sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone here used a crate for their dog? I am having some issues here. I know that they are great for potty training and when you are away from the house. But, this poor dog has been locked in a cage for the last 4 months. I am loathe to do it to her anymore. Humane Society recommends it.

Thinking of getting baby gates/closing doors and confining her to my kitchen and dining room which are both tile floors and open and sunny.

Give me some opinions here.

I don't have an opinion on this as I am not an animal lover..BUT if you need one I have a friend that is giving one away. Let me know.

Considering it.

How big is it, Dillon?

BTW, I am still free on Saturday if you want me to help.

Anyone here used a crate for their dog? I am having some issues here. I know that they are great for potty training and when you are away from the house. But, this poor dog has been locked in a cage for the last 4 months. I am loathe to do it to her anymore. Humane Society recommends it.

Thinking of getting baby gates/closing doors and confining her to my kitchen and dining room which are both tile floors and open and sunny.

i have potty/crate trained 3 dogs in my life and all have worked out great. i think that there is no other effective way to potty train a dog. Most dogs end up liking the crate because it is a safe place...kind of like their den. never use it for punishment.

my current dog who i have had for 5 years (and got him when he was 3 months) used the crate for about a year and a half...once he was potty trained and when i could trust that he wouldn't chew up shyt i let him have free range of the house..

trust me, you will be sorry if you don't crate him/her...

I am just so torn, Finesse.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is pretty good size. She had it for her Chocolate lab and Marley fits in it just fine. LOL! Just let me know and if you want to help I will be happy for it. :D

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
It is pretty good size. She had it for her Chocolate lab and Marley fits in it just fine. LOL! Just let me know and if you want to help I will be happy for it. :D

I will take it. How do I go about getting it? If it doesn't work out, I'll give it back or pass it on to someone else if she wants.

Well, I'll explain Saturday; but I actually need the diversion. You can have me all day Saturday and even Sunday if need be. I would love to help you. Just tell me when and where to be and I'll be there. I have a jeep Cherokee so I can put some smaller stuff in my car if you want too.

Whoa, Dillon..........comment passed me by..........you put Marley in a cage????????????? Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Okay great JG and I can get you the crate this week or on Saturday if you can wait until then. I will PM you my address for Saturday. Can't wait to see you and thanks for helping!

And I didn't put her in the cage she went in it herself....

My friend just told me the crate is getting picked up today...if that doesn't happen I will let you know.

Edited by dillon

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi yardies! :star:

mi gone again

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Okay great JG and I can get you the crate this week or on Saturday if you can wait until then. I will PM you my address for Saturday. Can't wait to see you and thanks for helping!

My friend just told me the crate is getting picked up today...if that doesn't happen I will let you know.

Damn, Indian Giver!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't have an opinion on this as I am not an animal lover..BUT if you need one I have a friend that is giving one away. Let me know.

Considering it.

How big is it, Dillon?

i have potty/crate trained 3 dogs in my life and all have worked out great. i think that there is no other effective way to potty train a dog. Most dogs end up liking the crate because it is a safe place...kind of like their den. never use it for punishment.

my current dog who i have had for 5 years (and got him when he was 3 months) used the crate for about a year and a half...once he was potty trained and when i could trust that he wouldn't chew up shyt i let him have free range of the house..

is the dog potty trained? it is not forever....just until you can get a sense of what the dog is capable of. dogs can do some serious damage....especially ones having any kind of separation anxiety from you when you are gone. put the crate somewhere comfortable....not like in the basement or back hall

when i crate trained my dog, i would pack one of those kong toys with peanut butter. as soon as he heard me opening the jar of pb in the morning before i left for work...he would fly into that crate so fast...it was hilarious. still to this day, i can get that dog to do anything with a little peanut butter..

Timeline
Gosh, what a weekend I had.

Friday went to this little theatre to see one of my favorite bands. Had one good local opener band and one really awful band from Chicago. It was so fun.

Saturday I went and looked for a dog at the humane society. Fell in love with one, bonded and everything. Just as we were checking out, found out she hasn't been agression tested.....where they take away their food, put them with other pets, grab at their toys, whatever. When I was in the room with her, I was taking away her toys and rough housing with her and she was fine. Anyhow, she's on hold for me and if she passes the testing, she is mine. I was sad to leave without her.

