sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MsTee thats great

I wish my parents could have been at my wedding but only my sisters and cousins came to Jamaica.

At my housewarming this weekend my best friend and maid of honor said, my husband kept telling my mom I wish we could just rewind that date so you could see how beautiful your daughter was.

Edited by Jamerican Queen

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning, everyone!

Anyone familiar with 7 Habits of Highly Effective People?

So I live by that book (a bit), but yesterday, I found it MUCH more effective to disregard Habit #3: Put First Things First. I had 1 very important task that would take a couple of hours to do, and about 10 lesser important tasks that took 10-20 minutes each. According to Habit 3, I should've completed the most important item first. But I KNEW that item would get done, as it was to put together a presentation for this morning. And I knew I'd feel more overwhelmed with 10 items remaining near the end of the day than with 1 item remaining near the end of the day. So I spent 3 straight hours wiping out the 10 lesser important tasks first. It feels SO GOOD to me to check off tasks. And I got the important task done, too, by coming in early this morning to finish.

For those unfamiliar, the 7 habits are:

1) Be proactive

2) Begin with the end in mind

3) Put first things first

4) Think win-win

5) Seek first to understand, then to be understood

6) Synergize

7) Sharpen the saw

Hey Nat I have this book! I think its time to break it out again thanks girl :thumbs:

Hubby and I are planning a 2 day Halloween party at home with the boys with scary movies, treats and I'm dressing up the cats ( Hush I know I'm crazy).

:blink: I concur with your self-assessment. :lol:

:rofl:

hey yardies

philly that's great news about your boys

God heard your cries

what yuh dressing up the cats as?

Hey Bunz Waving, I know you got my email LOL nuh kill me plz

Yes God is good all the time!

Well I am getting the new kitty she is all black and long hair from Mrs Bootsy tomorrow her name is Fudgums ( don't laugh LOL) . I also want to take one of the brothers from the litter but I don't want Hancock the Dagger Master to freak out as they do when they are no longer the alpha male but we shall see ( plus Hubby says no more PUS inna deh house but he is allowing the female) . I cannot resist an all black cat and he is so cute I named him Darkness I want him so bad!

The kitty Costumes are still in the works Mrs Bootsy and I are working on them tonight she is into crafts and does it every year LOL. All I know is I want to see Hancock the Dagger Master in some leather pants :rofl:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Not in Philly, Philly lol.. in Delaware County, PA @ Yerkies on Baltimore Pk., why would you like to come?

You know I will be there with Bells on repping the VJ Yardies! There used to be a Yerkies in Mt Airy is this an additional location or did they move?

****ROC VSC****

I just called the wedding salon where I live to find out some info. Its looking like Jan 30th for our wedding date...

Aww shucks I say wait one more day and have a Feb wedding.... :whistle: I just love that month!!!

Yup, mine too my Bday month Dada and our anniversary is on Valentines day I can't wait to renew our vows (L)

ok off to lunch so busy forgot to eat now I'm starving LOL

****ROC VSC****

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Im doing something simple but we will be having our formal wedding next year in JA

That's what I THOUGHT I would be doing, but my aunts & mother have turned this year into a big event, too. I'm not tripping, though, as long as they pay for this year AND next.

I'm just paying for my [special event] dress, punch, & cake.

The only thing that saved me is that my sister just got married in August and my step-father is having his 70 B'day in February. So I can get away with the Justice of the Peace. My daughters want a big event so we will do that next December. I found my dress already and im looking for bridesmaids dresses now.

Im doing something simple but we will be having our formal wedding next year in JA

That's what I THOUGHT I would be doing, but my aunts & mother have turned this year into a big event, too. I'm not tripping, though, as long as they pay for this year AND next.

I'm just paying for my [special event] dress, punch, & cake.

The only thing that is saving me from a big wedding is that my sister just got married in August and my step-father is having his 70 B'day in February. So I can get away with the Justice of the Peace. My daughters want a big event so we will do that next December. I found my dress already and im looking for bridesmaids dresses now.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline
I just called the wedding salon where I live to find out some info. Its looking like Jan 30th for our wedding date...

