Timeline

good morning everyone

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Yardies.....Whats for Breakfast?

I hadn't even thought of it, I am having my coffee though! :)

good morning everyone

Hey Jess, did you book a ticket yet?

Maple bacon and blueberry pancakes! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone. First, I would like to thank everyone who commented on my post. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means a lot to me. Second, I talked to my mom in a RESPECTFUL way and let her know that what she did was not cool and that she is going to have to let me learn this lesson for myself.

Again thank you all. I still feel hurt by what she did and still can't bring myself to actually talk to her other than our last conversation. But with time I guess we both with come around.

Thanks Aagin.

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am on my couch recouping from a long long night - We had a blast, a bit too much to drink - and somehow Island and I ended the night with a roomful of Jamaican men speaking patwah and listening to Movado and Vibes Cartel - to which I fell asleep! :help: Lots of fun though!

Mamajew, I know it's hard dealing with your mom's issues - she is going to have them, until she gets to know him and sees you together - You have to try to understand that it is coming from her love and concern for you and her need to try to protect you - she doesn't realize that it is hurtful = What you have to do is live your life for you and make you happy = as she sees your life progress, she will accept it when she sees that it was the right choice for you - it just takes time. Trust me, I know it's hard to deal with, but it will work out in the end. The best way to put aside the negative talk is to have a happy life and stand the test of time - that will prove that her fears and concerns were wrong.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Good afternoon everyone. First, I would like to thank everyone who commented on my post. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means a lot to me. Second, I talked to my mom in a RESPECTFUL way and let her know that what she did was not cool and that she is going to have to let me learn this lesson for myself.

Again thank you all. I still feel hurt by what she did and still can't bring myself to actually talk to her other than our last conversation. But with time I guess we both with come around.

Thanks Aagin.

Good for you mama! I know you feel hurt but I think deep down inside she was just doing what she thought was in your best interest. You are lucky to still have a mom who cares so much about her child (yes even as an adult yourself) I often wish my mom was around because she always used to tell me she didn't want to meet any of my boyfriends unless I was with them longer than 6 months! lol... She wouldve have been proud of me because my fiance and I have been together now for 1 year and 4 months! :star: So let some time heal your relationship and try to work through what she did to you. Time heals all wounds and you will start to have a better relationship with her.

My father and I didn't always have a good relationship, but now that someone is taking me off his hands... :rofl: he is so accepting and very eager to help us in anyway he can. He is paying for our reception and honeymoon. Im not supposed to know that he is throwing us a family dinner this Saturday, but my brother has loose lips lol and boy can my dad cook!!!! Im looking forward to the family meeting him even though they are crazy! lol...

I hope this helped some! (L)

Timeline

mstee, where will the honeymoon be?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Hi everyone!

I am on my couch recouping from a long long night - We had a blast, a bit too much to drink - and somehow Island and I ended the night with a roomful of Jamaican men speaking patwah and listening to Movado and Vibes Cartel - to which I fell asleep! :help: Lots of fun though!

Mamajew, I know it's hard dealing with your mom's issues - she is going to have them, until she gets to know him and sees you together - You have to try to understand that it is coming from her love and concern for you and her need to try to protect you - she doesn't realize that it is hurtful = What you have to do is live your life for you and make you happy = as she sees your life progress, she will accept it when she sees that it was the right choice for you - it just takes time. Trust me, I know it's hard to deal with, but it will work out in the end. The best way to put aside the negative talk is to have a happy life and stand the test of time - that will prove that her fears and concerns were wrong.

Preach sista Sus!!!! Amen!

My father has a timeshare in the Poconos, so he is giving it to us for 1 week.

Hi everyone!

Preach sista Sus!!!! Amen!

My father has a timeshare in the Poconos, so he is giving it to us for 1 week.

It has a full kitchen and a hot tub... Woooooooooo Hooooooooo

Timeline
Do you ever get to the point where you are so stressed you feel as though you are about to have a BREAK down :crying: ? If so what do you to relieve the stress?

DaDa,

I been this way the last few day. I honestly have been doing alot of crying and praying, I am very overwhelmed at the moment. However I know I do not post alot on here but I have to say to everyone on here you all are very helpful in lifting my spirits throughout the day.

Well girl it looks like in 6 days you'll be stress free. At least for a momment.... So hang in there some piece of mind is right around the corner fi yuh...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Yardies.....Whats for Breakfast?

I hadn't even thought of it, I am having my coffee though! :)

good morning everyone

Hey Jess, did you book a ticket yet?

Maple bacon and blueberry pancakes! :star:

yes ticket is booked

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Do you ever get to the point where you are so stressed you feel as though you are about to have a BREAK down :crying: ? If so what do you to relieve the stress?

Take a break from the moment and do something for you. Go for a walk, go to a movie alone, go dancing, anything to change the pace and take a breather. Listen to your Spirit and Body...I see too many people weekly on my psych unit who did not listen to their body and end up here due to a nervous breakdown. PM me please if you need to talk or vent.

Aww (((hugs))) Shaunsgal thanks for the love I really appreciate it to the fullest!!! I did just that on Friday I went out with some friends had some drinks, danced and cut the freak up and then today I went to the movies and saw Couples Retreat and Law Abiding Citizen. I had a good time.

Timeline
I know I don't post much, mostly just searching to find information. But I need some help with this thing. My mom doesn't like my fiance. She doesn't like the idea that he will be coming here to live with me and he won't have a job or U. S. Citizenship. Why did this lady give one of her co-workers my phone number, trying to hook us up? Know that I am engaged. My fiance and I have talked about him coming and me having to support him time after time, and we both are ok with that. But he does know that he will have to get a job once he gets his EAD. Cause I do not plan on running the household by myself. Anyway. I feel so hurt and betrayed by my mother!!

I am the baby girl I understand that. But I am not a child anymore. I am 28 and doing big things. But that was just wrong of her. I understand she is looking out for my best interest. But DAMN, that was taking it too far.

Has anyone else had to go through this? Can anyone offer some advise?

HELP Please. I feel like cursing her out I am so mad. But I can't do that cause she is my mother. UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

I know your hurt but your mom is just being a mom. The reason why I think the VJ board is the best, is because its woman or men who are going through the same thing. Loving someone from another country. I strongly believe that if you have never walked in these shoes you’ll never understand it all. Your mom just doesn’t understand and that is because she has most likely heard more horror stories then good so she is just looking out for your best interest or so she thinks. She just loves you is all. I say just firmly tell her that your in love with your fiancé and please respect you and do not do that again.

All you can do is hope and pray that once she sees how determined you are she’ll calm down.

Best of luck.

Timeline
Aww (((hugs))) Shaunsgal thanks for the love I really appreciate it to the fullest!!! I did just that on Friday I went out with some friends had some drinks, danced and cut the freak up and then today I went to the movies and saw Couples Retreat and Law Abiding Citizen. I had a good time.

What did you think of Couples Retreat? We saw that a few weeks ago.

Friday, we saw Chris Rock's "Good Hair." I enjoyed it, but would like a part 2 that focuses on natural hair.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
[MsTee as soon as it turns November 1st I will be bursting at the seams..You only have a few more days left until your boo gets here. Are you ready?

Well start busting its November!!!

Dada Im BUSTING girl :dance::dance::dance: Im on count down...14 more days to our Interview :dance::dance:

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.