sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh SG and I especially HATE having to go to that stinky smelly fish store that we saw you and your hubby at. Unfortunately he LOVES that store. ICK!

Where is that one?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Just dropped in to say hi, I have about 15 minutes before my class starts. Steve got to the airport okay. His flight was delayed 45 minutes. He sounded SO happy and excited. I want to sound that way too only Ive been up since 3 am trying to do school stuff so Im beat. In a way Im glad for the slight delay so I won't have to kill myself leaving school and driving to the airport. I will definitely check in later and keep you posted!!!!! :thumbs:

There you are and here I thought you were sitting at the airport...

Up since 3am ey? Were you really studying or were you pacing the floor?

Timeline
Hi SG...glad to hear hubby has his license! Must be a great feeling. I hate always having to go to the store too.

Wait till you get to take a teenage girl blue jean shopping. I swear at the end, I was yelling just buy a damn pair of jeans already.

SG....I will ask around. If you had caught me before I went and fell in love with tiger, I certainly would've considered the puppy.

I'm already having those issues. She will try them on, like them at the store and then when we get home and I tell her to wear them she doesn't like them anymore. She has done that to me twice now.

Ha ha......I'd kill her.

We went to the Galleria and I swear stopped in every store that could possibly have jeans. Finally found the perfect pair at Aeropostle. She gets in the dressing room, gets them on, perfect fit, turns around and lets out this scream.....something about sequins on the pocket. I swear it sounded like someone stabbed her in there. I was ready to strangle her right there in the store. Something like 4 hours of shopping and not even a single pair of blue jeans. NEVER again!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So we went to David's Bridal tonight to look for a dress for the reception. I wanted something that I could wear again. I went in with the idea of getting a yellow dress, but when they showed me all these bright yellow dresses, I didn't like them as much. So I went with a green dress that I can wear again to, say, a Holiday party. I got a yellow wristlet & sheer shawl to go with it.

That dress is cute, very similar to what my girls will be wearing for our wedding.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh SG and I especially HATE having to go to that stinky smelly fish store that we saw you and your hubby at. Unfortunately he LOVES that store. ICK!

Where is that one?

It is on Olive and North and South. Here in University City.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi SG...glad to hear hubby has his license! Must be a great feeling. I hate always having to go to the store too.

Wait till you get to take a teenage girl blue jean shopping. I swear at the end, I was yelling just buy a damn pair of jeans already.

SG....I will ask around. If you had caught me before I went and fell in love with tiger, I certainly would've considered the puppy.

I'm already having those issues. She will try them on, like them at the store and then when we get home and I tell her to wear them she doesn't like them anymore. She has done that to me twice now.

Ha ha......I'd kill her.

We went to the Galleria and I swear stopped in every store that could possibly have jeans. Finally found the perfect pair at Aeropostle. She gets in the dressing room, gets them on, perfect fit, turns around and lets out this scream.....something about sequins on the pocket. I swear it sounded like someone stabbed her in there. I was ready to strangle her right there in the store. Something like 4 hours of shopping and not even a single pair of blue jeans. NEVER again!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JQ all dem crazy #### baby mama is a mess...It must be a Jamaican thing if they were in america they would see seh if yuh nah wuk yuh cant survive. My fiance baby mother dont work either so I have heard this song before. We put his son on the K-1 so everything will be done at once. She called yesterday saying she dont have no $$$ to take the passport pics for the Medical and he must send it. He told her to work it out and dont stress him. She find the $$$ today she took him to get the pics. Sometimes the daddy's just have to stand up to dem...

I hope everything work out well for you...

Is that so??

Must let all the MILLIONS of HARD WORKING Jamaican women know and all the LAZY American/English/European women know that this is now a 'Jamaican thing'.

Thanks for the info!

:help:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Does anyone know about filing an I-130 for children? I'm trying to get an idea of the timeline for filing an I-130. I want to file for my stepchildren and it's my understanding that the I-130 process is about six months. What happens after the I-130 is approved? Does the process then go to NVC for a visa?

I'm thinking back to when I filed the I-129 for my husband. I know that after the approved petition went to NVC, he had to go through the visa process at the Kingston embassy, which took a long time. Is that the same process that the children will go through, including the packets received from the embassy and the DS form?

The reason for asking is that I'm trying to time the children's arrival for summer, between school years if I can. Can anyone tell me about the process after I-130? Thanks.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Coincidentally he was supposed to make a run today to that store and guess who would have been going instead if he did not get his license yesterday? :yes:

BTW I have an SUV so text or call me if you need help this wknd with moving. I can fit some stuff in there if I fold the chairs down.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Where is that one?

