Engineer06

October 2009 Filers

628 posts in this topic

Since me and my partner are in our twenties and we don't have any kids, according to that theory, we would fall into the easy category that gets whizzed through. Also because I have a unique last name that only me and my siblings have. So I doubt if that theory is truly correct. I personally think it's more random and your processing time depends more on who's pile you land on. With more "complicated" cases, you would think there would be more touches, because they need to look at the file a lot. Our case however, hasn't been touched since the 22nd of October....so it's just laying somewhere on a pile...

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
...and you have a child, and that makes your wait more stressful! but according to what we've read here, that "complicates" things and therefore the young and "unbaggaged" (i.e. no kids) can get whizzed through cos they have no such complications. For the sake of the wellbeing of children, separated from a parent, you would think it would be the other way around. I guess that's too logical and compassionate!

Ditto on that one. It's really bothering my girl the most. Granted, I had her with my first husband but he was gone for good by the time she was three months old and Ham's been around since she was 10 months. He's the only one she's ever known and is her dad. So not only do I have my sis asking me when we'll get the visa for the wedding, I also have my girl wanting to know when her dad's going to come home.

It wouldn't be as hard if she was a newborn but she's seven so trying to placate her into thinking it's not that long isn't possible. :P

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm with you all on the children topic.

For the last 3 years my guy has stayed in US for 3 months, then went back home for few months, then back in the US again, see-saw see-saw. It's difficult for the kids to understand and adjust, just when they get used to him being there, he's gone again. My son even wrote a letter to Pres.Obama. Allow me to share an excerpt:

"Please Mr. President, think of your Mom. If she loved somebody, and you had the power to bring them together, wouldn't you?"

Powerful stuff from the mouths of babes.

So Bacon, does your little girl like books? How about encouraging her to write a story about this whole experience - might be interesting to see her perspective. Like the Cinderella story...her story could culminate in your wedding to Ham...how she envisions it, and how she envisions her role in the whole thing. That would be a treasure for you in the future! And if other kids will be at your wedding, maybe she could plan some events for them. Games, menus, etc.

OK VSC, now you can make a lot of grownups AND children happy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm with you all on the children topic.

For the last 3 years my guy has stayed in US for 3 months, then went back home for few months, then back in the US again, see-saw see-saw. It's difficult for the kids to understand and adjust, just when they get used to him being there, he's gone again. My son even wrote a letter to Pres.Obama. Allow me to share an excerpt:

"Please Mr. President, think of your Mom. If she loved somebody, and you had the power to bring them together, wouldn't you?"

Powerful stuff from the mouths of babes.

So Bacon, does your little girl like books? How about encouraging her to write a story about this whole experience - might be interesting to see her perspective. Like the Cinderella story...her story could culminate in your wedding to Ham...how she envisions it, and how she envisions her role in the whole thing. That would be a treasure for you in the future! And if other kids will be at your wedding, maybe she could plan some events for them. Games, menus, etc.

OK VSC, now you can make a lot of grownups AND children happy!

Well, that's another week over and VSC sure didn't any more grown-up Octoberarians happy, nor their kids (those baggages, which seem to merit months of extra checks). Laura, I think your son should go into politics now, he'd be getting my vote.

Here we go again, another week ahead of us to endure the stress and anxiety. This is starting to feel like we're all in the movie Groundhog Day. Happy weekend comrades. Am thinking bout you all x

Timeline
Well, that's another week over and VSC sure didn't any more grown-up Octoberarians happy, nor their kids (those baggages, which seem to merit months of extra checks). Laura, I think your son should go into politics now, he'd be getting my vote.

Here we go again, another week ahead of us to endure the stress and anxiety. This is starting to feel like we're all in the movie Groundhog Day. Happy weekend comrades. Am thinking bout you all x

I'm with you Ms. D, a collective sigh heard 'round the world...another week over.

Ok they have 4 hours left in the day so there is an iota of hope.

Yeah, my son says he wants to be a psychologist. Maybe he should specialize in counseling people waiting for K1 visas...unfortunately for us, mental anguish lives here. :(

Carry on, Monday is two short days away.

Timeline
I'm with you Ms. D, a collective sigh heard 'round the world...another week over.

Ok they have 4 hours left in the day so there is an iota of hope.

Yeah, my son says he wants to be a psychologist. Maybe he should specialize in counseling people waiting for K1 visas...unfortunately for us, mental anguish lives here. :(

Carry on, Monday is two short days away.

