ally and moh

preparing to file

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I called uscis about filing the I130 after the fiance petition. All they requested was a letter stating that I was withdrawing the fiance visa petition. I sent this to them. I have included a copy of it with the new I130 petition and we hope to send it all back to the US today via DHL... if the English translation of the marriage certificate is ready!

As for pics with his family, we are still hoping that happens before I leave. But honestly if they try to turn us down because we have none, I think I will argue all day with them. This relationship is about the 2 of us, not his family or mine... and really that should be all that matters.

Sister, please just remember - fraud is fraud is fraud. If his family is cool with him coming to the US and marrying you, but they can't take two minutes to meet you on their turf - you're being scammed. I am so sorry to tell you this, but I cannot see it any other way, nor will a consular officer.

Moreover, you two have a few other red flags and I believe a CO will deny you all again. (F)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Agreed. Plus, we're talking about Arabs here. Family is very important to Arabs, if the family can't accept you enough to take a pic with you, that's a huge sign. Not sure why you'd want to marry into that. Not sure how that's acceptable.

I called uscis about filing the I130 after the fiance petition. All they requested was a letter stating that I was withdrawing the fiance visa petition. I sent this to them. I have included a copy of it with the new I130 petition and we hope to send it all back to the US today via DHL... if the English translation of the marriage certificate is ready!

As for pics with his family, we are still hoping that happens before I leave. But honestly if they try to turn us down because we have none, I think I will argue all day with them. This relationship is about the 2 of us, not his family or mine... and really that should be all that matters.

Sister, please just remember - fraud is fraud is fraud. If his family is cool with him coming to the US and marrying you, but they can't take two minutes to meet you on their turf - you're being scammed. I am so sorry to tell you this, but I cannot see it any other way, nor will a consular officer.

Moreover, you two have a few other red flags and I believe a CO will deny you all again. (F)

Filed: Timeline

Seems to me that the original reasons for denial still stand. Unless you overcome the reasons for the K-1 denial on this petition; your chances of being denied once more increase.

Culturally, this not-meeting-the-parents is a huge issue. Even bigger perhaps than the large 15 year age difference.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Maybe I have not given enough information here. I am living in Jordan now with my husband. It is true that his family does not know about our marriage. Part of that was OUR CHOICE. We wanted this 6 weeks alone... as a sort of honeymoon period. We did not want to visit family every day and that sort of thing. We were not sure how his family would react, so rather than make things harder, we just kept this private. Not to mention the fact that we are newlyweds and need this time to get to know each other.

It's not that his family knows nothing about me and our relationship. They see him online and on the phone with me when he visits their homes... so I am not someone he has been hiding for over a year. And his mother was there when he went for the medical exam for the first interview!

I met his family my first trip. We had no privacy. And honestly... I don't know why we didn't take any pictures with them that trip. At that point I had not researched all this visa processing and did not realize how important some stupid photos would be. And I really did not know if I would stay in Jordan or if he would try to move to the US. It wasn't a great trip, but some things went very well, especially with the sister of his I stayed with.

I see now that we made some mistakes. There is no way to undo what has been done. We are working very hard to get thru this I130 and K3 now. I sent all the paperwork back to the states yesterday. We are planning to visit his family before I leave. But now we just need our time alone. I wish someone could understand that. And please understand too that this is NOT fraud. We are very happy together. We have been for more than a year now and our love for each other has only gotten stronger as we have been living together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I thought you were just taking a long vacation, thats great that you are now living there.

Really, I think the ladies above were just telling you how they felt about it based on what you have been saying. The whole thing does look abnormal(especially for people that have some MENA cultural knowledge), so if you feel that its great and you are happy... good luck with everything.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

If the lease has both our names on it... I guess I am living here. LOL!

But I do still have 2 jobs and a home to go back to in the states... so a vacation in that sense too.

Timeline

lol, ya then I "lived" in JO too for 2 weeks :P

keep a copy of that lease ;)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
lol, ya then I "lived" in JO too for 2 weeks :P

keep a copy of that lease ;)

Gotta have it translated... but yes keeping it! As well as receipts and any other piece of paper we can think of.

And we are taking pics every day of everything we do... cooking, the laundry, all of it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, I had the pleasure of sharing the plane ride between JFK and AMM with Ally. It hurts me that people would write that her relationship is fraud just based on a couple o facts without knowing the whole story. I thought we were here to support each other, not to put each other down. I saw her reunited with Moh at the airport, and the way that they jumped into each other's arms and looked into each others eyes could only be real. Please don't judge, please be supportive. They are working on the family part of this and it is very difficult and complicated. The pictures that Aly has posted in facebook are so beautiul and their love comes shining throuh. Oh, and I was at the interview with my habibi, just as Ally will be with Moh. We were never asked for pictures with the family or anything about formal engagement party. I offered the pictures at the end and he did look at him, but barely. And they could have been anyone's family. For all he knew I could have paid a family 5JD's to pose with us. I didn't of course, but my whole point is please be kind and don't put scary thoughts into her head. This is hard enough as it is. Thanks. xoxox

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well if things don't work out as planned i'm sure your husband will want you to move to Jordan with him since as you mentioned before all both of you want is to be together for the rest of your lives. It will be difficult for him to be apart from you and he will certainly want you to move to Jordan to be with him.

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Timeline
Hi, I had the pleasure of sharing the plane ride between JFK and AMM with Ally. It hurts me that people would write that her relationship is fraud just based on a couple o facts without knowing the whole story. I thought we were here to support each other, not to put each other down. I saw her reunited with Moh at the airport, and the way that they jumped into each other's arms and looked into each others eyes could only be real. Please don't judge, please be supportive. They are working on the family part of this and it is very difficult and complicated. The pictures that Aly has posted in facebook are so beautiul and their love comes shining throuh. Oh, and I was at the interview with my habibi, just as Ally will be with Moh. We were never asked for pictures with the family or anything about formal engagement party. I offered the pictures at the end and he did look at him, but barely. And they could have been anyone's family. For all he knew I could have paid a family 5JD's to pose with us. I didn't of course, but my whole point is please be kind and don't put scary thoughts into her head. This is hard enough as it is. Thanks. xoxox

thats pretty rare that you werent asked for photos. I wasnt trying to "put scary thoughts in her head" I was trying to prepare her for the fact that they WILL want pics(especially since they asked for them the first time around) AND they have a documented suspected fraud case on his file, comparing your case to hers is doing her a diservice. I have shared PM's with alice and am well aware that she is a doll and a very nice person.

She is also applying for a k3 or cr1 this go around, not a k1 like yours. So, while im all for being supportive... im also a fan of helping people be prepared for whats ahead of them.

When a case is chaulk full of what anyone looking in sees as red flags... then you need to realize that a trained CO will also see those red flags and hence you need to be educated and aware of what you are up against. My best advise for preparing for an interview is to know YOUR red flags...then gather and present evidence to fight those.

Im not about gloom and doom but if it quacks and waddles, chances are..its a duck. we're not going to play the "lets list the red flags game", thats ally's job.........so Ally needs to take her case as serious as possible and be ready to PROVE the CO wrong.

Ally,

I know you dont want to read all of this ####### while you are on your honeymoon. (F) I want you to be ready for a long hard journey hun and dont fall victim to the thought "we're in love and thats all that matters" when it comes time for the proving bonofides.

Lisa

Well if things don't work out as planned i'm sure your husband will want you to move to Jordan with him since as you mentioned before all both of you want is to be together for the rest of your lives. It will be difficult for him to be apart from you and he will certainly want you to move to Jordan to be with him.

:thumbs:

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
thats pretty rare that you werent asked for photos. I wasnt trying to "put scary thoughts in her head" I was trying to prepare her for the fact that they WILL want pics(especially since they asked for them the first time around) AND they have a documented suspected fraud case on his file, comparing your case to hers is doing her a diservice. I have shared PM's with alice and am well aware that she is a doll and a very nice person.

She is also applying for a k3 or cr1 this go around, not a k1 like yours. So, while im all for being supportive... im also a fan of helping people be prepared for whats ahead of them. When a case is chaulk full of what anyone looking in sees as red flags... then you need to realize that a trained CO will also see those red flags and hence you need to be educated and aware of what you are up against. My best advise for preparing for an interview is to know YOUR red flags...then gather and present evidence to fight those.

Im not about gloom and doom but if it quacks and waddles, chances are..its a duck. we're not going to play the "lets list the red flags game", thats ally's job.........so Ally needs to take her case as serious as possible and be ready to PROVE the CO wrong.

I'm only here to help - not to put anyone down. If you looked at your case from the outside in, you would see what we see - but to hell with what we see, you'd see what a CO sees. If you told a CO - oh yes, we're married. And the CO asks: How does his family feel about that? You would say: Oh they don't know. The CO would again shut this case down because culturally, you all are doing something that is sooooooo unacceptable it's scary. Just know this: People in MENA countries do not marry someone without their family's knowledge or blessing.

Good luck to you both.

Timeline

She is also applying for a k3 or cr1 this go around, not a k1 like yours. So, while im all for being supportive... im also a fan of helping people be prepared for whats ahead of them. When a case is chaulk full of what anyone looking in sees as red flags... then you need to realize that a trained CO will also see those red flags and hence you need to be educated and aware of what you are up against. My best advise for preparing for an interview is to know YOUR red flags...then gather and present evidence to fight those.

I'm only here to help - not to put anyone down. If you looked at your case from the outside in, you would see what we see - but to hell with what we see, you'd see what a CO sees. If you told a CO - oh yes, we're married. And the CO asks: How does his family feel about that? You would say: Oh they don't know. The CO would again shut this case down because culturally, you all are doing something that is sooooooo unacceptable it's scary. Just know this: People in MENA countries do not marry someone without their family's knowledge or blessing.

Good luck to you both.

She's totally right. :thumbs:

I dont think anyone was out to make Ally feel bad here, really I dont.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok Guys, sorry if i came accross as abrupt, Alice had confided in me how upset they felt by some of these comments so I wanted to stick up for my dear friend and her husband. I do not mean any harm, and thank you for explaining more that you were NOT picking on her, you were just looking out for her.

I am happy everyone is so supportive of her and of each other. So that being said...I can only imagine how difficut it is NOT to have the support of the family behind them and it is good you made her aware that it may come up at the interview so they can be prepared. Also she still has like a month there so there is time to bridge some relationships, inshaallah.

Alice and Moh, enjoy your time together in Amman as husband and wife and make every second count!!! I am back in USA now and so sad to be back. :( Love you guys. xoxoxo

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline
Ok Guys, sorry if i came accross as abrupt, Alice had confided in me how upset they felt by some of these comments so I wanted to stick up for my dear friend and her husband. I do not mean any harm, and thank you for explaining more that you were NOT picking on her, you were just looking out for her.

I am happy everyone is so supportive of her and of each other. So that being said...I can only imagine how difficut it is NOT to have the support of the family behind them and it is good you made her aware that it may come up at the interview so they can be prepared. Also she still has like a month there so there is time to bridge some relationships, inshaallah.

Alice and Moh, enjoy your time together in Amman as husband and wife and make every second count!!! I am back in USA now and so sad to be back. :( Love you guys. xoxoxo

no problem, I realized that you were just looking out for her feelings :)

I wish nothing but the best for Ally.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.