sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I am on my couch recouping from a long long night - We had a blast, a bit too much to drink - and somehow Island and I ended the night with a roomful of Jamaican men speaking patwah and listening to Movado and Vibes Cartel - to which I fell asleep! :help: Lots of fun though!

Mamajew, I know it's hard dealing with your mom's issues - she is going to have them, until she gets to know him and sees you together - You have to try to understand that it is coming from her love and concern for you and her need to try to protect you - she doesn't realize that it is hurtful = What you have to do is live your life for you and make you happy = as she sees your life progress, she will accept it when she sees that it was the right choice for you - it just takes time. Trust me, I know it's hard to deal with, but it will work out in the end. The best way to put aside the negative talk is to have a happy life and stand the test of time - that will prove that her fears and concerns were wrong.

Preach sista Sus!!!! Amen!

mstee, where will the honeymoon be?

My father has a timeshare in the Poconos, so he is giving it to us for 1 week.

Hi everyone!

I am on my couch recouping from a long long night - We had a blast, a bit too much to drink - and somehow Island and I ended the night with a roomful of Jamaican men speaking patwah and listening to Movado and Vibes Cartel - to which I fell asleep! :help: Lots of fun though!

Mamajew, I know it's hard dealing with your mom's issues - she is going to have them, until she gets to know him and sees you together - You have to try to understand that it is coming from her love and concern for you and her need to try to protect you - she doesn't realize that it is hurtful = What you have to do is live your life for you and make you happy = as she sees your life progress, she will accept it when she sees that it was the right choice for you - it just takes time. Trust me, I know it's hard to deal with, but it will work out in the end. The best way to put aside the negative talk is to have a happy life and stand the test of time - that will prove that her fears and concerns were wrong.

Preach sista Sus!!!! Amen!

mstee, where will the honeymoon be?

My father has a timeshare in the Poconos, so he is giving it to us for 1 week.

It has a full kitchen and a hot tub... Woooooooooo Hooooooooo

Oh, tell me its one of those champagne glass shaped hot tubs.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone! :star:

[MsTee as soon as it turns November 1st I will be bursting at the seams..You only have a few more days left until your boo gets here. Are you ready?

Well start busting its November!!!

Dada Im BUSTING girl :dance::dance::dance: Im on count down...14 more days to our Interview :dance::dance:

Im good... Have a burst of happiness! Also Nov 1st marked my 21st YEAR at my job!!! 5 weeks vacation wooooooooooooo hooooooooooo! :dance::dance::dance:

Thank you its a blessing :)

Rock on MsTee....Congrats on your 21st year on the job... :thumbs:

Timeline
GOOD MORNING FB FAMILY! I just want to say that God is soooo GOOD! I am still in awe that I'm walking around the house and my husband is here! For those of you who know my story, you know that it has been a ridiculously long and stressful journey. And so many of you on here were so supportive of me, and I just want to say THANK YOU to those of have always provided words of encouragement to me when I needed them most. I'm beginning to enter the "next phase" of this journey, and I so look forward to doing so. I will still be up here laughing and joking, providing words and wisdom when I can to help those that are still going through this process. I don't know what I would have done without this board. I (L) you guys so much!

Tamisha

Enjoy Mrs. P!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

One more day for mstee's sexy party!! woo hoo!!

jg - i saw on the weather channel this morning that st louis was the wettest place in the US for October...by far

who knows about refurbished phones? we seem to be having a phone problem in our house....we are always losing one or breaking one. i have tmobile..

Timeline
Morning, All!

Im good... Have a burst of happiness! Also Nov 1st marked my 21st YEAR at my job!!! 5 weeks vacation wooooooooooooo hooooooooooo! :dance::dance::dance:

That's awesome! Will you have a problem using it? That's what happens at my job a lot. The people with only 2 or 3 weeks wish they had more; the people with 4-6 weeks have trouble using it all. I'm like, give it to ME!

No problem using it at all. I have to use some of it for school purposes like when Im teaching in the class. My job is pretty nice about letting me have a flex schedule...Its a medium sized family business so it works.

GOOD MORNING FB FAMILY! I just want to say that God is soooo GOOD! I am still in awe that I'm walking around the house and my husband is here! For those of you who know my story, you know that it has been a ridiculously long and stressful journey. And so many of you on here were so supportive of me, and I just want to say THANK YOU to those of have always provided words of encouragement to me when I needed them most. I'm beginning to enter the "next phase" of this journey, and I so look forward to doing so. I will still be up here laughing and joking, providing words and wisdom when I can to help those that are still going through this process. I don't know what I would have done without this board. I (L) you guys so much!

Tamisha

Awwwwwww Tamisha, Im SO happy for you! :dance::dance:

Timeline
Oh, tell me its one of those champagne glass shaped hot tubs.

No its not, just a quaint lil hot tub, I hope he'll fit in it :rofl:

jg - i saw on the weather channel this morning that st louis was the wettest place in the US for October...by far

who knows about refurbished phones? we seem to be having a phone problem in our house....we are always losing one or breaking one. i have tmobile..

They suck thats why, I just got finish battling with tmobile...

Timeline

Tamisha

Congrats MrsP :dance:

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

I have bought several phones off Ebay - just look for unlocked ones, they will work with your service - Just got a really cool one, kinda like an I-phone that ships from Japan for free - brand new, around $60

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

This has to be true! I think it rained every single day. Although it is nice and sunny today..hopefuylly November will be the sunniest month by far!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS! :dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

BTW Morning yardies :star:

@ MrsP t4526.gif

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Thank you so much!!!! :star:

Timeline

October sucked. 2 days into November and it's been bright and sunny. Go figure!

I have a refurbished blackberry and so does my son. We paid $49 for one and $59 for the other. No issues so far. Have had them about a year.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Gosh, what a weekend I had.

Friday went to this little theatre to see one of my favorite bands. Had one good local opener band and one really awful band from Chicago. It was so fun.

Saturday I went and looked for a dog at the humane society. Fell in love with one, bonded and everything. Just as we were checking out, found out she hasn't been agression tested.....where they take away their food, put them with other pets, grab at their toys, whatever. When I was in the room with her, I was taking away her toys and rough housing with her and she was fine. Anyhow, she's on hold for me and if she passes the testing, she is mine. I was sad to leave without her.

Gave out candy and then went to my favorite local bar Saturday night. I got to be a judge in the costume contest.

Yesterday, I went out on my first hunt where I shot at at live creatures. Had a pretty good shot on a squirrel; but missed. Tree branches in the way messed me up. I did end up hitting a paper plate target and some corn cobs. It was so nice to just be out in the woods walking in the fresh SUNNY day for hours. I had to take a nap, slept like a log last night, and today I'm sore as hell. Cannot wait to go out again.

Hope everyone had a really nice weekend.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.