Actually, you might want to keep hoping until tonight. They issued my NOA2 at 9 PM on Friday. It's why I was so surprised since I thought after five that it was over and I'd have to wait till the next week.

So there is still a good 8 hours left to hope. :)

Edited by Bacon

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

K1 Visa

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

AOS

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey guys, I can give you some hope! We have received a text an hour ago that they have approved our petition!

We lost our hope this week !!! I was actually worried that we will get RFE, because we didn't send pictures of us together etc... I started thinking that we didn't give them enough proof, but then again I was getting insane in the last couple of weeks because of the whole process! :-) :-) :-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Hey guys, I can give you some hope! We have received a text an hour ago that they have approved our petition!

We lost our hope this week !!! I was actually worried that we will get RFE, because we didn't send pictures of us together etc... I started thinking that we didn't give them enough proof, but then again I was getting insane in the last couple of weeks because of the whole process! :-) :-) :-)

Hooray! Congratulations! Oh, what good news.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey!

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Man, I checked the site like 4 hours ago for my case number and the case number before us. Now I just did it again and the case number before us has been approved. It said that they sent out the letter yesterday, but the site was updated today apparently.

Man..would be awesome if we were next...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Excellent news! Congratulations!

Way to wrap up a week! :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
Actually, you might want to keep hoping until tonight. They issued my NOA2 at 9 PM on Friday. It's why I was so surprised since I thought after five that it was over and I'd have to wait till the next week.

So there is still a good 8 hours left to hope. :)

Thanks Bacon, for keeping our hopes up a few more hours!

Thanks Bacon, for keeping our hopes up a few more hours!

Oops, and congrats to Gela!

Timeline

Okay, this is weird now. I got two NOA2's. Is that normal? And Ham's showing as having an A number in the doucments now. Is that the tracking number that was referenced for the NVC and that he needs to use on his medical report?

I mean, it's great that I have two cause now I don't need to make a copy but I don't remember hearing about that others getting two.

Congrats Gela!!! At this rate, hopefully, they'll have October wrapped up in the next week or two. Then Megger can start getting excited :)

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

K1 Visa

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

04-11-2010 - Received P4

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Okay, this is weird now. I got two NOA2's. Is that normal? And Ham's showing as having an A number in the doucments now. Is that the tracking number that was referenced for the NVC and that he needs to use on his medical report?

I mean, it's great that I have two cause now I don't need to make a copy but I don't remember hearing about that others getting two.

Congrats Gela!!! At this rate, hopefully, they'll have October wrapped up in the next week or two. Then Megger can start getting excited :)

Congrats Gela!

But they've been at the December pile again. A 15th Dec filer. Good for them. 39 days from NOA1 to NOA2.

And to top it all for me, Mr Doghandler was coming over to Scotland today, we've not seen each other for 4 months (cos we have those baggage items, he's got kids (total single parent dad) and dog and I've got dogs so we can't just pop over as regularly as we'd like so every trip has to be planned with military precision for child and dog care for both of us), but as I'm clearly cursed, there just had to be a 48 hour ice storm in the Carolina's today of all days and he just got a call from the ariline - flight cancelled! A total awesome week my end! Let the good times roll I say! Hope you're all having a better weekend than I am! x

Congrats Gela!

But they've been at the December pile again. A 15th Dec filer. Good for them. 39 days from NOA1 to NOA2.

And to top it all for me, Mr Doghandler was coming over to Scotland today, we've not seen each other for 4 months (cos we have those baggage items, he's got kids (total single parent dad) and dog and I've got dogs so we can't just pop over as regularly as we'd like so every trip has to be planned with military precision for child and dog care for both of us), but as I'm clearly cursed, there just had to be a 48 hour ice storm in the Carolina's today of all days and he just got a call from the ariline - flight cancelled! A total awesome week my end! Let the good times roll I say! Hope you're all having a better weekend than I am! x

Mate that sucks. I was flying to Orlando during our "big freeze" at the beginning of jan to see my boy and my flight got cancelled twice. I was actually only a day late in the end but it felt like the end of the world having not seen him for 4 months, so I massively feel your pain. And I never want to see the inside of gatwick airport EVER again!!

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Thanks! And good luck to all of you on your journey!

Doghandler, are you in Scotland? We are in Aberdeen :-) It looks like we will be moving out by May ( hopefully) Have lots of things with us plus our baby. Not moving forward to all packing etc., but very excited about the BIG CHANGE :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.