sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks yall, not sure when we are moving all in! but the rate my huband is going I would not be surprise he gets a uhaul after work today and pack up our apartment. He was like a pround papa, walk up and down the house, I was surprise he went to sleep! and the best part is we have a basement which is really rear in the south.

Ooooh! A basement sounds great. Having lived in the south all my life (and under sea level most of it), I've never had one of those. Is it finished?

----------

What would you do?

Right now, the lady who cleans my house doesn't speak English. There is another lady who I interact with & who I write the checks to. She arranges the business & the other lady cleans up. Well, the cleaning lady left me a note (in Spanish) last week saying that starting next month she will separate from the middle-woman. Would you stick with the cleaning lady & struggle to communicate, or stick with the English-speaking middle-woman & whoever she gets to clean up next?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks yall, not sure when we are moving all in! but the rate my huband is going I would not be surprise he gets a uhaul after work today and pack up our apartment. He was like a pround papa, walk up and down the house, I was surprise he went to sleep! and the best part is we have a basement which is really rear in the south.

Ooooh! A basement sounds great. Having lived in the south all my life (and under sea level most of it), I've never had one of those. Is it finished?

----------

What would you do?

Right now, the lady who cleans my house doesn't speak English. There is another lady who I interact with & who I write the checks to. She arranges the business & the other lady cleans up. Well, the cleaning lady left me a note (in Spanish) last week saying that starting next month she will separate from the middle-woman. Would you stick with the cleaning lady & struggle to communicate, or stick with the English-speaking middle-woman & whoever she gets to clean up next?

if I was happy with her, I would stick with the one who already cleans.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Frickin Friday!!!!

Hi JQ!!!! Alright!!! Sexy party time tonight!

Ok, so I have left my purse 3 times in the last week at various locations because I am such an idiot and a scatterbrain lately. I am shopping online for one of those crossbody bags....this way mi nah lose mi shyt. anyone have any good links? i found a cute coach one but it is not leather and I'd rather have a leather one...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

----------

What would you do?

if I was happy with her, I would stick with the one who already cleans.

me too

Timeline
Happy Frickin Friday!!!!

Ok, so I have left my purse 3 times in the last week at various locations because I am such an idiot and a scatterbrain lately. I am shopping online for one of those crossbody bags....this way mi nah lose mi shyt. anyone have any good links? i found a cute coach one but it is not leather and I'd rather have a leather one...

http://www.magellans.com/store/Packs__Purs...page_number=all

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Congrats on the home purchase, Portland! Did you buy right in Raleigh, or outside?

JQ, love the wedding pics! And to answer your question - zumba is a high energy fitness class - salsa, merengue, some soca, some hip hop - it was so much fun!

Hey Sus, we are right outside of Raleigh in Cary. Lovely area!

I been to Cary tht is a lovely area!!! I'm so jealous I want to move to Raleigh sooooo bad.

I have one cousin moving to Atlanta, one to Virgina and one to NC. Maybe I'll jump on board with them...

Timeline

Hey Sus, we are right outside of Raleigh in Cary. Lovely area!

That is a nice area - I drove around there last week - Although I like Charlotte better than Raleigh!

You were in Raleigh last week and didnt hit me and Claire and Tamisha up for drinks, not nice!

Yes you are lucky to have a basement. When I went house shopping down there a few years ago we saw no homes with basements. They mainly all had attics. Coming from the north where basements are the norm that was odd to me. I was like well where do you do laundry and she showed me the laundry rooms on the first and second floor. Nice maybe that would help me keep the laundry done knowing I didn’t have to walk down steps to get to the washer.

I'm sure your hubby is proud and you should be too. Being a home owner is a wonderful thing....

Hey you should have a VJ house warming… LOL

Timeline

Good morning Yardies, In a funky mood with tmobile AGAIN I am going to own them by the time Im finished! Ugh....

Anyway

Portland - Congrats on your new home purchase

Nat - Thanks for the comment pics

Finesse - Good luck finding a purse

JQ - Nice pictures

Sus Im glad the weekend is here too!

Snunky - wat da deal wid ya?

Dillion Good luck with the move

Hi to all the other ladies I have forgotten to mention.

Best of luck to all the interviews, approvals, marriages, sexy parties etc....

Hope you all have a fantabulous day!

Special shout out to JaP - Hope you made it safely and to Heavensent - good luck with everything!

Timeline

----------

What would you do?

Umm that’s kind of hard. If you like the way the lady cleans I would say stick with her but the only bad thing is if you have to tell her something or she needs to tell you something how the heck would you all communicate?

Who translated the letter for you?

Timeline
Good morning Yardies, In a funky mood with tmobile AGAIN I am going to own them by the time Im finished! Ugh....

Anyway

Portland - Congrats on your new home purchase

Nat - Thanks for the comment pics

Finesse - Good luck finding a purse

JQ - Nice pictures

Sus Im glad the weekend is here too!

Snunky - wat da deal wid ya?

Dillion Good luck with the move

Hi to all the other ladies I have forgotten to mention.

Best of luck to all the interviews, approvals, marriages, sexy parties etc....

Hope you all have a fantabulous day!

Special shout out to JaP - Hope you made it safely and to Heavensent - good luck with everything!

What becasue I'm like one of the the ones not having any sexy parties I get no love anymore?? :angry:

Timeline
Umm that’s kind of hard. If you like the way the lady cleans I would say stick with her but the only bad thing is if you have to tell her something or she needs to tell you something how the heck would you all communicate?

Who translated the letter for you?

WWW.ALTAVISTA.COM/BABELFISH

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Basements are not all they are cracked up to be - Our neighbors have an underground spring in their backyard - so every time it rains, our basement floods - then we have issues with mold, etc...

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Basements are not all they are cracked up to be - Our neighbors have an underground spring in their backyard - so every time it rains, our basement floods - then we have issues with mold, etc...

When you live in places where tornados happen, they are necessary. I could not live without my basement.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Well, ladies......my week is coming to a close. I am closing down and leaving here for the day.

Movie, grocery shopping, soccer game, and meeting a friend for some drinks tonight.

Helping Dillon move tomorrow. Maybe meet up with some friends after.

Stamp Camp and dinner at mom's sunday.

Sigh......Monday will be here before I know it.

See you all next week. Be safe. Have a good weekend.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon, Yardies! Hope you are having a Happy Friday!!

GOOD MORNING FAMILY!!!

Just wanted to let yall know hubby and I are the newest home owners on the block!!!!

I was so tired after the long day I had yesterday that after we closed I just wanted to go home and curled up in bed... but no hubby was too excited we went to our apt thru whatever he can fit in the car and drove to the new house, so we slept their on the floor last night!!! so tired!

Congrats! On your new home. :thumbs: When I purchased my home, I could care less about furniture because I was so happy to be there. Take your time in moving because it can become really stressful. Luckily you have lots of help.

In my next house, a basement is a must have. I like the idea of having a basement because the kids have a place to hang out and you don't have constantly worry about cleaning behind them throughout the house.

----------

What would you do?

I would keep the person that currently cleans your house. Especially if she is doing a good job. If you find someone else, its almost like you have to re-train them clean to your specifications.

Happy Frickin Friday!!!!

I remember those days...I would forget my head, if it wasn't attached :wacko: Somehow though I never forgot when it was time to eat....

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.