Gumbolette

FYI on Cenomar

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I already requested a CENOMAR yesterday together with my BC ad MC, I will come back today to pick the BC and MC up.

Would it make any difference if I go to main NSO to see if it is much quicker there?

To Luvtechwifey: It's just the same time frame. I got my CENOMAR after 3 weeks at NSO East Ave.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, those K-1 applicants need to get the CENOMAR and CEMAR for K-3 and CR-1/IR-1 applicants.

somebody :bonk: me... Marriage Certificate/Contract was just interchage to Certificate of Marriage, and now Certificate of Marriage is another certification?

To fellows who already acquire the CENMAR as it is called by few, what should I really tell the counter so that I'll get the exact document?

Thanks!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

To those who would like to acquire Cenomar, Please be informed that it will take 2 weeks before you can have the certificate.

To my surprise, I was like, uh? 2 weeks?... :blink: I kinda have to have it on my interview.

I just hope that the consul wouldn't be asking that from me.

I requested for CEMAR online on the ecensus site. see how long it would take. It was faster...i think about 5 working days was what it took but I think that is the fastest.

During my interview, I was not asked for the CEMAR; the CO said that he had a copy of my CENOMAR anyway. I presented it just the same and he just took a brief look at it and gave it back to me. .

Good luck, Cath! :thumbs:

BTW...you fill up the same form as CENOMAR. The document you will receive will tell you that you have at least 1 marriage to (your hubby).

Edited by ryandgracey

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

To those who would like to acquire Cenomar, Please be informed that it will take 2 weeks before you can have the certificate.

To my surprise, I was like, uh? 2 weeks?... :blink: I kinda have to have it on my interview.

I just hope that the consul wouldn't be asking that from me.

I requested for CEMAR online on the ecensus site. see how long it would take. It was faster...i think about 5 working days was what it took but I think that is the fastest.

During my interview, I was not asked for the CEMAR; the CO said that he had a copy of my CENOMAR anyway. I presented it just the same and he just took a brief look at it and gave it back to me. .

Good luck, Cath! :thumbs:

BTW...you fill up the same form as CENOMAR. The document you will receive will tell you that you have at least 1 marriage to (your hubby).

Yes, but I said CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE when I paid. It's 195.00, 5 working days at NSO East Ave., Diliman.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I went to NSO near SM Mall of Asia last year, it took them 8 days to release the CENOMAR but probably u could talk to them and explain that you need it ASAP. It could work. I guess you need it and even if they won't require you to present one, it's still safe to secure one. :)

Sdk4m8.png

4msavwlwa.png

AOS and EAD timeline:

January 20, 2010 - Sent AOS and EAD

January 22, 2010 - AOS and EAD received and signed for by CHYBA

January 28, 2010 - Check was cashed

February 2, 2010 - Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD

February 2, 2010 - Notice date biometrics appointment

February 5, 2010 - Received appointment notice

February 23, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

February 24, 2010 - Touch on AOS and EAD :)

March 12, 2010 - Received my interview letter for April 15, 2010 (dated March 9, 2010)

March 18, 2010 - EAD card production ordered

March 23, 2010 - 2nd e-mail (EAD card production ordered)

March 24, 2010 - 3rd e-mail (Approval notice for EAD sent)

March 27, 2010 - EAD received

April 15, 2010 - Interview (Approved)

April 23, 2010 - Card production ordered

April 28, 2010 - Card production ordered

May 3, 2010 - Received my green card! :)

ROC:

March 24, 2012 - Sent ROC packet :)

March 26, 2012 - I-751 packet received :)

March 29, 2012 - Check was cashed :)

March 30, 2012 - NOA1

April 27, 2012 - Received biometrics appointment.

May 23, 2012 - Biometrics Appointment - done :)

September 26, 2012 - ROC approved :)

oohkay.

So Certificate of Marriage.

Thanks guys.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Now, I'm starting to freak out again. :girlwerewolf2xn:

Sheryl, Abby's wife was not asked though about the cenomar..

Fingers crossed here that I will not be ask too, because if that would be the case then I'll just submit it after I have the Cenomar at hand.

If you are K1, you need the CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage on your interview.

Sheryl, Abby's wife wont be asked for CENOMAR since she is already married.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

The crazy lady in Tacloban required me to get a CENOMAR as well as Merlaine. Her's was required before a license would be issued (along with a whole stack of other documents). It only took about an hour at the NSO office there though not 2 weeks or even 2 days. We paid the fee, handed them the form you fill out and within an hour she had her CENOMAR - then the same for me the next day.

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

We just had our CR1 interview on 9/29/09 and got our visa without the CEMAR. The pre-screener asked us about CENOMAR and we told her we were married so we had marriage eing a requirement. certificate. The CO didnt even mention it. I think some of the pre-screeners get confused about the CEMAR not being required - just a guess. Anyways - better to get the CEMAR but it is not likely to be needed.

Hoot n Dolly

I-130 USCIS CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

08/18/2008 - Marriage

01/27/2009 - I-130 Sent

02/06/2009 - I-130 NOA1

02/12/2009 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

02/15/2009 - I-129F Sent

02/16/2009 - Our Baby Boy is born !!!

02/23/2009 - I-129F NOA1

03/16/2009 - I-130 Touch

04/24/2009 - I-129F NOA2 Approved

04/24/2009 - I-130 NOA2 Approved

04/30/2009 - I-129F Forwarded to Manila

Hi All,

We just had our CR1 interview on 9/29/09 and got our visa without the CEMAR. The pre-screener asked us about CENOMAR and we told her we were married so we had marriage eing a requirement. certificate. The CO didnt even mention it. I think some of the pre-screeners get confused about the CEMAR not being required - just a guess. Anyways - better to get the CEMAR but it is not likely to be needed.

Hoot n Dolly

There isn't ANY official documents called CENMAR or CEMAR. If a married person asks for CENOMAR they will get a marriage index showing their current marriage plus any past marriages.

You cannot appy for CENMAR or CEMAR on the gov site. NO such animal.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi All,

Hoot n Dolly

There isn't ANY official documents called CENMAR or CEMAR. If a married person asks for CENOMAR they will get a marriage index showing their current marriage plus any past marriages.

You cannot appy for CENMAR or CEMAR on the gov site. NO such animal.

yup this is right...

i think cemar or cenomar whatever you call it is just the same coz it will just show the marriages you have or had.

and if your going to get married in the philippines...for filipina, she will get cenomar from nso and for the usc, he will get legal capacity from the embassy...

i got mine after two weeks...i guess it depends on how busy nso in your place thats why some takes 2 weeks some just less than a week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
HUH? 2 weeks? that's strange. I got my CENOMAR in just 4 days. Oh btw, speaking of NSO, I asked them to give me the best copy of my birth certificate coz dang, its a #######. Even a pilot won't see anything on it. I doubt CO would accept with those words that I can barely see myself. So they advised me run around thingy and I hate it. I hate the fact that I can request for best copy of my birth certificate (in EXCEL according to the lady in window 20 in NSO East Ave.) What I don't understand is, if they can produce the Best Copy of those crappy birth certificate, why not give it in the first place RIGHT?

And they told me to wait for 2 weeks, and i said NO, I need it for urgent matter. The respond went like, WE NEED A PROOF THAT YOU REALLY NEED IT SO WE CAN HAVE IT RUSH. WTH!!!! Who are they joking with? Hmp, talaga naman oh..w

The NSO copy of my birth certificate sucks also. I asked them if it can be any clearer, they gave me a list of what to do so next time I request for it, it will be better. Unfortunately, the process will be about 2 weeks, more or less. Anyways, on my way to NSO, I've met a liaison officer working for a travel agency and she suggested me to get a copy of "Certificate of Live Birth" in our municipality as a back up for my NSO birth certificate which is very difficult to read. I'm thinking of doing it.

Edited by loveaboo

I got mine in 5 days mga sis:)

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Guys and girls,

You can request the following certifications and/or copies of civil documents from NSO:

1. Birth Certificate

2. Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR, also called the Singleness Certificate)

3. Marriage Certificate (this is what is has always been called...not CEMAR or CENMAR...no such terms exist)

4. Adoption

5. Legitimization

6. Dissolution of Marriage

7. Death

8. Other Certifications (such as Certification of No Live Birth --- for the ladies, this means there is no record of you giving birth to any child)

The CENOMAR is usually requested from applicants who have never been married. People who have been married before do not need a CENOMAR...if you were previously married, even if your marriage is annulled or terminated through divorce, the CENOMAR will show that you have a record of having been married before...having a marriage terminated doesn't mean you are "single" anymore on paper.

To show it has been terminated, you'd need to show your annotated NSO marriage certificate (which is basically your previous marriage certificate with a note typed on the left hand margin, with a brief summary of the decision of the annulment or divorce), your certificate of finality and the decision of the judge. An annotated NSO Marriage Certificate is the outcome of filing for a Dissolution of Marriage (#6).

Hope this helps.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

this is CEMAR (CERT OF MARRIAGE)

NSOCEMAR.jpg

and this is CENOMAR ( CERT OF NO MARRIAGE)

f5941482.jpg

did you see the difference? kung meron ka mang narinig na hindi hinanapan ng CEMAR stupid yung pre screener at pinalusot sya required yan sa interview mo FYI: mas mahigpit ang pre screen kesa sa CO mas maganda na yung meron ka kahit nde man nila hingin sayo kesa nman hingin sayo tpos wla ka naman mabigay baka madelay pa visa mo imbes na pink slip e blue/white slip (additional docs) mkuha mo

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.