Engineer06

October 2009 Filers

628 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay, so we got our NOA2 on the 22nd of January. It has now been almost three weeks since it was sent off and my fiance has done....nothing. :P We got our P3 last week and all that's happened so far is him telling me why he can't do all the things that he needs to do for the visa.

I finally showed him where it says that he has to have a visa in his hand in four months or else we have to get an extension. So now he says that he'll at least try to have it done by then.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Okay, so we got our NOA2 on the 22nd of January. It has now been almost three weeks since it was sent off and my fiance has done....nothing. :P We got our P3 last week and all that's happened so far is him telling me why he can't do all the things that he needs to do for the visa.

I finally showed him where it says that he has to have a visa in his hand in four months or else we have to get an extension. So now he says that he'll at least try to have it done by then.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

And to look at him in your photo, he has the look of a compliant angel! He'll "try"? LOL!

Now - calling all fellow Octoberarians who are still waiting - Eggs, Stet all you lot. Look what I've got from the November filers. Click on link below and be amazed! Warning - the content has the power to induce severe shock as well as amaze in equal proportions! when you've had a good look, come back and tell me just how mad you all are when you see just how much they've been in that December box...(Bacon, this may help you pass the time whilst waiting for your man to get on with his paperwork).

(I am not sure who the instigator of this work of genius was, I think it may have been the truly amazing Megger. Whoever the mastermind is, when I become a multi-millionnaire, I will be head hunting them to work for me).

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=ttO...OH-VZE2O76pOeLQ

from doghandler

call me when your dog gets out of control (or when the dog in you gets out of control!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
And to look at him in your photo, he has the look of a compliant angel! He'll "try"? LOL!

Now - calling all fellow Octoberarians who are still waiting - Eggs, Stet all you lot. Look what I've got from the November filers. Click on link below and be amazed! Warning - the content has the power to induce severe shock as well as amaze in equal proportions! when you've had a good look, come back and tell me just how mad you all are when you see just how much they've been in that December box...(Bacon, this may help you pass the time whilst waiting for your man to get on with his paperwork).

(I am not sure who the instigator of this work of genius was, I think it may have been the truly amazing Megger. Whoever the mastermind is, when I become a multi-millionnaire, I will be head hunting them to work for me).

from doghandler

call me when your dog gets out of control (or when the dog in you gets out of control!)

Oh......my.....goodness. That is just....wow.

And I know he looks like he'll be all nice and just do whatever I want but no. :P That man is one of the most stubborn people I have ever known.....aside from myself anyways. :P

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

from doghandler

OK that has to be one of the coolest spreadsheet ever!! Anyways I am amazed that not even HALF!! of the Oct. filers are done and they have approved more Dec. filers then Nov!!! Now I thought this was supposed to work on a first in line type scenario, maybe I am mistaken. I know that all cases are different and that some will have RFE's and some will get stuck in the background check, etc. etc., but this is ridiculous! Unfortunately there is nothing I can do at the moment because I am within the 5 month window. So I sit and wait. :angry:

TIMELINE:

10/13/09 - Filed I-129F

10/17/09 - Received NOA1

02/23/10 - NOA2!!

02/25/10 - Received at NVC

03/11/10 - Left NVC

03/15/10 - Delivered to Jerusalem Consulate

04/08/10 - Packet 3 received.

05/28/10 - Packet 3 mailed back to Consulate.

06/28/10 - Packet 4/ Interview letter received!

07/16/10 - INTERVIEW!!!

07/16/10 - APPROVED!!!!

08/01/10 - Visa delivered by mail.

10/21/10 - Flew into the US!!! Finally here!!!

11/14/10 - Married!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

thx for the cheering ^^

The genius is actually T and J who un-coded the receipt number.

I've done some manual searching (cos I wanted a REAL look at what's really going on at VSC), and put my results in a spreadsheet ( a personnel one, then i put it online). I saw that Jl_n_JL is doing the same searching too, so I though it would be great if we could combine our works, and maybe get some more help from other bored members, and everyone joined us in our crazy application checking ^^.

If any of U octoberians want to join us, and keep track on an october date, just send me ur email by pm, and i'll give u edit rights

K1 Journey : Total length (from filing I-129F till Visa in hand) : 190 days (~6.3 month)

NOA1 issued : 11 - 09 - 2009 (6 days)

NOA2 issued : 02 - 26 - 2010 (109 days) (OMG!!!! was about time)

Interview date : 05 - 12 - 2010 (75 days) Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ Happily Married on June 5th 2010 ~~~

AoS / EAD Journey : Total length (from filing I-485 / I-765 till Green Card in hand) : 115 days (~3.8 month)

I-485 / I-765 sent : 06 - 21 - 2010

NOA1 for AoS & EAD : 07 - 02 - 2010 (11 days)

Biometrics walk-in : 08 -02 - 2010 (was scheduled for 08 - 20 - 2010) (31 days)

EAD card received : 09 - 06 - 2010 (17 days)