On Olive in Ucity next to Aldi's right before Hanley. They have seafood galore for almost nothing and it is flown in fresh.

Sorry I just realized it has already been answered.

Edited by Shaunsgal

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

I know I don't post much, mostly just searching to find information. But I need some help with this thing. My mom doesn't like my fiance. She doesn't like the idea that he will be coming here to live with me and he won't have a job or U. S. Citizenship. Why did this lady give one of her co-workers my phone number, trying to hook us up? Know that I am engaged. My fiance and I have talked about him coming and me having to support him time after time, and we both are ok with that. But he does know that he will have to get a job once he gets his EAD. Cause I do not plan on running the household by myself. Anyway. I feel so hurt and betrayed by my mother!!

I am the baby girl I understand that. But I am not a child anymore. I am 28 and doing big things. But that was just wrong of her. I understand she is looking out for my best interest. But DAMN, that was taking it too far.

Has anyone else had to go through this? Can anyone offer some advise?

HELP Please. I feel like cursing her out I am so mad. But I can't do that cause she is my mother. UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

I'm late in replying to this but just wanted to let you know (as have others) that you are most certainly not alone in experiencing this. Parents, however well-intentioned, are just being parents. Of course they are going to worry & think the worst of things because they want to protect you from getting hurt but they just have to use the same kind of faith & trust you are using in this relationship. They have to trust that you are a sensible young woman who they have raised properly & have chosen a good partner who is going to treat you well.

It's understandable that you're upset over her interference with trying to set you up with someone else. I'd tell her politely but firmly that that hurt your feelings & that you'd appreciate if she didn't repeat something like that in the future. If she continues to do things like that, it won't get her what she wants but it will probably cause a rift between you two.

Good luck & stay strong in the knowledge of the love you have in your relationship. You can vent to us anytime AND know that you aren't alone in what you're going through.

Im good... Have a burst of happiness! Also Nov 1st marked my 21st YEAR at my job!!! 5 weeks vacation wooooooooooooo hooooooooooo! :dance::dance::dance:

WOW Mstee! That's a looong time to be at a job....YAY for 5 weeks of vaca a year! (I'm amazed I've been at this one almost 10 years.) Congrats!

GOOD MORNING FB FAMILY! I just want to say that God is soooo GOOD! I am still in awe that I'm walking around the house and my husband is here! For those of you who know my story, you know that it has been a ridiculously long and stressful journey. And so many of you on here were so supportive of me, and I just want to say THANK YOU to those of have always provided words of encouragement to me when I needed them most. I'm beginning to enter the "next phase" of this journey, and I so look forward to doing so. I will still be up here laughing and joking, providing words and wisdom when I can to help those that are still going through this process. I don't know what I would have done without this board. I (L) you guys so much!

Tamisha

Congrats Mrs. P! This is so wonderful! I know I don't speak for only myself when I say we're all so happy for you! :thumbs::dance::star:

Today, Steven had his first ever dentist appointment. The dentist couldn't believe how healthy his teeth were considering he'd never been to a dentist before. I guess it's from the small amount of sugar people typically eat in Jamaica, compared to America.

Lehi has his first ever on Friday. I think he's starting to get nervous cause he's asking what they're going to do. He has two really bad molars in his mouth, one on each side, but the rest of his teeth look great. I've been telling him they're just going to fix those bad teeth. I hope that's mostly the only problems he'll have. I also hope they can fix the worst tooth in this calendar year & then we'll work on the other one starting in January when the benefits start new.

It must be something in the air cause I have a Monster Headache too.. :crying::crying:

On the positive side Garfield's Medical is tomorrow and I am sending off the interview package to him today......... :dance::dance: Yay

Yayyyyy!!!!! :)

I have a question for the AOS ladies....well really regarding medical insurance, did most of you put your hubby on your medical insurance and if so, did it boost up how much you have deducted monthly from your pay?

It really depends on your insurance Mstee. Almost immediately after we married I put him on my health/dental plans. It cost approx $40-60 more on my monthly premium to add him to health & maybe $10 more a month for dental. The GREAT thing though is that I was also able to change my number of deductions on my tax withholding from 1 (myself) to 2. That REALLY helped my paycheck. Even with the increase in premium costs, I'm now bringing home about $200 more a month with him as my additional withholding deduction so there's something to consider.

