sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Nat- Your wedding is just around the corner!!! I'm so excited for you! Please post pictures..

I have a question- what is the fastest way to get the visa IN HAND after approved at the Embassy..? Have it delivered? Or go pick it up? I'm asking this because I don't want to leave JA until Dane has the visa in his hands! Is it like 3 days or so?

And not only that, the ticket prices are outrageous!! Dane has his Interview Dec.18th... so if approved, will he get his visa before Christmas?? Or maybe the Embassy will hold off everything til after Christmas... I don't know what to do..

I don't want to burst your bubble; but I think he will not get it till the week after Christmas or even the week after that. My reasoning is the interview is a Friday. Mon, Tues, Wed of the next week they are open. Closed for Christmas eve and Christmas day. Then, they would be closed on Mon I think for Boxing Day. Two days open the next week....Tues and Wed. Then, closed again for New years eve and day.

I would prepare yourself for the first week in January.....but, you can always hope for the best.

Good luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies! I hope that everyone is having a great day!!

Sus, where are the rest of the pictures? When you go to Jamaica, you know that we are all living through the pictures! Lots! We need Lots!

Anyone doing anything exciting this week? weekend? Or even over Thanksgiving?

This weekend I intend to enroll Ja in Karate bcos some kids keep picking on her. Thanksgiving Ja and I are going to Larry Rice shelter in the morning to drop off my turkey (tradition) and then coming back home and cooking with hubby.

That sounds very fun for a child! I'll have to keep that on the list for 7-10 yrs down the road.

We had some drama with getting married at the pre-marital counseling, so the wedding is back to the original date of November 25. The good news is that my parents can attend that day, but wouldn't have been able to attend on Saturday. I doubt Steven will attend the last day of pre-marital counseling (unless my negotiation skills improve by then) due to the drama, so I may go shopping after class & spend the gift cards (from my surprise bridal shower) on wedding night attire.

:devil:

Good Morning Yardies!! Today is a GREAT DAY- got an email this morning- Dane's Interview is Dec.18th @ 9am!!!!! :dance:

Praise the Lord and Thank You Sweet Jesus!!! And thank all of you here on VJ for giving me the support and strength to get through this! Now we just gotta get approved...

Congrats!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Lady C I just seen the updated timeline. Looks like someone is going to have a Very Merry Xmas!!!!

Yes girl I will have my very OWN Santa for christmas.......

i am going to look like santa for a xmas.....

hmmmm, maybe i could get a part time job at the mall

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

where did you end up getting them from finesse?

babies r us...they were a little more expensive than target or walmart but i couldn't find this style anywhere else and hubby was really set on them....but they gave me a twins discount since we were buying 2 so they were reasonable

we ordered the matching dresser and changing table which will take 2 weeks to get...

the twins discount is amazing.....we get use out of that discount often......carseats, mattresses, bases for carseats.....pretty much anything over $50 that you are buying 2 of......we have saved lots of money shopping at babies r us....and sometimes toys r us will honor the discount too if they have a baby section and you get a decent manager......once you know what you are having finesse i prolly have lots of stuff i can send your way if you would like.....i have some outfits that still have tags on them! and even the ones that have been worn were maybe worn once and are still liek brand new......let me know if i can help you out with anything.....

thanks yankee. we find out on monday...i'm nervous...

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Char-- We are staying at the Altamon Court Hotel now. The couple is renting the apartment extended there stay. but Eric and I will still be near. almost there. u packed yet!!

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Nat- Your wedding is just around the corner!!! I'm so excited for you! Please post pictures..

I have a question- what is the fastest way to get the visa IN HAND after approved at the Embassy..? Have it delivered? Or go pick it up? I'm asking this because I don't want to leave JA until Dane has the visa in his hands! Is it like 3 days or so?

And not only that, the ticket prices are outrageous!! Dane has his Interview Dec.18th... so if approved, will he get his visa before Christmas?? Or maybe the Embassy will hold off everything til after Christmas... I don't know what to do..

I don't want to burst your bubble; but I think he will not get it till the week after Christmas or even the week after that. My reasoning is the interview is a Friday. Mon, Tues, Wed of the next week they are open. Closed for Christmas eve and Christmas day. Then, they would be closed on Mon I think for Boxing Day. Two days open the next week....Tues and Wed. Then, closed again for New years eve and day.

I would prepare yourself for the first week in January.....but, you can always hope for the best.

Good luck.

