sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
GOOD MORNING FAMILY!!!

Just wanted to let yall know hubby and I are the newest home owners on the block!!!!

I was so tired after the long day I had yesterday that after we closed I just wanted to go home and curled up in bed... but no hubby was too excited we went to our apt thru whatever he can fit in the car and drove to the new house, so we slept their on the floor last night!!! so tired!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG.. I have one more week until our interview and I already feel like I have a deep pit in my stomach... :blink: Next Monday can't come soon enough... :dance:

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Evening Yardies!

Congrats Portland on the new home!

Hope you feel better soon Cat.

Hubby had his first dentist appt today. They had to extract an upper molar that was in really bad shape & he'll be needing the bridge which will run about $3000! Can you believe something like that can cost so much??? I'm trying not to freak out about money since my dental plan only covers dependents for a maximum of $1000 per calendar year AND bridges are only covered at 50%. That means more than $2000 needs to come out of my pocket for one tooth! Lord help me! I don't know how people manage sometimes & I really don't know how I'll work this out but I suppose the payment plan through the dental office making $200 payments a month until it's paid off. Makes me really want to get a better job but that's a whole other monster. Oh well, I'll manage....maybe it's time to find illicit activities that pay big and fast! :whistle:

On a better note, we got a letter (unexpectedly) in the mail today for our AOS interview. We have our interview on December 8th. I've been checking status & haven't seen anything new indicated on line but here it is! Now time to prepare...get all the docs & pictures together & try to prep ourselves for the types of questions we may get at the interview.

How do some women work a full time job, fix dinner, manage the house, take care of children, have time for their husbands, and STILL have time for themselves???

I think 2 of these 6 is PLENTY.

-----

According to a lot of these Christian-based books/audio on marriages, women are not primarily DESIGNED to work full time jobs & don't get the same satisfaction men do from working. Husbands should understand that if their wives are putting energy into work, they won't have as much energy to do all the things they were actually designed to do.

Do you agree or disagree?

(Not that Friday afternoon is the best time to start a discussion.)

I don't know if I'm in total agreement with the Christian theories on gender roles but maybe to a small degree would I agree. I'm very contradicted on that because I'd have to disagree about the statement that women don't get the same satisfaction from a job. I think it just depends on the kind of job. I know there are dream jobs for me that would give me a lot of satisfaction...those jobs just aren't very plentiful.

But as far as how women manage their time and lives....that one has me stumped. I'm sure it's all about time management, prioritizing & flexibility. Sometimes you get to have time for yourself and other times you don't amongst other things you have to balance and alternate. Add to that women (like a few of our yardies) who also add school to the mix! I'm in awe and admiration (just so you know ladies)! I really don't know how you do it. But Nat, I'm surprised to read this concern from you of all people. You seem like quite the wonderwoman to me. You are our spreadsheet queen after all! From what I can tell, you are very meticulous and seem to manage your time very well. I thought I was the only one who felt a whole new level of overwhelmed (not really...I know many of us feel this way but you know...) after becoming a married woman trying to spend enough time with her husband and still handle everything else....even without kids in the mix.

The bridge is for the tooth they pulled? If so, IMO, it's up to him if he gets it or not. I had 2 teeth pulled and did not get the replacement stuff they suggested. Just didn't have the money. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

As far as the women's roles.....I don't think women need to take on all the responsibility they take on. It has to be a balance of the marriage. I know I've lost and found myself many times. There comes a point when you have to say I am doing too much and you have to pull some weight. I do agree you need time to yourself.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Morning, All

We've made it to another Monday. :thumbs:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
OMG.. I have one more week until our interview and I already feel like I have a deep pit in my stomach... :blink: Next Monday can't come soon enough... :dance:

Wow, Congrats! Very happy for you LadyC- He'll be here soon enough, You'll be able to celebrate the holidays with him!! God Bless!

Timeline
Morning Yardies!

Happy Wedding Day Brooke & Vaughn!

Nice dresses Cara!

Just wanted to check in real quick....getting ready to go to drum class @ 11:00 (my church). Drum teacher will be going back to Africa for good the day before Thanksgiving so I feel like I want to spend as much time in his presence as possible before that time. I may never see him again....I hope that's not true but it's very possible. It'll be a while before I (we) can afford a trip to Africa including the time off. For a trip like that you need at leat 4-5 weeks in my opinion because the plane ticket is so expensive you have to make it worth the trip. Anyway.... off to get prepared.

Have a nice day everyone!

A friend of mine went to Africa for 3 weeks with his wife. It was so freakin' expensive. Something like $9,000. Took them like 2 days travel each way. The pictures were breathtaking though.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning, All

We've made it to another Monday. :thumbs:

Holy #######- You're getting MARRIED on the 25th!!! I'm excited for you! Congrats girl, and May God Bless your union! I'm still patiently waiting... lol

Timeline
Yankees I love those dresses. Where are the shoes honey? LOL!!

Brooke congrats on the Union. Remember always include God. (F)

orange flip flops actually! LOL

thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on the dresses.....makes me love them even more!!!!!!!

They are beautiful dresses. Reminds me a little of Dillon's wedding dress....which I dragged across the leafy grass Saturday!!!!

You will be just fine. Relax!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yankees I love those dresses. Where are the shoes honey? LOL!!

Brooke congrats on the Union. Remember always include God. (F)

orange flip flops actually! LOL

thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on the dresses.....makes me love them even more!!!!!!!

They are beautiful dresses. Reminds me a little of Dillon's wedding dress....which I dragged across the leafy grass Saturday!!!!

You will be just fine. Relax!

Thanks JG im trying to relax as much as I can....But it Nah Work

oMQjm5.png

AOS

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

Timeline

All I want to say is DILLON HAS WAY TO MUCH #######!!!!!! Ha ha.

Had a very eventful weekend. Friday my daughter and dog went with me to a 6th grade boys soccer game. Had drinks with my friend after.

Saturday.......All freakin' day Saturday.....my daughter and I helped Dillon move. After some funny mishaps, it went pretty smoothly. Her apartment is so damn cute. Bigger then my house I think. My favorite part was helping Jaz get his room all set up. You forget how happy you can make someone by doing something so small......just by hanging some spiderman pictures on a wall.

Hope you got settled in a little, Dillon. Don't forget to either hold your mail or forward it online today. I will PM you what we talked about in a little bit. If I forget, remind me.

Yesterday, we went to stamp camp. 3 hours of card making. It was fun. Walked the park a little and then had dinner at my parent's. Helped my brother put up their Christmas tree (don't ask!)

And, sigh, here I am again! Weekends so fast. I hate it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Well my weekend was fun and relaxing..

On Saturday I met up with Sun Ray and Trelawny and we did a little shopping and bonding. I had such a great time with them. Sun and Tre we have to do it again. :dance::dance:

On Sunday I cooked and did laundry then sat around doing nothing. I also drove my baby crazy with questions, he says im gonna go mad soon if I dont relax. :bonk:

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Mawning Ladies SpanglasGirl, yankeesgirl79, *JG*, sus, DaDa

I am really trying to catch up now LOL

Dada yuh response soon come!

Happy Monday everyone!!!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Morning all!

Congrats Thompson2B! Although now you need to change your name, cause you are no longer to be!!

Cara, love the dresses! Can't wait to see you tomorrow - will send you my cell in a few!

I spent the weekend trying to do homework and pack - Had a moment of panic when I couldn't find my passport, lol - But, all set now!!

Good morning everyone! Sus, have fun! Don't think about us too much! :blush:

Timeline

Awww don't worry yourself.. you will be good! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.