Timeline

Coincidentally he was supposed to make a run today to that store and guess who would have been going instead if he did not get his license yesterday? :yes:

BTW I have an SUV so text or call me if you need help this wknd with moving. I can fit some stuff in there if I fold the chairs down.

we have rented a uhaul so we don't need a truck but we aren't turning down any muscles so if you have any of those bring it! LOL

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
I have flown AA to Jamaica before - no issues at all

Same here...with the exception of usually a few minor delays. Mostly very few problems. I fly them because from the West Coast, they tend to have the cheapest fares and I've gotten really used to my Miami layovers where I can drink Pina Coladas & take a nap before the flight.

LOL...Garfield is at Mobay Hope sweating bullets because he is soooooooooo afraid of needles.

What is with our men being such babies about needles? :lol:

Without going into too much personal detail, Steven & I made the mistake of answering the questions ("Raise your hand if you ___") and were on the receiving end of a bit of judgment a few times. For example, they asked who (out of 30 or so there) drinks. Why was I the ONLY person to raise my hand??? Knowing good & well that I was not the only person there who drinks. The presenter made a comment about how people say the only have one drink, but one turns into 4 or 5. In my mind, I was like, "Or, one stays at one!"

It reminded me of when we had these two new hires who are Muslim. They'd never go to Happy Hours with other new hires cause people drank at them. They seemed to equate drinking with being drunk. That was the same attitude I detected from a couple of people at the workshop. It's like some people don't get that there are several levels between having one or two drinks and being drunk; the two are not equivalent.

We know for the next 3 sessions to lay low, like a few of the couples already knew to do on Saturday.

What's ironic about that, Nat, is I know several people who have tired some sort of group counseling and said the same thing. Basically, they felt judged so they stayed quiet. That's kind of sad....that people have to be that judgemental....Counseling is supposed to be about opening up and learning about yourself through others.

Sorry, girl. Hope you get out of it what you want to get out of it.

That's the same thing I was thinking JG. Counseling should be about not having that judgment so you're free to really discover some things. That's too bad that it's not really serving the purpose it's supposed to be.

My name is JaEnglish and I am a Yoville addict.

I neglect all my messageboards, friends and family since I started playing a month ago. I will seek help.

:rofl: I understand English! But I finally weened myself from most of the apps that had me obsessive. Now I don't accept any cause I don't want to be that preoccupied again.

smiley_peek.gif

mi still welcome in yah? :blush:

How unno do?

What mi miss??

Whe mi frien finesse deh? How di belly?

Jamaica soon come!! yippie.gifAn mi noh know what name work today :whistle::innocent:

Hi Princess! :rofl::rofl: @ ya nuh knoa what name work tiday! :yes::yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know about filing an I-130 for children? I'm trying to get an idea of the timeline for filing an I-130. I want to file for my stepchildren and it's my understanding that the I-130 process is about six months. What happens after the I-130 is approved? Does the process then go to NVC for a visa?

I'm thinking back to when I filed the I-129 for my husband. I know that after the approved petition went to NVC, he had to go through the visa process at the Kingston embassy, which took a long time. Is that the same process that the children will go through, including the packets received from the embassy and the DS form?

The reason for asking is that I'm trying to time the children's arrival for summer, between school years if I can. Can anyone tell me about the process after I-130? Thanks.

I sent you a PM jlvr

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus; I have a better name dan baby mother...but they may ban me from the board if I type it

I know some women are just jealous; again, it depends on the circumstances I mean...if I find out dat my man lef mi fi a next ooman mi naw go freely mek my pickeny go weh wid im n im ooman (u mad)...is dat selfish (maybe)...but a fi mi decision...some of these ladies turn their feelings into straight hate and war but try to look at it on the other side. Forget about the foolishness for a second and say this woman is leveled -- it's still going to be hard (worse) if dem have hate fi the father and the new ooman... I have a hard time letting my son go on the weekend and we in the same state...(yes, call mi madooman) cause a me dat...

I agree with you completely about having a better name than that - But trying to be PC, I stick to baby mother - Egg donor would also work -

There are many different circumstances, and different situations - I see your point, but the children should be the priority - no matter what, no matter how the situation, they need to come first.

100% agree!!! its not about you, the husband/wife or other parent! its about what's best for the child!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

Whoa!! Some hot topic must be going on today. This is the most chatter in 3 hours that I've seen in a while.

Guess I'll wait until after work to catch up.

Note to self: Start here.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.