sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Do you ever get to the point where you are so stressed you feel as though you are about to have a BREAK down :crying: ? If so what do you to relieve the stress?

Have a drink and forget for a moment...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Do you ever get to the point where you are so stressed you feel as though you are about to have a BREAK down :crying: ? If so what do you to relieve the stress?

I feel that way sometimes and my cure is to Take a drink and go to bed with my remote

Remote to the TV or remote for certain gadgets?? :rofl:

Timeline

I feel that way sometimes and my cure is to Take a drink and go to bed with my remote

Remote to the TV or remote for certain gadgets?? :rofl:

LOL..LOL..LOL for the TV

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

whoop the first persons azz that looks at me sideways...

Finesse yuh one mad ooman... lol

Go get a massage or do something relaxing. Have a nice dinner alone.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

whoop the first persons azz that looks at me sideways...

Finesse you are so diplomatic lol

Timeline
Good morning everyone.... I gave much thought to it after Nat's comment so my fiance and I decided on 12/26 @ 12:00. I called the wedding salon this morning and booked it...So there it is. Im not really happy about the date at all..Too many things happen in the month of Dec and now I feel rushed and overwhelmed, very pressured.. but I guess financially it will be worth it.. *sigh*

Aww. I will clarify that my advice was to have your ceremony whenever you want, & just do the legal part in 2009. No guests even have to know if you did Justice of the Peace in Dec and at the ceremony, have a preacher or whoever.

Sleep

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Morning, All

Yesterday my supervisor IM'd me to say that he heard we're getting tons of rain, so work from home if conditions are bad. So I brought my laptop home & mentally prepared to be here all day.

But I woke up to find ZERO weather-related reason to stay at home. Do I go in? Or work from home anyway?

to Heaven,Nat and Mstee no matter what you choose for your wedding just know that its the vows that matter not the setting or the guests :thumbs:

I agree! We're actually getting married a few days before the reception. Your post reminds me about the vows... Trying to decide if we'll go with the default or write personal ones.

Morning!

I would stay home if I were you! :)

For vows, since my Aunt married us, she asked to e-mail her how we felt about one another without telling each other what we wrote. I could never have said my vows so she read them to us at the ceremony. Man, I bawled the whole time! :)

She turned them into our vows. It was so nice.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Dada... I SURE DO!! I feel overwhelmed alot of the time. I cry - I cry alot, it makes me feel better. If you feel like crying just do it.

I like to spend time with my best friend too. She helps out alot, we go out, have some drinks, dance... relieve some stress.

Try to take it one day at a time, when I look to far ahead at the big picture... it freaks me out.

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

No Nat, its okay because you actually helped me to see the benefit of doing it in 2009. Im a pretty rational person and you gave me rational "sound" advice. I will get over it being in December, the point is, its not the ceremony that makes us, its the marriage! The wedding salon I am allowed 24 guests, which is mostly my immediate family and a few friends, a couple of VJ people. My friends said they want to be there to make sure I go through with it :rofl: When I talked with my fiance he was estatic about the date so if it makes him happy, it makes me happy!!! after today we have 3 days until his arrival.. I can't wait.

I am meeting up with one of the VJ'ers tomorrow so it should be a nice time together. Fish fry tonight and Football on Sunday! So this weekend should be wonderful.

Thank you guys (L)

Timeline
Morning!

I would stay home if I were you! :)

For vows, since my Aunt married us, she asked to e-mail her how we felt about one another without telling each other what we wrote. I could never have said my vows so she read them to us at the ceremony. Man, I bawled the whole time! :)

She turned them into our vows. It was so nice.

That is too precious!

I've been working from home so far, but know that I'd get WAY more done in 5 hrs at the office this afternoon, compared to 5 hrs at home. My office setup is more conducive to working - dual screen monitors, ergonomic chair & keyboard, etc. When we get a house (in a year), I'll definitely ensure I have space for a proper office setup.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Good advice ladies...I need to take it becaue I have been feeling really overwhelmed. I know it is going to get better but right now with moving, work, kids, school, doctors....I need a break. Doesn't help that it has been raining for days and the grey weather is making me feel blahhh too.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

DaDa,

I been this way the last few day. I honestly have been doing alot of crying and praying, I am very overwhelmed at the moment. However I know I do not post alot on here but I have to say to everyone on here you all are very helpful in lifting my spirits throughout the day.

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

I don't wish stress or overwhelming times on anyone... but its also a little comforting to know I am not the only one on the verge! :)

We will all get through it!!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Good advice ladies...I need to take it becaue I have been feeling really overwhelmed. I know it is going to get better but right now with moving, work, kids, school, doctors....I need a break. Doesn't help that it has been raining for days and the grey weather is making me feel blahhh too.

I hope you find peace and downtime Dills, we all need it sometimes!

DaDa,

I been this way the last few day. I honestly have been doing alot of crying and praying, I am very overwhelmed at the moment. However I know I do not post alot on here but I have to say to everyone on here you all are very helpful in lifting my spirits throughout the day.

Its gonna be okay! Yes, it is comforting to know we have each other to lean upon! : :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.