100% Al Ahly Fan

Minnesota MENA Mini-Meet Up, anyone?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

K, how bout we set something up for the coming month? Amera mentioned needing to hit the halal meat markets here in the TC, so I thought let's just get everyone together for a big ol get together.

I just realized I'm a bit busy in the coming weekends (baby shower next weekend for a friend, cat shelter volunteer training in 2 weeks, usually I spend all weekend sitting at home doing nothing, so that's suprising). Looking at my calendar, the 14th and 15th and 21st and 22nd are still free. The weekend after that is Thanksgiving/Eid, so that's already booked. Then we get into December, which may not be fun for people to drive into town.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm fairly open, I would just need a few days notice.

Speaking of Eid... what is everyone doing? I don't think we want to get a whole sheep for ourselves... but maybe we will. Are people interested in maybe going halfsies or something?

Timeline

I'll check with AbuS, but we'll probably do what we usually do and donate through islamic relief to have it done in another country. I don't see a link to it on their new website though that worries me :unsure:

I'll actually be in central wisconsin for eid. Alhamdulilah there's actually a masjid there now, about an hour away from my parents' house, so instead of spending black friday in line at a store, inshaAllah i'll be able to make it to eid prayer.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Are we doing girls only or couples? The 14th/15th works for us if we're going in a mixed group. 21st and 22nd works for girls only. :) So I'm game either way!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
Are we doing girls only or couples? The 14th/15th works for us if we're going in a mixed group. 21st and 22nd works for girls only. :) So I'm game either way!

Well it's girls only for me since Ahmed isn't here as of yet. Although, I have my sweet boy Tariq. On the 14/15 got plans but open for the following weekend. Let me know ladies.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

Hmm, I think Terrie was definitly planning to come with her husband (helloooooo, terrie?), so I see 2 options:

1. Everyone's husbands who are here come and we send them off to do something manly together (maybe if anyone has a video game system, we could set it up at our apartment and they could play video games all day and cuddle with ma kitteh, because real men love cats), and we all meet later for dinner together. Gals can sit together and the guys can sit at a seperate table.

2. If just Kamal comes up with Terrie, we send AbuS and Kamal off to do something together, although AbuS doesn't drive, so they might be limited to where they can go by bus.

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not sure whats goin on. someone hasn't talked to me in a few days. I have to approach this with the greatest of ease if you know what i mean.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.