sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We booked our room in ATL so let me know if you are coming down.

I'll be down definitely! I will need to get out from under my overprotective brother's thumb and have some fun. Gotta work a day with Jawi but I will let you gals know.

I'm ready to go now.... lol

Me too!!!! I need to get out of this daymn cold and wear my flip flops again.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah, the furneal was great, lots of rain Sunday morning but it ended in time for the funeral and it did not rain by the grave site, Thank god, cause that red dirt was crazy..

Drove by my step-daughter house twice on my way downtown, but never got to see her.

What's the most anyone paid for 1 shot at the medical?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think a big part of it is definitely the at home influence - When DJ's son was living with DJ's mom / sister, he knew all his multiplication tables at age 5 - He went to the other grandmother, and forgot them all - there was no reinforcement of what he learned in school.

sus I had to learn the entire table from pre school we had to say it every morning lawd ow mi remember it

1 times 1 is 1

1 times 2 is 2

It was like a song in my head...when I came to the states and saw that the kids didn't know it at age 8 I was in disbelief...they would have beat me in school and I would have been ashmed if I didn't know it. I was so afraid of having to wear the dunce hat and sit on the stool in the corner at school.

my stepson is9 and deoes not know his times table...like I said we have a lot of catching up to do.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline
I think a big part of it is definitely the at home influence - When DJ's son was living with DJ's mom / sister, he knew all his multiplication tables at age 5 - He went to the other grandmother, and forgot them all - there was no reinforcement of what he learned in school.

sus I had to learn the entire table from pre school we had to say it every morning lawd ow mi remember it

1 times 1 is 1

1 times 2 is 2

It was like a song in my head...when I came to the states and saw that the kids didn't know it at age 8 I was in disbelief...they would have beat me in school and I would have been ashmed if I didn't know it. I was so afraid of having to wear the dunce hat and sit on the stool in the corner at school.

my stepson is9 and deoes not know his times table...like I said we have a lot of catching up to do.

dillon;

he has a great step-mom to work with him and you have the backing of the school, but make sure daddy gets involved as well.

Timeline

Believe me daddy is very involved I told him I am not growing these kids on my own.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline
Believe me daddy is very involved I told him I am not growing these kids on my own.

dats good...make sure he stays involved...taking about school...my husband is able to do math from left to right...it confused the hell out of me. My dad does the same thing...but I was thought to do it from right to left...right?

Dillon I found the same problem with my step-son. When I was in JA in June we had him for a week. One day we were in the car going to Negril and he was singing Vybz Kartel all day. He already has a problem with his speech so you know singing was wrecking my nerve. My daughters and his dad thought it was funny but I did not. I told him I hope he knows his school work like he knows that song. So I said spelling time. I gave him some spelling words a and was Shock that he could not spell Cat, Mat, Bat, Rat, Sat etc. I ask his dad why he do not know to spell these words and he said his mother sends him to school. Well I said sending him to school is not the problem when he gets home someone needs to check his H/W and give him some spelling test. I am a real stickler for school work. Now I have his dad calling him everyday and giving him spelling test over the phone. I told him when he gets here its going to really different he will have bed time, reading hour and less TV during the week.

Lady C I believe that reading hour is one of the most important things we as parents can implement for our children. There is too much external stimuli like PS3 Games and TV. When I was younger you couldn't get me to put away my books, these days most children don't even want to read which is so sad. I loved that my son's school makes them read 2 books per months ( novels) and book reports on each as a part of the curriculum and final grade and provide incentives as well. I agree the parents need to take responsibility for their child's education 100%

I’m a stickler for school work too. My kids are not allowed to play their X-box DS or be on the computer unless its school work related during the week. I just think if they know they can play those games they’ll pay less attention to their homework. This year I allowed my 13 year old son to play his game during the week. I’m waiting for the first report period. If his grades have even slightly dropped I’m going back to my old rules. I didn’t want to allow him this new luxury but people were telling me I need to ease up some and let him make responsible choices. I hope for his sake they are right.

