JG its not like she's tryna rain on ur parade, but speaking realistically......JA aint no joke for Christmas so if u have the time spend it there.....if not come back the most important things is that he gets approved!

I plan to be like Tre when I come back bringin all of Jamaica wit me...lol

Thanks Girl- I think I am going to spend it in Jamaica.. The holidays aren't the same without the love of you life, enoh? And about *JG*- She's Awesome- I take all of her advice- She's very insightful and encouraging- I am blessed to have ALL of you here on VJ!!! Good Luck with everything Hays! Rispeck mi sistas!! :luv:

Wah Gwaan Ladies! Happy Friday!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not much in the way of exciting weekend plans here. Tonight might twist up hubby's hair (since I don't think I'll ever learn to do cornrows) & maybe a sexy party. :whistle: Tomorrow not sure what's on the agenda either....probably cooking up some JA food for a potluck going-away party on Sunday for my drum teacher. Going to drum class in the late morning & then to the party after. He's going back to Africa & we aren't sure if it's for good this time. There's a strong possibility of that. :crying::crying:

Okay, yardies, how did you pick a major? Were any of you really lost/ uncertain/ bouncing around before you went for your secondary degree? I've gone to the websites, tried to take the 'what should you major in' quizzes (then they want you to register for the results & I close the page), & done a lot of web browsing but I'm not getting any good resources & really can't even figure out where to begin. I'm not even sure what I want to do as a career....I just know that it's NOT this! What I want to do is a dream job that every one else wants as a dream job....something that would involve travel & I have a big interest in photography but don't know if that's worth trying to find a major that would suit that. I'd love to have a job where I'm not sitting at a desk all day like I am now....but also something where I don't really have to deal heavily with a lot of people every day. I really have no place in customer service oriented jobs....I can do it but I'm not a people person that way. On a social level it's all good but when it comes to dealing with people lacking common sense, which I've encountered in most customer service type jobs, I have no patience. :bonk:

Ells, I switched my major around so so many times, it wasn't funny - when I finally completed my degree, I looked at what credits I had floating, and which major would allow me to finish my degree in the shortest amount of time. When I started my MS, I was torn with going to law school - but I knew I didn't want to spend 4 more years going to class - I also knew that an MBA was not the thing for me because I hate math - the HR Management program sounded interesting and fit my time frame - I have found that many of the classes fit into my day to day work, even though I am not in HR -

I honestly believe, that unless you want a specific career such as accounting, counseling, teaching - it doesn't really matter what your degree is in - it's having the piece of paper that counts.

Thanks Girl- I think I am going to spend it in Jamaica.. The holidays aren't the same without the love of you life, enoh? And about *JG*- She's Awesome- I take all of her advice- She's very insightful and encouraging- I am blessed to have ALL of you here on VJ!!! Good Luck with everything Hays! Rispeck mi sistas!! :luv:

Spanglas, have you looked at tickets yet? I was pricing them and don't think I will be down over Christmas this year :crying:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Ells, I switched my major around so so many times, it wasn't funny - when I finally completed my degree, I looked at what credits I had floating, and which major would allow me to finish my degree in the shortest amount of time. When I started my MS, I was torn with going to law school - but I knew I didn't want to spend 4 more years going to class - I also knew that an MBA was not the thing for me because I hate math - the HR Management program sounded interesting and fit my time frame - I have found that many of the classes fit into my day to day work, even though I am not in HR -

I honestly believe, that unless you want a specific career such as accounting, counseling, teaching - it doesn't really matter what your degree is in - it's having the piece of paper that counts.

Spanglas, have you looked at tickets yet? I was pricing them and don't think I will be down over Christmas this year :crying:

Yeah Girl- I looked at the tickets!!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I'm looking for under $500- can't find SHYT!! I'm looking through cheaptickets.com (no extra fees) and also US Airways- they seem to have the lowest since they merged with American Airlines.. I'm not happy with the prices at all- I'm just praying through some small miracle I have the money to afford it... I DON'T want to spend the holidays without him.. Let me know if you or anyone sees tickets for less than $500, I'm willing to go less than $600 also.. free-scared-smileys-468.gif

Timeline

Justucia, that's awesome you've sent out the AOS. I hope our marriage license comes back quickly (after we get married) so we can file for it. I have about everything ready, even the check is already written.

JG, sounds like you have a variety of things to do each day. That sounds more fun than doing the same thing over & over again.

*JG* girl I cant switch jobs with you...LOL..I cuss too damn much

Where in the hell are the wedding pictures?????? :angry:

:rofl: Apparently, that habit doesn't stop JG!!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Justucia, that's awesome you've sent out the AOS. I hope our marriage license comes back quickly (after we get married) so we can file for it. I have about everything ready, even the check is already written.

Nat you never cease to amaze me with your organizational skills! :)

How can 10 people be in here and no one is talking??? :blink:

Hi dillion and Finesse

Timeline

Here you go, girls.....to put you in the mood for next week........

AM THANKFUL

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE WIFE

WHO SAYS IT'S HOTDOGS TONIGHT,

BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME

AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE HUSBAND

WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO,

BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME

AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE TEENAGER

WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING THE DISHES

BECAUSE THAT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME

AND NOT ON THE STREETS.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE TAXES

THAT I PAY

BECAUSE IT MEANS

THAT I AM EMPLOYED.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE MESS

TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY

BECAUSE IT MEANS

THAT I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE CLOTHES

THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG

BECAUSE IT MEANS

I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY SHADOW

THAT WATCHES ME WORK

BECAUSE IT MEANS

I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE.

I AM THANKFUL FOR A LAWN

THAT NEEDS MOWING,

WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING,

AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING,

BECAUSE IT MEANS

I HAVE A HOME.

I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING

I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT

BECAUSE IT MEANS

THAT WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE PARKING SPOT

I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT

BECAUSE IT MEANS

I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING

AND THAT I HAVE BEEN

BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION.

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL

BECAUSE IT MEANS

I AM WARM.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE LADY

BEHIND ME IN CHURCH

THAT SINGS OFF KEY

BECAUSE IT MEANS

THAT I CAN HEAR.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE PILE

OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING

BECAUSE IT MEANS

I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

I AM THANKFUL FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES

AT THE END OF THE DAY

BECAUSE IT MEANS

I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

AND...

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE ALARM

THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS

BECAUSE IT MEANS

THAT I AM ALIVE.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

JG, sounds like you have a variety of things to do each day. That sounds more fun than doing the same thing over & over again.

*JG* girl I cant switch jobs with you...LOL..I cuss too damn much

Where in the hell are the wedding pictures?????? :angry:

:rofl: Apparently, that habit doesn't stop JG!!

Ha ha.......that's what I was thinking, Nat.

Honestly, they are in a meeting right now. I've been cutting out stupid little flowers for the big card order the lady at my mom's work just placed for Christmas. (It's nice when it's quiet around here.)12 sets of 20 cards. Add that to my mom's order for 2 sets, the 3 sets I was making for Christmas presents, and my own Christmas cards I still need to finish, and it's making me very cranky right now thinking about it. Oh, yeah, and I got the brilliant idea to make the ornaments for my new tree too. I should be slapped. The $$$ will be good when I am done. I still should be slapped HARD!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey ladies, update#2 i know those who are still waiting for dates probably hate me lol but i asked i sent the embassy a email requesting a later date in dec preferabally Dec 22 **when i told my mom i did this she just laughed at me** but they sent me a email back giving me the exact date i requested, i really hope they are this nice when its actually time for the interview.... i feel so much better now!!!

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.