*JG* weren't you the one that said my snail mailed ds-230 would probably not make it to the Embassy too?? You like to be the bearer of crappy news.. Lol

I will take this into consideration though... thank you

Timeline

LOL, JG is one of the people you can count on to always have your back and be there to hold you up when you need it - But also one to give it to you straight and keep you grounded in reality - exactly the type of friend everyone needs!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Good luck.

*JG* weren't you the one that said my snail mailed ds-230 would probably not make it to the Embassy too?? You like to be the bearer of crappy news.. Lol

Yeah, I did. I just know the JA system. Think about you and the days off around the holidays. Then, think they get pretty much ALL other country's holidays off. They aren't exactly burning up the office without the extra days off.

I'd rather not see you waste a bunch of money on a ticket you will have to change. And, really, that may be cheaper after the holidays anyhow.

If I could, I would tell you how to get it the next day. But, you know the reality.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

We're about to go to the shower my coworkers are throwing for us. We were told to stay in my office until they come to get us. Why am I more nervous than Steven???

Good Morning Yardies!! Today is a GREAT DAY- got an email this morning- Dane's Interview is Dec.18th @ 9am!!!!! :dance:

Praise the Lord and Thank You Sweet Jesus!!! And thank all of you here on VJ for giving me the support and strength to get through this! Now we just gotta get approved...

Great news!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
LOL, JG is one of the people you can count on to always have your back and be there to hold you up when you need it - But also one to give it to you straight and keep you grounded in reality - exactly the type of friend everyone needs!

Awwwwww......love you too, girly! (L)

We're about to go to the shower my coworkers are throwing for us. We were told to stay in my office until they come to get us. Why am I more nervous than Steven???

Great news!

Now, I feel like Finesse cause I pretty much just read we are about to go shower with my co-workers.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Good luck.

Yeah, I did. I just know the JA system. Think about you and the days off around the holidays. Then, think they get pretty much ALL other country's holidays off. They aren't exactly burning up the office without the extra days off.

I'd rather not see you waste a bunch of money on a ticket you will have to change. And, really, that may be cheaper after the holidays anyhow.

If I could, I would tell you how to get it the next day. But, you know the reality.

Yeah, it makes sense.. thanks for the heads up girl, ima rethink these flight plans.. :wacko:

Timeline

Awwwwww......love you too, girly! (L)

Great news!

Now, I feel like Finesse cause I pretty much just read we are about to go shower with my co-workers.

AWWWW!! So did I LOL!! I gotta go get some food in my belly... my mind be weary and whirling around!

Timeline

DILLON.............Where are you? Do you see it?????????????? Look outside. Good God, that's sunshine. Didn't even recognize it at first. The glare off my computer screen is almost too much.

Good luck.

Yeah, it makes sense.. thanks for the heads up girl, ima rethink these flight plans.. :wacko:

Christmas and New Years is fun in JA. Can you go to interview and stay through?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Hey Spanglas where does your Man live, If he is in Kingston he may have a chance turn around time for delivery is quick 3-4 days. LOL but JG is right the island shut dung fi deh holiday so have faith but be prepared to wait. good luck hun :star:

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Great news!

LOL @ Nat Wow this is exciting 2 showers within a weeks time, I hppe you are taking lots of pics for us FB junkies :yes:

LOL @ JG :rofl:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Okay, I have another little rant today. (I hope people don't think I'm just cranky & only rant about things all the time.) I'm mostly good-natured...I just like to b@#ch about things that bug me.

Anyway, hubby's father (the one who in 26 years never minded him even one time) wants to come up to where my parents live (where we'll be for the holiday) the Friday after Thanksgiving, pick him up that afternoon and bring him back Saturday evening! :angry: This irritates me on so many levels! Where do I begin?? This is our FIRST holiday together & the man wants to rearrange our plans for us! If it weren't for me & my parents, the man wouldn't even be able to SEE (one of) his son(s) here! I could go on & on & on & ON! Basically, my answer to his e-mail to me if that would be okay for him to do is to ignore it & let hubby speak with his Dad & tell him what's what. I'm glad he is getting to know his family but now his half-siblings want to get in on all of this & where the heck were they before??? Oh yeah, getting support from their Dad & a college education while he was back in JA going hungry & missing school altogether! :ranting:

Thoughts anyone??

Timeline

Question???

What does it mean when the DHL is saying "Shipment on Hold" I am tracking Garfield's Visa and its been saying this since Tuesday???? Should I worry?

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.