Green-Card received : 11 - 01 - 2010 (56 days)

~~~ Done with USCIS till October 20th 2012 ~~~

Lifting of Conditions (I-751) Journey :

I-751 sent : 09 - 25 - 2012

NOA1 received : 10 - 05 - 2012 (10 days)

Biometrics appointment : 10 - 26 - 2012 (21 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

from doghandler

Love your motto, Ms. D. You've got to put that on your business cards!

I agree, the spreadsheet is definitely has WOW factor. About the "touched" section:

I didn't realize we had been "touched" until I really studied how the whole USCIS register system worked and went through the steps to see when our case had been updated. So it's possible that those percentages could be higher...not that it makes that much difference.

The way it's supposed to work: After you get your NOA1, your file goes into background check; that causes the update. So theoretically, everyone should get a "touch" right after their NOA1. I think it's that black hole that is holding up the rest of the Octobers. The checks are provided by agencies. I wonder if they have a system for follow up when the agencies have not responded...besides the measurement of dust that has settled on the untouched files.

As for the difference in approval percentages...it's quite possible that human error placed those files ahead of others who have already been through the background check and should have been next in line to adjudication. We're talking milk crates here, people. People lugging around milk crates filled with files. Someone transposed numbers, someone put the crate on the top shelf instead of the bottom...can't you see it happening?

I'm still pulling for you guys!

Timeline

I agree, the spreadsheet is definitely has WOW factor. About the "touched" section:

I didn't realize we had been "touched" until I really studied how the whole USCIS register system worked and went through the steps to see when our case had been updated. So it's possible that those percentages could be higher...not that it makes that much difference.

The way it's supposed to work: After you get your NOA1, your file goes into background check; that causes the update. So theoretically, everyone should get a "touch" right after their NOA1. I think it's that black hole that is holding up the rest of the Octobers. The checks are provided by agencies. I wonder if they have a system for follow up when the agencies have not responded...besides the measurement of dust that has settled on the untouched files.

As for the difference in approval percentages...it's quite possible that human error placed those files ahead of others who have already been through the background check and should have been next in line to adjudication. We're talking milk crates here, people. People lugging around milk crates filled with files. Someone transposed numbers, someone put the crate on the top shelf instead of the bottom...can't you see it happening?

LOL! I might have to set the dog in me on Bacon's man by the sounds of things her way!

We can feel your love! And feeling your soothing presence too Kab! I'm away with the fairies on the spreadsheet thing.....loved your email L...replying soon. Who needs fiances when we've got you lot for company! laters! x

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

LOL! I might have to set the dog in me on Bacon's man by the sounds of things her way!

We can feel your love! And feeling your soothing presence too Kab! I'm away with the fairies on the spreadsheet thing.....loved your email L...replying soon. Who needs fiances when we've got you lot for company! laters! x

We are three weeks out of from reciving our NOA2 no one knows where are petition is not in USCIS and NOT at NVC yet should we be panicing just yet?

OUR TIMELINE

• 4/7/2008 -we meet online
  • 8/29/2009-Trip # 8 (engagement)
  • HERE WE GO
  • 10/14/2009 - I129F sent
  • 10/23/2009 - Check Cashed
  • 10/27/2009 - Hard copy NOA1
  • Jan/26/2010 - NOA2 (96 days to got it, since we received NOA1)
  • Mar/09/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN CUZ THEY DIDN'T SEND IT TO NVC UNTILL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN)
  • May/04/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN FOR 3 TIMES CUZ THEY FORGOT SEND IT TO NVC UNTIL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN AGAIN)
  • May/10/2010 - NVC Received (Finally USCIS really sent it...wooo they didn't forget this time)[/color]
  • May/21/2010 - NVC Putted our file in HOLD (can be serious.....? this is more than back luck.. nightmare)
  • May/24/2010 - NVC Sent it to the Embassy
  • May/26/2010 - DHL Delivered to the Embassy.
  • May/27/2010 - police record.
  • May/31/2010 - Medical PASSED
  • Ago/02/2010 - INTERVIEW.....APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sep/11/2010 - hello USA :)
    HERE WE GO AGAIN
  • 09/24/2010 - Social Security application
  • 10/04/2010 - Social Security Number in hand
  • 10/07/2010 - Marriage License (u have to wait at least 3 days after ur license to get marry)
  • 10/12/2010 - Husband and Wife :)
  • 11/19/2010 - AOS and EAD Sent.
  • 12/04/2010 - AOS and EAD Hard Copy.
  • 12/18/2010 - Appointment for Biometric.
  • 01/06/2011 - Biometric Done.
  • 01/10/2011 - Notification CASE TRANSFER TO CALIFORNIA CENTER.
  • 02/11/2011 - EAD card production.
  • 02/16/2011 - EAD card received.
  • 02/18/2011 - AOS Approved.
  • 02/22/2011 - Green Card in hand.

Timeline
We are three weeks out of from reciving our NOA2 no one knows where are petition is not in USCIS and NOT at NVC yet should we be panicing just yet?

Did you talk to a human at NVC? Do you have your new case number?