Dada you and me both girl I took everything they didn't have a TV until last weekend it was locked up and I'm still not re-connecting the cable box until the weekends! School comes 1st no matter what! I swear those games are like crack they become addicted and go through withdrawals I believe its a real disorder LOL Well I am anxious to hear how that works out for you this marking period cause every time I ease up with my boys they always take advantage :bonk:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Dillon I found the same problem with my step-son. When I was in JA in June we had him for a week. One day we were in the car going to Negril and he was singing Vybz Kartel all day. He already has a problem with his speech so you know singing was wrecking my nerve. My daughters and his dad thought it was funny but I did not. I told him I hope he knows his school work like he knows that song. So I said spelling time. I gave him some spelling words a and was Shock that he could not spell Cat, Mat, Bat, Rat, Sat etc. I ask his dad why he do not know to spell these words and he said his mother sends him to school. Well I said sending him to school is not the problem when he gets home someone needs to check his H/W and give him some spelling test. I am a real stickler for school work. Now I have his dad calling him everyday and giving him spelling test over the phone. I told him when he gets here its going to really different he will have bed time, reading hour and less TV during the week.

Lady C I believe that reading hour is one of the most important things we as parents can implement for our children. There is too much external stimuli like PS3 Games and TV. When I was younger you couldn't get me to put away my books, these days most children don't even want to read which is so sad. I loved that my son's school makes them read 2 books per months ( novels) and book reports on each as a part of the curriculum and final grade and provide incentives as well. I agree the parents need to take responsibility for their child's education 100%

I’m a stickler for school work too. My kids are not allowed to play their X-box DS or be on the computer unless its school work related during the week. I just think if they know they can play those games they’ll pay less attention to their homework. This year I allowed my 13 year old son to play his game during the week. I’m waiting for the first report period. If his grades have even slightly dropped I’m going back to my old rules. I didn’t want to allow him this new luxury but people were telling me I need to ease up some and let him make responsible choices. I hope for his sake they are right.

Dada you and me both girl I took everything they didn't have a TV until last weekend it was locked up and I'm still not re-connecting the cable box until the weekends! School comes 1st no matter what! I swear those games are like crack they become addicted and go through withdrawals I believe its a real disorder LOL Well I am anxious to hear how that works out for you this marking period cause every time I ease up with my boys they always take advantage :bonk:

G wants to get his son a PSP for christmas and I said all he is getting is some books and a damn Leap Frog to help him read. He does'nt understand why im so tuff. When my girls were little there was no watching TV until Friday afternoon and then off it gones sunday evening. But all H/W had to be done and they still had to read on the weekends. My kids told his son that when he gets here he will see how tuff i am.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!!!!!!!! we are half way through the week....happy hump day!

Not for me. Hubby is out of town :no:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Morning, everyone!

What are the weekend plans? Anyone got a costume?

I do not celebrate Halloween but my daughter has been asking for a tiara(sp?) because her and her dad always celebrate and she is going as a princess this year so I broke down and bought her one and it is soooo cute I want to keep it for myself. :yes:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Here I go again postingtwice :wow:

Nobody acknowledges me blah blah blah

Catching up :reading: :reading: :reading: :reading:

Morning yall,

This is for Heaven t4427.gif Congrats missy

Here are our weekend plans:::::

This weekend my baby is turning 10 years old Halloween :shocked::cry2:

We are having a sleep over for the 8th out of 10 times he has had a B-day. We had about 13 kids last year and who knows how many this year.t8410.gif Ima need some :help: .t8420.gif Hubby is off work Thurs. - Sunday morning. So we will see.t8424.gif

Have a blessed day VJ

Hi JQ! How is your day?

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

DaDa= Umm what were we supposed to say? :unsure: May I ask who the heck showed JQ how to use smiley's?? U have created a monster....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ DaDa it was Sus My friend Sus taught me how to use the smileys. :dance:

Shaungal my day is good and how about yours?

Las Vegas Temp today is 58 degrees WTHm0741.gif

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finesse

I got the AOS fee bill but we waiting for hubby to get paid this week so it will be paid and I am going to send in the AOS the same day cause my mom is my hubby's and my stepdaughter's support.

This smiley is for DaDap0136.gif :rofl:

She dont like my SMILEYSt2319.gif

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline
DaDa= Umm what were we supposed to say? :unsure: May I ask who the heck showed JQ how to use smiley's?? U have created a monster....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ DaDa it was Sus My friend Sus taught me how to use the smileys. :dance:

Shaungal my day is good and how about yours?

Las Vegas Temp today is 58 degrees WTHm0741.gif

Finally!!! You feeling it like the rest of us! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.