AlHayatZween

Stamp Controversy... Sigh...

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salaam & good morning everyone,

Has anyone else seen this regarding the Eid Al-Adha commemorative postage stamp? It's an e-mail rumor about how the Obama's created this postage stamp and Muslims are "bad"...etc... etc...

Goes something like this:

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE.

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11/01.

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM

attacks. Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

I strongly urge you to REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this

stamp when purchasing your holiday stamps at the post office. To use this stamp

would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands

of those whom this stamp honors. I also strongly urge you to pass this along to every Patriotic AMERICAN you know, whether by email.

i woke up to it this morning in my e-mail inbox... but you know what is really, really messed up?

Is that one of my aunts sent it to me?? She sent it to me on a long distribution, but still it ended up in my inbox? What was she thinking?

if anyone is interested, this stamp actually came into circulation in 2001 and was re-issued in 2002, in an effort to celebrate diversity and community during the holiday season, similar to the Hannukah stamps and Kwanzaa stamps...

http://factcheck.org/2009/09/muslim-stamp/

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Salaam & good morning everyone,

Has anyone else seen this regarding the Eid Al-Adha commemorative postage stamp? It's an e-mail rumor about how the Obama's created this postage stamp and Muslims are "bad"...etc... etc...

Goes something like this:

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa,

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE.

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11/01.

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM

attacks. Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

I strongly urge you to REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this

stamp when purchasing your holiday stamps at the post office. To use this stamp

would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands

of those whom this stamp honors. I also strongly urge you to pass this along to every Patriotic AMERICAN you know, whether by email.

i woke up to it this morning in my e-mail inbox... but you know what is really, really messed up?

Is that one of my aunts sent it to me?? She sent it to me on a long distribution, but still it ended up in my inbox? What was she thinking?

if anyone is interested, this stamp actually came into circulation in 2001 and was re-issued in 2002, in an effort to celebrate diversity and community during the holiday season, similar to the Hannukah stamps and Kwanzaa stamps...

http://factcheck.org/2009/09/muslim-stamp/

Sister, do what I always do when people sound out bogus urban legends - send a mass reply to all with the link to Snopes.com. It seems to pizz them off greatly when you do that. I (L) pizzing people off in that manner! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol: :lol:

You are right...

but what a bummer... why would my Aunt send me that #######? People just don't think anymore...

Doesn't it take more energy to spew negativity and fear, than to just be positive and live and let live?

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I (L) snopes and "reply all" :devil:

:lol: @ "they get their own christmas stamp" really guys?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can you imagine how everyone would react if they used this scenario of an attack that was done by a Christian? It wouldn't be allowed to be associated to Christianity. So why do so many allow that attack to be associated with Islam? They are called extremists for a reason. :rolleyes:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I would write your aunt back simply saying, "I'm glad to know you feel this way." Let her stress about exactly what you mean.

:thumbs:

So young, yet so wise. I do believe people like that need to be called out on their behavior.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

When I would receive these sort of emails, I would send the mass email back with the snopes link.

I would also put in my email message about how I was disappointed that they didn't check the facts before they sent out an email that helped spread lies, hatred and intolerance.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Timeline
I would write your aunt back simply saying, "I'm glad to know you feel this way." Let her stress about exactly what you mean.

WORD.

A cousin once sent me a long Christian BS diatribe against gay people. The email list included our cousin Bee, who is happily lesbian. OMFG, I replied all and let her have it.

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

WORD.

A cousin once sent me a long Christian BS diatribe against gay people. The email list included our cousin Bee, who is happily lesbian. OMFG, I replied all and let her have it.

i know exactly what you mean...my sister is currently bashing my brother about his "sinful gayness".... :blink: ...she recently has gotten a little overboard with her new-found religiousness....i just remind her that it's his life and that she shouldn't point fingers since i know all about her past :devil:....and when some of my family learned my husband was muslim..OMG...haha..boy did i hear some off the wall things...like OMG aren't you afraid when you go to morocco that you'll upset him and he'll cut your head off? :wow:...what if he won't let you leave? we heard how "they" treat their women... :huh:.... :pop:....i even had one who asked my mom (when she explained that morocco was in africa)..is he black? :rofl:...quite a few of them feel pretty ashamed and stupid now that they know him and his family...i blame alot of this crazy thinking on the media portraying most muslims as "evil fanatics"...unfairly one-sided.....

Edited by anas_tracy_love
as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Filed: Timeline

WORD.

i know exactly what you mean...my sister is currently bashing my brother about his "sinful gayness".... :blink: ...she recently has gotten a little overboard with her new-found religiousness....i just remind her that it's his life and that she shouldn't point fingers since i know all about her past :devil:....and when some of my family learned my husband was muslim..OMG...haha..boy did i hear some off the wall things...like OMG aren't you afraid when you go to morocco that you'll upset him and he'll cut your head off? :wow:...what if he won't let you leave? we heard how "they" treat their women... :huh:.... :pop:....i even had one who asked my mom (when she explained that morocco was in africa)..is he black? :rofl:...quite a few of them feel pretty ashamed and stupid now that they know him and his family...i blame alot of this crazy thinking on the media portraying most muslims as "evil fanatics"...unfairly one-sided.....

I hear you. This b1tch -born again cousin- went on a rampage about how "God" hates f@gs and their sins yada yada yada. Oh man, I was so pizzed, so I emailed her back with a very nice "well, then your 'god' is not one worth believing in". I felt like saying "oh, funny, hates gays but loves you single mother/fallen woman"... go figure. I have not talked to her since and I don't want to.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

WORD.

I hear you. This b1tch -born again cousin- went on a rampage about how "God" hates f@gs and their sins yada yada yada. Oh man, I was so pizzed, so I emailed her back with a very nice "well, then your 'god' is not one worth believing in". I felt like saying "oh, funny, hates gays but loves you single mother/fallen woman"... go figure. I have not talked to her since and I don't want to.

:rofl: Amen! "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Wanton woman. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.