Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The geography is different.

I haven't been to Atlanta proper, but the LA area does have a fair few really nice neighborhoods. The problem with it as a whole is that the integration isn't there, though that is getting better with the metro rail.

That's because everyone else in the world is centered around modern cities. I am yet to find one other developed country where the outer outer burbs are the place to be. Let alone fragmented and dying small towns.

I'm not sure I understand what you wrote here.

In most other developed or developing countries, people tend to live around a city, a CBD. With the closer to the city you go, the more expensive it ends up. Young professionals in particular are quite fond of the inner cities. Now I am not just talking about downtown NYC style, but communities being centered around cities.

It's ridiculous to hear stories of one employer being the major employer in a town or city, causing it to die off if it leaves; or in the US case, when it fails. Actually, this is why Aus cities are doing so well, as they have a range of industries all centered around the same city. People are just too fragmented across the US. Only major cities I see with a buzzing downtown are Chicago and NYC. The rest are just a Paris / London looking small to medium height cities. Soho is the only place I enjoyed in London.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

The geography is different.

I haven't been to Atlanta proper, but the LA area does have a fair few really nice neighborhoods. The problem with it as a whole is that the integration isn't there, though that is getting better with the metro rail.

That's because everyone else in the world is centered around modern cities. I am yet to find one other developed country where the outer outer burbs are the place to be. Let alone fragmented and dying small towns.

I'm not sure I understand what you wrote here.

In most other developed or developing countries, people tend to live around a city, a CBD. With the closer to the city you go, the more expensive it ends up. Young professionals in particular are quite fond of the inner cities. Now I am not just talking about downtown NYC style, but communities being centered around cities.

It's ridiculous to hear stories of one employer being the major employer in a town or city, causing it to die off if it leaves; or in the US case, when it fails. Actually, this is why Aus cities are doing so well, as they have a range of industries all centered around the same city. People are just too fragmented across the US. Only major cities I see with a buzzing downtown are Chicago and NYC. The rest are just a Paris / London looking small to medium height cities. Soho is the only place I enjoyed in London.

And you're so dumb you still live here. Amazing.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ovomit is a failure, he promised all this change and all this reform and he is nothing more than a ACORN loving crook liar that is indecisive and racist! Maybe he can have a beer with the ruler of Iran or Al Queada and talk them down at the White House! :devil:

:rofl:

Did you just write that Obama was going to have beers with Ahamadinejad and al Qaeda?

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Ovomit is a failure, he promised all this change and all this reform and he is nothing more than a ACORN loving crook liar that is indecisive and racist! Maybe he can have a beer with the ruler of Iran or Al Queada and talk them down at the White House! :devil:

Did you just write that Obama was going to have beers with Ahamadinejad and al Qaeda?

Keep hopin. :P

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Cute and nice try, the only haterz of America are from Middle East countries like yours! Take a good look in the mirror. :whistle:

What all the America haterz tend to overlook here is how this was neither Obama's nor Chicago's Olymic bid - it was the Olympic bid of the United States of America. But do go on celebrating America's loss - and make sure you wrap yourself in the flag and hold a cross while celebrating.

Middle East countries like mine? When did Germany become a part of the Middle East? :rofl:

Or did you refer to my wife's country? Can't see that one from your back porch, can you, Sarah? Get a clue - here's a map of the Middle East for you. If you can actually manage to open the link, good luck finding Ethiopia in it. You numbnut!

Germany is a part of the middle east! So is Ethiopia! LOL!

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Keep hopin. :P

:no:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin