tany1157

Moroccan members, how many visits to SO??

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just want to get an idea of what people think. My fiance has 3 friends who all immigrated here for a love...two of them had only one visit with their fiance, and one of them had 2. They were all approved for a visa. Now, I was only able to spend 21 days back in april to visit my fiance. Due to financial issues, and not being able to take time off of work, I am unable to visit him again this year. I was thinking to go there next year when he does his interview, but we decided to save my time off for when he gets here. And besides, I heard Casablanca does not let the fiance into the interview. I have read conflicting ideas about this. Some say, visit, visit, visit as much as you can. Take unpaid time off, etc. etc... Others say it is not a big deal how many times.... I would love to take unpaid time off of work, and visit a few times, but not able to. And I do agree it would probably look better, but circumstances don't always allow for the best option. I feel that the CO's would understand that. I think because I know of 2 cases from Morocco that were approved with one visit, that it IS possible, and not a big deal. So, I'm asking for the people who went through Casablanca, what do you think??

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just want to get an idea of what people think. My fiance has 3 friends who all immigrated here for a love...two of them had only one visit with their fiance, and one of them had 2. They were all approved for a visa. Now, I was only able to spend 21 days back in april to visit my fiance. Due to financial issues, and not being able to take time off of work, I am unable to visit him again this year. I was thinking to go there next year when he does his interview, but we decided to save my time off for when he gets here. And besides, I heard Casablanca does not let the fiance into the interview. I have read conflicting ideas about this. Some say, visit, visit, visit as much as you can. Take unpaid time off, etc. etc... Others say it is not a big deal how many times.... I would love to take unpaid time off of work, and visit a few times, but not able to. And I do agree it would probably look better, but circumstances don't always allow for the best option. I feel that the CO's would understand that. I think because I know of 2 cases from Morocco that were approved with one visit, that it IS possible, and not a big deal. So, I'm asking for the people who went through Casablanca, what do you think??

Hey, I visited this summer for 2 weeks and I am returning this December for almost 3 weeks. I going, though, becasue I want to - not for it to look good. I have also heard several different sides to the story. I was going to return for his interview, but heard they don't allow the fiance in, so I don't see where it would do any good.. plus I am doing my student teaching and I simply can't miss or I won't graduate. Ugh!!

I think it more about proving a real relationship than the amount of travels.

Good Luck!!!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

How many red flags do you have? If you have relatively few I doubt there will be a problem, but to be on the safe side and I would write a short letter to the consulate explaining your relationship, and include in that you would have loved to visit more, but your finances wouldn't allow it. I wouldn't dwell on it, just make it more of a side note.

If you do have some significant red flags I think it would be wise to plan a trip at his interview. They won't let you in, but he can certainly let take in proof that you are there. This would show the sincerity in you that it is a valid relationship.

As for these 3 friends that have already immigrated here. Did you meet them before you met your SO?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

depends on the case, how do (U) feel your chances are, given all that you have read and know about Casa. Its hard, very hard and if u try to hurry thru then u might as well forget it. If i were just suggesting i would encourage 2 for your sake to be more sure and get to know even better, see things of him u didnt before, meet more family etc etc. But if your money situation doesnt allow for this then its kinda up to your choice. Also i wouldnt be mentioning to many previous friends in the application or interviews, makes it kinda sound like they all had the intentions to come here as a group

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

depends on the case, how do (U) feel your chances are, given all that you have read and know about Casa. Its hard, very hard and if u try to hurry thru then u might as well forget it. If i were just suggesting i would encourage 2 for your sake to be more sure and get to know even better, see things of him u didnt before, meet more family etc etc. But if your money situation doesnt allow for this then its kinda up to your choice. Also i wouldnt be mentioning to many previous friends in the application or interviews, makes it kinda sound like they all had the intentions to come here as a group

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline
How many red flags do you have? If you have relatively few I doubt there will be a problem, but to be on the safe side and I would write a short letter to the consulate explaining your relationship, and include in that you would have loved to visit more, but your finances wouldn't allow it. I wouldn't dwell on it, just make it more of a side note.

If you do have some significant red flags I think it would be wise to plan a trip at his interview. They won't let you in, but he can certainly let take in proof that you are there. This would show the sincerity in you that it is a valid relationship.

As for these 3 friends that have already immigrated here. Did you meet them before you met your SO?

We don't really have any red flags. I feel pretty confidant in what we sent, and the relationship, so I am not too worried, just that I had been reading conflicting stories of... you need to go more than once, to...it doesn't matter. Thanks for the input. And no, I didn't meet his friends before I met him. My SO was not finding any woman he wanted to settle with, and his friend that was coming here suggested to go on this dating web site that he had used, and that is how we met. Also, thanks for suggesting the letter, it makes sense, so I think I will do it.

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

just saying each is different, i had a case, another on here had a similar case. Women near same age, men, actually mine was older....mine was semi business person, hers wasnt, mine knew good english, hers didnt...BUT she had more trips. Mine got returned, hers got accepted, did it matter who knows. I returned to marry and wait another year and never had another prob, he got the visa the next day after the interview. Each case is different :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

More visits are better. That's not to say that people aren't approved with only one visit all the time, but generally speaking, the more time spent together in person, the greater the chance of a successful visa interview, IMO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was there 4 times including when my husband had his interview. I definately do think that it helped. But 3 weeks is a lot longer than some people can go for. There are several people I know that only spent a week together before the interview. Regardless of how the interview turns out, I think the longer you can spend with your SO in person the easier both the adjustment and marriage will be. How many of us would marry someone we had only known in the states for a week?

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We don't really have any red flags. I feel pretty confidant in what we sent, and the relationship, so I am not too worried, just that I had been reading conflicting stories of... you need to go more than once, to...it doesn't matter. Thanks for the input. And no, I didn't meet his friends before I met him. My SO was not finding any woman he wanted to settle with, and his friend that was coming here suggested to go on this dating web site that he had used, and that is how we met. Also, thanks for suggesting the letter, it makes sense, so I think I will do it.

After reading what I wrote I have to laugh. Was I on drugs? :rofl: But you got the point.

As for the friends, if the consulate asks if he has friends in the US you might want to prepare yourself for questions, such as when did you and his friends first have contact. I doubt they will ask, but you never know. They asked my husband if the had relatives here, and it turned into a nasty misunderstanding that ended in a denial. So best to think ahead just in case.

Of course it is best the more visits you make, but if you can't, and address it in a way that satisfies them, you should be fine.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I went once and it was only for 8 days. i couldn't afford anymore time than that off work without pay. And we had no approval problem

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

:whistle:

After reading what I wrote I have to laugh. Was I on drugs? :rofl: But you got the point.

As for the friends, if the consulate asks if he has friends in the US you might want to prepare yourself for questions, such as when did you and his friends first have contact. I doubt they will ask, but you never know. They asked my husband if the had relatives here, and it turned into a nasty misunderstanding that ended in a denial. So best to think ahead just in case.

Of course it is best the more visits you make, but if you can't, and address it in a way that satisfies them, you should be fine.

:rofl: Thanks for the advice about the friends, I would not have thought of that. Now we can be prepared in case they do question anything on that topic.

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.