trey

Philippines Police report

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I are nearing her interview date. She has just about everything ready. I know Manila requires a police report for the city she is currently living in. Does she need a police report for all cities she's lived in? (she's lived in one other). I remember reading about the requirements someplace but can't remember where and if it's all cities (even if ithey are all in Philippines) or only if there were other countries she's lived in. Does anyone know or can someone tell me where I read this? Thank you

Trey

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

My fiancee and I are nearing her interview date. She has just about everything ready. I know Manila requires a police report for the city she is currently living in. Does she need a police report for all cities she's lived in? (she's lived in one other). I remember reading about the requirements someplace but can't remember where and if it's all cities (even if ithey are all in Philippines) or only if there were other countries she's lived in. Does anyone know or can someone tell me where I read this? Thank you

Trey

Trey,

Your fiancee needs only to submit the NBI clearance. That covers all the cities she has ever lived in in the Philippines. I've lived in several cities in the Philippines and just submitted the NBI clearance and it was okay with the embassy.

Police certificate is required only if she lived in another country for more than 6 months.

PW

Timeline

Trey

just get a police clearance where she recently residing...or the address where you filled up on K1 visa.Anyway, she will need NBI clearance upon her interview.As far as I know she needs some requirements to be able to get the Police clearance from Barangay etc. She can call to ask about what's the requirements most of the police clearances I think are digitally made not sure in her place.

lebby

K1 Visa Timeline

03-08-2006 >>>> mail application via USPS (Priority Mail) CSC

03-10-2006 >>>> @8:20AM CSC (Track & Confirm)

03-13-2006 >>>> March 11, request for delivery information received (Jon R. Arnett)

03-15-2006 >>>> NOA1 (Notice Date)

06-23-2006 >>>> Called CSC for change of address

06-27-2006 >>>> 1st touched notification rfe's sent on the 23rd (wow)

06-28-2006 >>>> Called CSC again requesting rfe's (wait within 30 days)

07-15-2006 >>>> Touched (email notification)

07-19-2006 >>>> Finally received IMBRA rfe's new address (inserted the original rfe's date 27th @old add.)

07-21-2006 >>>> IMBRA rfe's delivered@7:31AM CSC (Francisco Montoy)

07-24-2006 >>>> USPS provided information request of delivery (via email).

07-29-2006 >>>> CSC received IMBRA rfe's 07/28/06 preliminary processing was done

09-07-2006 >>>> NOA2

09-11-2006 >>>> notified via email

09-12-2006 >>>> Touched by USCIS

09-13-2006 >>>> NOA2 arrived by mail

10-08-2006 >>>> NVC assigned MNL2006772XXX

01-29-07 >>>> Medical Exam

02-05-07 >>>> Interview

02-10-07 >>>> POE - MN

"Love is not controlled by feelings. It does not do anything and everything it feels. Rather, in true love,

the feelings are under the control of principle.

Filed: Timeline

She just needs a NBI clearance and a police clearance from any other country that she has lived for over 6 months since age 16.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

What are the documents a K1 applicant needs to submit?

A fiance(e) is considered an intending immigrant and therefore must present documents similar to those required for an immigrant visa applicant. These include: a valid Philippine passport, a copy of your birth certificate issued by National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper; legal documents proving the termination of a previous marriage; NBI clearance, police certificates from all foreign countries where the applicant lived for at least six months starting at the age of 16; evidence of the relationship with the petitioner; evidence of financial support; a medical examination completed by St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic and visa photographs. Evidence must be presented that the couple met in person within the past two years before the petition was filed.

Timeline

Thank you all :)

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.