Congrats on your wedding date, how exciting! Are you having the ceremony in Philly?

congrats mstee on your wedding date...it will be here before you know it.

LadyC congrats on setting your date too. Are you going to have a christmas theme (color) wedding?

That's nice Lady C do you have a location planned in JA?

Hey Portland...did she take your step daughter to the interview?

That's what I want to know, what a bag of stress dealing with that BM!!!

HELLO!!!!! (As I bang the computer..) Is anyone out there??? Man its been more than a hour since someone has posted something. :wow: That is so hard to beleive. I take it everyone is on FB.... Man I never thought I would see the day when VJ was this dead.... :huh:

i bet in 2 months that no one will even be on here anymore....cuz di place boring tuh rass!!!!!!!

OH No don't say that.! I think everyone is really occupied right now, we are all on FB though LOL come join the party :devil: Finesse!

Philly im looking at the RIU in MoBay they have a great deal

oMQjm5.png

AOS

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HELLO!!!!! (As I bang the computer..) Is anyone out there??? Man its been more than a hour since someone has posted something. :wow: That is so hard to beleive. I take it everyone is on FB.... Man I never thought I would see the day when VJ was this dead.... :huh:

i bet in 2 months that no one will even be on here anymore....cuz di place boring tuh rass!!!!!!!

:help::crying: Then that means I would have to do work at work....

Timeline

Do you think it's worth it to do Justice of the Peace before the end of the year to get the extra $$, then still have your wedding on Jan 30?

I thought that in order to do that, the person has to live with you 6 months or more before you can claim them as a dependent?

Timeline

Do you think it's worth it to do Justice of the Peace before the end of the year to get the extra $$, then still have your wedding on Jan 30?

I thought that in order to do that, the person has to live with you 6 months or more before you can claim them as a dependent?

I think as longs as you are married before 12/31 you are considered married all year

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

I think as longs as you are married before 12/31 you are considered married all year

Yes MsTee I just check the IRS website. Whatever your status is on 12/31/09 that is how you file.

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aww shucks I say wait one more day and have a Feb wedding.... :whistle: I just love that month!!!

Yup, mine too my Bday month Dada and our anniversary is on Valentines day I can't wait to renew our vows (L)

ok off to lunch so busy forgot to eat now I'm starving LOL

Philly are you still renewing them in JA?

Philly im looking at the RIU in MoBay they have a great deal

I peeked in on a wedding when I was there this past Feb. It was ncie. The property is really pretty.

Timeline

hello ladies just stopping in for a minute. thanks you all for the well wishes . i can't believe it's been a year since i have been on here going through the visa process and hoping that i would get an interview date. now i am here a mother of 2 and have been in the states since last year december.

OK who should i congratulate on their successful interview,wedding or engagement.? sorry i didn't catch up so i am in the dark.

Timeline

Yes MsTee I just check the IRS website. Whatever your status is on 12/31/09 that is how you file.

I'm glad you looked it up. I was about to... Cause I'd be TOO heartbroken if I don't get back the amount I'm expecting.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I just went through this ####### with tmobile for instance. This is the 4th phone I have with them I had to exchange it 4 times now...the 3rd time, they accused me of wetting the phone. Why would I wet a phone knowing that it voids the warranty on it? I wrote a professional letter to them, picked a lawyer out the phone book and wrote to them. They were "trying" to charge me 100.00 on my bill. The also replaced the battery. Also, they gave me a "customer loyalty" plan since Ive been with them for awhile which I accept a month ago. I asked them how is it that I can be loyal and pay my bill, but they can't be "loyal" and give me a phone that works? I said "Doesn't your phone work?", I wish mine did! They have since taken the 100.00 off my bill... My phone still doesn't work but I will follow protocol, take it to a Tmobile store and have them test it, demand a new phone, different manufacturer. You just have to be persistant!

Which phone are you having prob's with? I have t-mobile and had the red blackberry first but took it back because of problems and the tech said the "red one" was notoriously having problems.......

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.