Peachey

Halloween!

119 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Halloween is fast approaching. So what are you going to dress as this year? Any particular traditions you have at halloween?

I usually end up going to a party. This year I'm going all the way to Ottawa for my party. Should be fun.

This is the costume I picked up tonight:

209249741.jpg

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to be a SIM... so I am just going to go out as myself but have the little diamond thingy above my head... cuz I'm cool like that.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I usually stay in and turn off all the lights.

*ducks*

:lol: me too!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

This is potentially racist, so I apologize in advance... LOL

But 2 friends and I are all dressing up as Mexicans and are going to be Three Amigos... hahaha We picked up sombreros last night, and some poncho making material, and mustaches, and I have some maracas, and we'll drink only mexican related drinks all night... hahha I'm really excited actually. I think it's going to be hilarious. I'm also going to try to get some other accessories to go with... I have a list... LOL

Think this, without the guns.. lol My friend wants to get cap guns, but I think that's a STUPID f'ing idea, especially since we're going to a bar.. and yet, they say we can't have a pinata... okaaaaay.... not sure I follow the logic (I understand pinatas can be dangerous with drunk people... lol but I was just going to have it with a hole precut and pour candy out of it or something. lol)

MEXICAN-SERAPE-COSTUME-17679350.jpg

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

But 2 friends and I are all dressing up as Mexicans and are going to be Three Amigos... hahaha We picked up sombreros last night, and some poncho making material, and mustaches, and I have some maracas, and we'll drink only mexican related drinks all night... hahha I'm really excited actually. I think it's going to be hilarious. I'm also going to try to get some other accessories to go with... I have a list... LOL

Think this, without the guns.. lol My friend wants to get cap guns, but I think that's a STUPID f'ing idea, especially since we're going to a bar.. and yet, they say we can't have a pinata... okaaaaay.... not sure I follow the logic (I understand pinatas can be dangerous with drunk people... lol but I was just going to have it with a hole precut and pour candy out of it or something. lol)

cardboard cutout guns. way more hilarious : )

cardboard cutout guns. way more hilarious : )

HAHAH actually yes.. that would rock.... or even print off some images... hmmm.. the wheels are turning... I'll come up with something... lol thanks ;)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

I don't celebrate Halloween anymore.

I was in the US last year for it, my fiance went to a party thrown by his coworkers, but I really didn't want to wander around in some costume I'll probably never wear again having to just not talk to people.

So I stayed up till like 1am laughing at ridiculous stuff.

We did get pizza and chips n stuff the next day though.

Mmm, ruffles and onion dip.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Well Halloween for me is actually a holiday so theres a few other thins I do instead of party, I usually attend what is called a dumb feast, which is where everyone is silent, you cannot talk from the time you step in the building until you leave. The tables are all set, food is served buffet style with little lables so you know whats in everything. One person is designated as the attender, they serve a plate to empty spots (1 per table) which is to represent people who have passed on. To each person, that empty spot represents someone else, and the name tag on the spot is simply marked Honored Guest.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Well Halloween for me is actually a holiday so theres a few other thins I do instead of party, I usually attend what is called a dumb feast, which is where everyone is silent, you cannot talk from the time you step in the building until you leave. The tables are all set, food is served buffet style with little lables so you know whats in everything. One person is designated as the attender, they serve a plate to empty spots (1 per table) which is to represent people who have passed on. To each person, that empty spot represents someone else, and the name tag on the spot is simply marked Honored Guest.

I know a few people who I'd like to invite to a silent feast :lol:

But in all honesty... the rest of that sounds very sweet, and a little heartbreaking... I've never heard of that before, but it's interesting!

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

i'm gonna be a Canadian for Halloween :)

Hi Everyone,

Halloween is fast approaching. So what are you going to dress as this year? Any particular traditions you have at halloween?

I usually end up going to a party. This year I'm going all the way to Ottawa for my party. Should be fun.

This is the costume I picked up tonight:

209249741.jpg

ps....HOT OUTFIT! This is something I totally would wear! Just not for Halloween lol!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

I am looking forward to it! NO Halloween in NZ, but here they do, and the grand kids are already excited about it. I might dress up...I have heaps of SCA gear.. :star:

I was thinking about this the other day..my parents used to dress us up and turn us loose in the village on our own. I guess times have really changed.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

We don't dress up, and I can't remember going to a Halloween party since I was a teenager! We do get a pumpkin and hand out treats though.

My son, when he was about 4, wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. I was working, and my ex was getting the kids ready to head out after giving them an early supper. He decided to do the face painting for my son before I got home, and made an eye patch, and mustache on my son. Of course he coloured in the eye patch all black etc. however used permanent marker. :lol: He looked like he was punched in the face for about a week. Very hard to get off skin!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
i'm gonna be a Canadian for Halloween :)

ps....HOT OUTFIT! This is something I totally would wear! Just not for Halloween lol!

Peachey always looks amazing in her Halloween costumes.

Last year, mine came a day late so I had to make it out of cardboard and dollar store items. I went as a fish tank.

This year I'm going as the mad hatter.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.