Peachey

Montreal taking so long

175 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On that note...

I'm glad I have you guys here outside my husband and regular friends to understand how awful this process can be...

just thought I'd say before I get myself mired in sad thoughts!

:D

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I wouldn't like to do their job, that's for sure. If you're working the visa section, I would imagine that you would have to do the same thing over and over and over again. Who would want to go into work knowing that everyone sitting in the waiting room is big time on edge?

*raises hand*

iagree.gif

Timeline
I wouldn't like to do their job, that's for sure. If you're working the visa section, I would imagine that you would have to do the same thing over and over and over again. Who would want to go into work knowing that everyone sitting in the waiting room is big time on edge?

*raises hand*

I'm in!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, so you may or may not have read that I called DOSlow this morning and they were closed.

Well Varba just called and apparently the reason they were closed is because they were having a staff meeting about the consulate in Montreal.

Apparently the consulate is VERY understaffed. A lot of people quit over the summer or just stopped coming in to work. They are currently backlogged 4 months and are trying their best to push everyone though.

I hope this helps alleviate any concerns.

They also told Varba I should be right on the edge of getting my interview date :)

hmmmm. they must know the dates of the backlog, so this is good news. I shouldn't be too far behind you. I just called. nogo.

As it is, I guess I'll have enough time to build a mini death star and fly it to our frickin interview. At least I'll have my revenge!

:lol:

Timeline

I'm just wondering why they cannot give some higher priority to immigrant visas. Canadians don't need visas to travel to the US so only visa applications they handle there are immigrant, work-related or tourist visas for landed immigrants. Now it doesn't take long to get an interview for a tourist visa - probably 2-3 weeks. I am aware that the processing of immigrant visas must be more thorough and is more time consuming but honestly do you think they actually look at your application prior to your interview? And besides that NVC does all the document collection for them and all they need to do is review those while talking to you.

So what I'm saying is that it's not too fair to prioritize tourist visas over immigrant ones. After all if a tourist doesn't get to see the U.S side of the Niagara Falls in October it has much lighter consequences than not being able to be with your spouse and children for months.

But let's look on the bright side and thank God we're not in Mexico because you may end up waiting for an interview in Mexico City for more than a year and this is simply due to the sheer number of applications. On the other hand it means that they are understaffed as well.

Ideally there should be a maximum wait time for an interview as well as USCIS processing. We are all paying quite a lot of money for their services. They don't really do us a free favor.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's beyond me why there's only 2 consulates that handle this in Canada.

Opening one in Toronto would be nice too.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

I don't see how any of this 'knowledge' is good news. Just because they 'know' what the problem is, and 'know' HOW to fix it, doesn't mean they WILL fix it. If anything, their little meetings about how to 'deal' with the problem probably were just in handling angry people, and if they should update any wait times, or what to do over the holidays. Am I the only one that has worked for an understaffed company? :lol: Not to mention an understaffed customer service place, be it call centres (with a wait/hold time going on an hour), or in person service. This is not an issue that will be resolved quickly. If anything, they'll just lengthen the waiting time estimates, beyond the current 4-6 months. I'm now setting my sites on a MARCH civil wedding date, instead of Jan/Feb. Call me pessimistic, but this is stupid. lol I wouldn't be surprised if there were budget cuts or something.

IMHO their strategy should be one or all of these:

a) as mentioned, allowing other consulates to shoulder some of the back log

b ) working over time or making their hours go longer into the evening (hahaha!!!! sorry, I just doubt this one alot)

c) hiring A LOT of people to replace this supposed amount that quit all at once

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
I don't see how any of this 'knowledge' is good news. Just because they 'know' what the problem is, and 'know' HOW to fix it, doesn't mean they WILL fix it. If anything, their little meetings about how to 'deal' with the problem probably were just in handling angry people, and if they should update any wait times, or what to do over the holidays. Am I the only one that has worked for an understaffed company? :lol: Not to mention an understaffed customer service place, be it call centres (with a wait/hold time going on an hour), or in person service. This is not an issue that will be resolved quickly. If anything, they'll just lengthen the waiting time estimates, beyond the current 4-6 months. I'm now setting my sites on a MARCH civil wedding date, instead of Jan/Feb. Call me pessimistic, but this is stupid. lol I wouldn't be surprised if there were budget cuts or something.

b ) working over time or making their hours go longer into the evening (hahaha!!!! sorry, I just doubt this one alot)

I think the only reason it seems like there is a "good news" tone in this thread is that this piece of information indicates Peachey (the OP) and I might get interviews shortly. That's personal good news, not generically good news.

Ah, this site. It kind of messes with the emotions. There are always people ahead in the process and celebrating while we can only pine for that unforeseeable day, and then there are eventually people behind us who wish they were getting our good news.

This is teaching me so much about my own patience threshold, and taking me to levels of jealousy I never knew I had :blush:

I kind of doubt that they'd get other consulates involved, but oh that would be so nice, if TOMORROW they decided to make Toronto do some of the interviews. Make that Calgary and Toronto. Though Vancouver *seems* to be going faster?

It is a problem that won't be solved quickly. and yeah option b. isn't likely. someone around keeps mentioning bankers hours, which heck, even bankers don't keep anymore.

I didn't exactly hope for anything out of this news.

If I start hoping I start getting let down :lol:

I just mentioned it'd be nice if they start fixing it for the people who will file visas in the future.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Someone mentioned in another thread that they received an email from OP5 at 9:30 PM - does this mean that they are working OT?

Timeline

Someone mentioned in another thread that they received an email from OP5 at 9:30 PM - does this mean that they are working OT?

Here is what I was referring to - perhaps they just checked late:

From M163

domegirl-this might be a small slice of good news for you (and hopefully me, for the love of god). As I'd said, I'd written the embassy-I got a reply at 9:30 last night-short, but potentially sweet:

The visa was issued and mailed, you should be receiving it soon.

OP5

I'm thinking they sent a whack of them last week yesterday.... I'm crossing my fingers for both/all of us.

~M

Timeline

Here is what I was referring to - perhaps they just checked late:

From M163

domegirl-this might be a small slice of good news for you (and hopefully me, for the love of god). As I'd said, I'd written the embassy-I got a reply at 9:30 last night-short, but potentially sweet:

The visa was issued and mailed, you should be receiving it soon.

OP5

I'm thinking they sent a whack of them last week yesterday.... I'm crossing my fingers for both/all of us.

~M

ambiguous. And time stamps can also be a bit unreliable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.