Peachey

Halloween!

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I totally take some of my son's candy.

Hello I don't walk around with him freezing my #### off for nothing! :lol:

Damn right. You need to keep your energy up for all the clubbin', doing the hustle with baby seals can wear you out. :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my costume this year, I am taking a cue from the master!

mountie.jpg

HAHA omg... that reminds me of an episode of the Backyardigans (I watched it with my 2 yr old nephew ok!! lol)... and they were pretending they were mounties, and guarding a huge snowball... hahaha it was hilarious.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
For my costume this year, I am taking a cue from the master!

mountie.jpg

I had no idea that Fred Scuttle was a Mountie. :lol:

All you need now is three friends to go along with you. One to dress up as Jackie Wright, one to dress up as Bob Todd and one to play Yakety Sax. :lol:

*Mumsie really misses Benny Hill*

IR5

Timeline

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was 13 or 14 I think. When I was 11, I decided that for halloween, I'd dress up as a girl. The bad part was that I let my mom and aunt dress me up and do my makeup. They did far too good of a job and unfortunately for me, there is picture evidence that they insisted on showing my wife a few weeks ago.

Timeline
I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was 13 or 14 I think. When I was 11, I decided that for halloween, I'd dress up as a girl. The bad part was that I let my mom and aunt dress me up and do my makeup. They did far too good of a job and unfortunately for me, there is picture evidence that they insisted on showing my wife a few weeks ago.

OK. *backs away slowly* :lol:

Never underestimate the power of pity when it comes to getting candy at Halloween. I once dressed up as a goalie for the Leafs, you should have seen how much candy I ended up with. :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

I LOVE Halloween!!! I am super excited because my mom is visiting (which is nice just for that, but also for my selfish reason that I have a free babysitter now). She will watch the bebbe one night so hubby and I can go to a haunted house thingy at the TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!!! You get to take a chairlift to the top :) Can ya tell I am super excited??? I have wanted to do this for the past 2 Halloweens, but first I was preggie and with wicked all day morning sickness, then last year, my son was 5 months old and we didn't have a babysitter.

So we will do that this coming up weekend or the one after.

On actual Halloween, I am dressing my child up as a monkey (since he climbs everywhere and we call him the little monkey). I think we might trick-or-treat at neighborhood houses, but nothing much since he doesn't eat candy yet and I really don't need to have a stash of sugar in my house.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

the one kid I am going to babysit is going to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle... I think Leonardo

he says his brother is going as a tootsie roll but I am not sure if that is true or not :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is flying in for two and a half days next weekend. We're planning on just staying in the whole time...snuggling, watching Halloween movies and eating sushi.

Actually, a lot of our time together is spent snuggling, watching movies and eating sushi. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Wasn't prepared for where this thread went. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Tell me about it. I guess I shouldn't mention the fact that I'm dressing up as the Frito Bandito for Halloween. :bonk:

you can be an #### and say whatever you want, but i wont ever stand by and say nothing when i feel me or my people are being insulted. obviously you find this hilarious and that says a lot more about you than it does me. end of story.

We think that bogart can dress up as a big buzzkill or a wet blanket for halloween, cause he is really bringing down the fun vibe of Halloween thread. He better have complained to Target for selling that illegal space alien costume with big greencard. Geeez! :wacko:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Let's let sleeping dogs lie, ok?

My Mom used always used to check over our candy as well and cut all the apples up into quarters and then cut the quarters in half to make sure there were no needles or razorblades. My brother and I also suspected she kept some of the good stuff for herself! :D She rationed our Hallowe'en candy so we didn't have a chance to make pigs of ourselves and get sick on it too. It generally lasted for quite a few weeks after Hallowe'en.

We had one lady on our block who made a bunch of candied apples for Hallowe'en. She always put her name, address and phone number wrapped in with them so that parents could phone and verify they were safe. I always liked getting the homemade stuff - cookies, brownies, things like that. I disliked getting bags of chips the most - and loved getting anything licourice! Costumes always had to be home-made - we so looked down on anyone who wore a store bought costume and we had some really creative costumes.

I've been to a few Hallowe'en parties over the years - and have celebrated Samheim with friends as well - but I do enjoy having the kids come to the house in their costumes. The young ones are so earnest and cute and the older ones beginning to look bored, hehehe. The parents wait at the end of the driveway and the kids run up to the house, then leave calling out what they got as their loot! It is so cute.

Does anyone remember Unicef? Do they still do Unicef? We always carried a Unicef box as well that was distributed through the school and then brought the unopened box back to school with us the next day.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Yeah, I remember unicef.

I think I carried those boxes around on my neck between the ages of 5 and 10.

And I do sort of miss going out for Halloween.

Oh well, I'm going to get some reduced priced candy in November to make up for it :lol:

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Yeah, I remember unicef.

I think I carried those boxes around on my neck between the ages of 5 and 10.

And I do sort of miss going out for Halloween.

Oh well, I'm going to get some reduced priced candy in November to make up for it :lol:

haha! Yeah, I love November 1st candy sales :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
awww.. I love rockets!!! :( lol

You mean, "Smarties"? :hehe: (my husband and I argue about this everyday...)

What were those chewy brown things in the orange wrappers? they were so gross, yuck. And why don't people give out candy corn anymore?! I love candy corn.

I seriously went out for Halloween until I was 14. After that I would take my little sister out and make her share her candy profits... Until I reached 18 and decided I needed to get over it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.