sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
what do you all serve at Thanksgiving? I don't think Hubby is going to like Turkey so I was just wondering what will be on your menu's

My family do not like Turkey either so we have a big Oven stuffer chicken. When its a huge dinner we prepare a few of them plus curry goat, oxtail, fish, mac & cheese, potato salad, rice & peas, fried rice etc. I'm glad we are not having a huge dinner this year.

where do you get one of these? at any food store?

Any grocery store should carry then. It's just a whole chicken. I love them. Try to mix some Jamaican in with Thanksgiving.

what do you all serve at Thanksgiving? I don't think Hubby is going to like Turkey so I was just wondering what will be on your menu's

I was just thinking about this the other day... I think we are going to have an array of foods...

Spanikopita

Stuffed sqaush

I am going to try a cheese souffle

An Escovitch fish for the fish eaters...

Mango & Sticky rice

Mac & Cheese

potatoes, my home made cranberry sauce (traditional thanksgiving sides)

and a Vegetarian meatloaf...

I am having my girl take a Caribbean Grocery run on her way up from DC!

I may try some other things.. I like to do whatever looks yummy and fun!

Oh Irie, et me know how the cheese souffle and meatloaf turns out.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I have to go find a big souffle dish. That stuff you sent me gave me lots of ideas!!! :)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

We'll be driving to Atlanta on Thanksgiving day. Maybe I'll pack some turkey sandwiches. lol We are looking for a nice restaurant that will have a Thanksgiving dinner served that day. I've found a few.

ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was just thinking about this the other day... I think we are going to have an array of foods...

Spanikopita

Stuffed sqaush

I am going to try a cheese souffle

An Escovitch fish for the fish eaters...

Mango & Sticky rice

Mac & Cheese

potatoes, my home made cranberry sauce (traditional thanksgiving sides)

and a Vegetarian meatloaf...

I am having my girl take a Caribbean Grocery run on her way up from DC!

I may try some other things.. I like to do whatever looks yummy and fun!

Y-U-M... you all are making me HUNGRY

Timeline
I have to go find a big souffle dish. That stuff you sent me gave me lots of ideas!!! :)

Check in Marshalls or TJMaxx if you guys have that there. Target may even have one. That food looked really good and the meatloaf really sounds good. Never heard of burger crumbles though.

ROC

Timeline

Check in Marshalls or TJMaxx if you guys have that there. Target may even have one. That food looked really good and the meatloaf really sounds good. Never heard of burger crumbles though.

I have tried MorningStar, Quorn and Smart..whatever... I have a new one now in the fridge. So far Morning star is the best.

I made shepard's pie with it once.. yummy.

t0256.gif

I'm hoping this means good news???

Me too... What's good Strawberry? :)

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

I have tried MorningStar, Quorn and Smart..whatever... I have a new one now in the fridge. So far Morning star is the best.

I made shepard's pie with it once.. yummy.

I actually like the Morning Star sausage patties.

ROC

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone heard from Always Blessed about how her interview went!

Whats going on ladies, just stopped through for a moment and as usually the Kindergarteners tried to sock it to me but I came right back on their little behinds!!! :devil:

Hi MsTee!!! waving!!!! :rofl::rofl:

I had a call from my childs teacher today. Seems he is acting silly in class. I can't wait till he gets home so I can see if he finds his butt whooping just as funny.

You would think with his birthday this week he would be on chill. I think that is partly why he is acting up.

Timeline
Things are going well thanks, let me know about DC to... We may slide through! :thumbs:

Hey do I see a yardie link up in the making??

With so many yardies planning on stopping through we could make this BIG!!!!

Yep, I'm here just keep me posted on coming to DC you guys.

ROC

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Last year my brothers BF made us jerk chicken and pork and all the trimmings. I thought this was neat it introduced my son to Jamaican food before he visited the country. I think we had banana, yam ackee, rice and peas to go with it.

This year I’m making a turkey only because Wal-mart had them on sale for .60 a pound. Shoot with prices like that I couldn’t pass it up.

Timeline
Things are going well thanks, let me know about DC to... We may slide through! :thumbs:

Hey do I see a yardie link up in the making??

With so many yardies planning on stopping through we could make this BIG!!!!

Yep, I'm here just keep me posted on coming to DC you guys.

T has February Vacation, so I want to come down for the week. All depends on car and finances. I stay with friends so its more eating and having fun money.

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone heard from Always Blessed about how her interview went!

Whats going on ladies, just stopped through for a moment and as usually the Kindergarteners tried to sock it to me but I came right back on their little behinds!!! :devil:

Hi MsTee!!! waving!!!! :rofl::rofl:

I had a call from my childs teacher today. Seems he is acting silly in class. I can't wait till he gets home so I can see if he finds his butt whooping just as funny.

You would think with his birthday this week he would be on chill. I think that is partly why he is acting up.

I'm sure he is excited about it and might be acting silly in class because he can't contain it.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.