Do you know what day it left VSC? I believe they use carriers with tracking numbers so they should be able to find out where it is.

Don't panic, but stay on top of them until they give you an answer. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
Did you talk to a human at NVC? Do you have your new case number?

Do you know what day it left VSC? I believe they use carriers with tracking numbers so they should be able to find out where it is.

Don't panic, but stay on top of them until they give you an answer. Good luck!

yes i talked to a person on both ends. I asked USCIS when it was sent she said she dont know and can not find out. and wanted to nothing to find out. NVC does not have it. and no I dont have a new case number just the same EAC number. Should i?

OUR TIMELINE

• 4/7/2008 -we meet online
  • 8/29/2009-Trip # 8 (engagement)
  • HERE WE GO
  • 10/14/2009 - I129F sent
  • 10/23/2009 - Check Cashed
  • 10/27/2009 - Hard copy NOA1
  • Jan/26/2010 - NOA2 (96 days to got it, since we received NOA1)
  • Mar/09/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN CUZ THEY DIDN'T SEND IT TO NVC UNTILL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN)
  • May/04/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN FOR 3 TIMES CUZ THEY FORGOT SEND IT TO NVC UNTIL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN AGAIN)
  • May/10/2010 - NVC Received (Finally USCIS really sent it...wooo they didn't forget this time)[/color]
  • May/21/2010 - NVC Putted our file in HOLD (can be serious.....? this is more than back luck.. nightmare)
  • May/24/2010 - NVC Sent it to the Embassy
  • May/26/2010 - DHL Delivered to the Embassy.
  • May/27/2010 - police record.
  • May/31/2010 - Medical PASSED
  • Ago/02/2010 - INTERVIEW.....APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sep/11/2010 - hello USA :)
    HERE WE GO AGAIN
  • 09/24/2010 - Social Security application
  • 10/04/2010 - Social Security Number in hand
  • 10/07/2010 - Marriage License (u have to wait at least 3 days after ur license to get marry)
  • 10/12/2010 - Husband and Wife :)
  • 11/19/2010 - AOS and EAD Sent.
  • 12/04/2010 - AOS and EAD Hard Copy.
  • 12/18/2010 - Appointment for Biometric.
  • 01/06/2011 - Biometric Done.
  • 01/10/2011 - Notification CASE TRANSFER TO CALIFORNIA CENTER.
  • 02/11/2011 - EAD card production.
  • 02/16/2011 - EAD card received.
  • 02/18/2011 - AOS Approved.
  • 02/22/2011 - Green Card in hand.

Timeline
yes i talked to a person on both ends. I asked USCIS when it was sent she said she dont know and can not find out. and wanted to nothing to find out. NVC does not have it. and no I dont have a new case number just the same EAC number. Should i?

Did you get a hard copy NOA2?

If I were you, I would get right back on the phone with Vermont.

Insist on them looking up your EAC number and telling you the date it was mailed to NVC.

They are supposed to scan your file every time they handle it, and if you received your hard copy NOA2, give them the date on your letter. Your file should have been forwarded on or about that date. If you can't get any answers, ask to speak to a supervisor.

After NVC receives your file, they assign a new case number specific to your embassy.

Timeline
OK that has to be one of the coolest spreadsheet ever!! Anyways I am amazed that not even HALF!! of the Oct. filers are done and they have approved more Dec. filers then Nov!!! Now I thought this was supposed to work on a first in line type scenario, maybe I am mistaken. I know that all cases are different and that some will have RFE's and some will get stuck in the background check, etc. etc., but this is ridiculous! Unfortunately there is nothing I can do at the moment because I am within the 5 month window. So I sit and wait. :angry:

You and Eggs might want to reach for the bottle of vodka, or shock absorbing substance of your choosing, before you check the November filers thread. VSC now merrily pumping out approvals on January petitions. For real. It's official. As if 55 approvals for December, out of ONLY 4 days checked, wasn't bad enough for us forgotten Octoberarians to swallow.

Timeline
Damn...that just completely sucks. January approvals....

I'm planning on calling them today. I need to talk to a person about this. Going insane here...

Eggs, you will get fobbed off with the 5 month bull.

My fiance is going to his congressman. If any of you want to do the same, I can provide you with the list of case numbers, real statistics you can take to your congressman which blows the 5 month bull out of the water and shows clear breach of VSC's own policies, procedures and mission statement. The 5 month thing will not stand up against it. A number of our October (and November) petitions have clearly been left to rot somewhere, and I fear from what I've seen, there is a strong chance we will all be lost in the system anyway up till the 5 month mark and have to do a congressman's enquiry then anyway. A Canadian seemed to have got lost, only got NOA2 last week, after a 5 month and 11 day wait, whilst a large amount are still being processed in 30 - 50 days.

They have pumped out approvals for every single day of December AND January filers up to 12th Jan, probably later, but haven't had the man hours to check as yet, but will do more today.

There is nothing to lose by going to congressmen. If they don't want to help, fine. But I very much doubt it when presented with the evidence. I think they will be shocked at what we actually know. If any of you want it, just PM me, it's a cut and paste job.

I am unleashing the dogs, stand clear! xxx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.