Gave out candy and then went to my favorite local bar Saturday night. I got to be a judge in the costume contest.

Yesterday, I went out on my first hunt where I shot at at live creatures. Had a pretty good shot on a squirrel; but missed. Tree branches in the way messed me up. I did end up hitting a paper plate target and some corn cobs. It was so nice to just be out in the woods walking in the fresh SUNNY day for hours. I had to take a nap, slept like a log last night, and today I'm sore as hell. Cannot wait to go out again.

Hope everyone had a really nice weekend.

Sounds like you really had fun!

Sounds like a fun weekend, JG - what kind of dog?

Friday we went to see my friends play - Islandwoman came down, so she had her 1st Anthem experience - Sat night we went to a party and drank way more than we should have, but had a fun crazy night! Sunday we went to the diner, then I took her to the international market - Headed home and attempted to do homework, but didn't make much progress cause my brain was still suffering from the alcohol, lol

Lol

Timeline

Considering it.

How big is it, Dillon?

is the dog potty trained? it is not forever....just until you can get a sense of what the dog is capable of. dogs can do some serious damage....especially ones having any kind of separation anxiety from you when you are gone. put the crate somewhere comfortable....not like in the basement or back hall

when i crate trained my dog, i would pack one of those kong toys with peanut butter. as soon as he heard me opening the jar of pb in the morning before i left for work...he would fly into that crate so fast...it was hilarious. still to this day, i can get that dog to do anything with a little peanut butter..

She's 2. So, she was. But, being in that humane society cage for the last 4 months may have undone it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

LOL, my youngest nephew loves the crate - He climbs in, says he's playing in Teaghan's cave -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Damn, Indian Giver!!!!!

LOL I know..I didn't know she put it up on freecycle. Well if they don't show up she said it was yours.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Ladies!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

If you get a minute can you go here and vote for Tierra... Its a local Newspaper contest. She was chosen to be a "weather kid" and now whoever gets the most votes gets a "spooktacular" prize! LOL THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/halloween_photos.html

Go Tierra!!!

I voted, hope it not to late, I wasnt on here on the weekend

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon Yardies!!

Good morning everyone! :star:

[MsTee as soon as it turns November 1st I will be bursting at the seams..You only have a few more days left until your boo gets here. Are you ready?

Well start busting its November!!!

Dada Im BUSTING girl :dance::dance::dance: Im on count down...14 more days to our Interview :dance::dance:

Im good... Have a burst of happiness! Also Nov 1st marked my 21st YEAR at my job!!! 5 weeks vacation wooooooooooooo hooooooooooo! :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations!!!! Can a borrow a couple of days?? :innocent:

Good morning everyone! :star:

[MsTee as soon as it turns November 1st I will be bursting at the seams..You only have a few more days left until your boo gets here. Are you ready?

Well start busting its November!!!

Dada Im BUSTING girl :dance::dance::dance: Im on count down...14 more days to our Interview :dance::dance:

Im good... Have a burst of happiness! Also Nov 1st marked my 21st YEAR at my job!!! 5 weeks vacation wooooooooooooo hooooooooooo! :dance::dance::dance:

21 years… Congrats Ms Tee. If I have stay put on a job for five years I'll be happy. Next year I move up to three weeks vacation and I already have it planned plus I'm buying a week so that will put me at four. Some people on my job thinks its too much to buy vacation but I don’t, anything I can do to be around this office a little less I'll do.

GOOD MORNING FB FAMILY! I just want to say that God is soooo GOOD! I am still in awe that I'm walking around the house and my husband is here! For those of you who know my story, you know that it has been a ridiculously long and stressful journey. And so many of you on here were so supportive of me, and I just want to say THANK YOU to those of have always provided words of encouragement to me when I needed them most. I'm beginning to enter the "next phase" of this journey, and I so look forward to doing so. I will still be up here laughing and joking, providing words and wisdom when I can to help those that are still going through this process. I don't know what I would have done without this board. I (L) you guys so much!

Tamisha

Congratulations!! And may you have many more happy days together.

We had a fun weekend, too.

Friday - Good Hair

Saturday - Pre-Marital workshop. Later, free burrito @ Chipotle's since we wore foil

Sunday - Comedy Club

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.