MsSheka

NVC October 2009 edition

2,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
to all who are waiting for a NVC case #...1.you can try the automated system and use your USCIS receipt number 2. you can elect to speak to an operator you will select 1 (for english) and 5 (to speak to an operator) the number to the NVC is 603-334-0700 automated system is available 24hrs a day and operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST)

PS. you will have to verify personal info on the Petitioner and Beneficiary i was advised by NVC that in some cases the AVR may not be updated however it takes 2-4 weeks from your NOA2 date for them to receive your case and asssign NVC# they also recommend that you speak to an operator if it has been more than two weeks since your NOA2 (NOA2 date not the day you got notified)

And that is 100% correct. I received my NOA2 in the mail on 9/18 (approved 9/11) and finally got my case number last night when I called. The AVR had no record, but then I hit 5 for an operator. My man Bill gave me my case number and took our e-mail addresses. :thumbs:

For the sake of research, I called the AVR again today, and my case info is on there. They then say to wait 6 - 8 for the Beneficiary to receive information... Yeah, don't think so!!! :whistle:

thats right you just wait for that DS-3032 message on the AVR and send that email or print the form now and get it signed use the shortcuts they seem to be working very well (remember the DS-3032 email takes about 7-10 days to be accepted) :thumbs::thumbs: WOOHOO :dance::dance: lets go :thumbs:

Or if you give them your email addresses, they will send everything to you via email. :thumbs:

The hubby and I are going to do the electronic filing for NVC it seems to get you the interview faster in Montreal. Unfortunately, Montreal is one of the few consulates where you can do that. If I don't file that way, I could wait at least 3 to 4 months for an interview. That is not an option I want to consider. :angry: Now I hope my scanner will save stuff as a pdf file. :wacko:

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thanks for the info as always Msheka and Finn.... Good luck with the journey.. more waiting and more patience! :)

Dhel thank you thank you m1248.gifm1256.gif

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Hello guys, we got our NOA2 on Sept 21, I know we shouldn´t call the NVC to ask for our case number yet but I can´t help it! My baby called today and of course nothing yet. I really hope Ms. Sheka, and Mark to get aproved this week. By now my baby and I are trying to get all our documents ready, forms too.

I´m going back home next month, and with God help, I wish to be with my baby first months next year!! Just to think about it...makes me cry :cry: of happiness!

Good luck to everyone and thank for share your feelings with us.

Time to go to bed, I hope to read good news tomorrow!!

There is nothing in this world I want more than being with my baby!!
Edited by karinapogue

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I am on the phone with the stupidest NVC operator I think in existence.

hermana, it is high time they complete your case by now. make room for me. :lol: just got my case number today, and anxious to get started :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
case arrived at nvc last night. got my case number this morning, and updated hubby's and my email addresses :dance:

Congrats Kathy!!! How did you find out that your case arrived at the NVC? I will wait to call too next week or this Friday if I can hold out that long!!! :whistle::whistle:

I have exact same question about finding a case at NYC. Now If we keep chat minimum, it will be very easy to find answer to this question.

Someone will answer this question and it will be right there, instead of browsing other 3-4 pages of chat.

2USA, my friends here have been so nice to you here (while I bite my tongue, oops, I mean fingers). You still have to mention the chat. As everyone told you, we are supportive friends and as they say, chat happens. ha! If you have a question, ask it. But you need to be respectful of this group. Also, please fill in your timeline so you can get answers to your questions. This thread isn't going to change for you. Enough said. Or typed. Ms. Sheka started this group, and she's the most positive person on VJ. We are protective here.

As far as I can tell, you have to call NVC to see if your case arrived. Apparently it's taking 2-3 weeks so that's why I'm waiting until next week to even call. I'll post a link in a second to the shortcut.

Here it is! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

:rofl::rofl: (((Finn))) I love it!! :D B)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

hermana, it is high time they complete your case by now. make room for me. :lol: just got my case number today, and anxious to get started :dance:

YOU'RE TELLING ME! This guy, Tony, was a complete idiot. I said to him first off, "I want to check the status of my further review." He had no idea ####### I was talking about. He then started telling me that an RFE was issued on Sept. 15 and started explaining what they want. I was like, "Sir, I know what the checklist is for (he didn't know what RFE meant...) and I have already requested a supervisor review on Sept. 14". He then put me on hold and came back saying that it had been reviewed and the RFE was "new". I said to him, "No, it was technically called for on Sept. 11 which is why supervisor review was requested on Sept. 14 and the actual RFE wasn't generated until Sept. 15". He then said, "The documents were filled out wrong." That pissed me right off. I asked for a supervisor because this was just stupid. Supervisor assured me that all was okay and that it hadn't been reviewed yet and to give them just a couple more days and to call back. He also said my explanation seemed fine and that it should all be okay.

I just cannot believe the incompetence of the operators sometimes.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Where there is one, there is always another.

YOU'RE TELLING ME! This guy, Tony, was a complete idiot. I said to him first off, "I want to check the status of my further review." He had no idea ####### I was talking about. He then started telling me that an RFE was issued on Sept. 15 and started explaining what they want. I was like, "Sir, I know what the checklist is for (he didn't know what RFE meant...) and I have already requested a supervisor review on Sept. 14". He then put me on hold and came back saying that it had been reviewed and the RFE was "new". I said to him, "No, it was technically called for on Sept. 11 which is why supervisor review was requested on Sept. 14 and the actual RFE wasn't generated until Sept. 15". He then said, "The documents were filled out wrong." That pissed me right off. I asked for a supervisor because this was just stupid. Supervisor assured me that all was okay and that it hadn't been reviewed yet and to give them just a couple more days and to call back. He also said my explanation seemed fine and that it should all be okay.

They need to get their heads out of their butts, and get your case complete.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Sounds like they pulled this Tony from the Burger King drive thru... "No I did not order a whopper with cheese, I ordered a chicken sandwich".... "Oh by the way, you sound just stupid enough, would you like to come work for NVC"??? Guess they look for the ones with a few sandwiches short in the picnic basket!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Sounds like they pulled this Tony from the Burger King drive thru... "No I did not order a whopper with cheese, I ordered a chicken sandwich".... "Oh by the way, you sound just stupid enough, would you like to come work for NVC"??? Guess they look for the ones with a few sandwiches short in the picnic basket!!!

Good one Girl :rofl::rofl:

The other ones they look for is the ones whose cheese slid off their crackers.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Or like momma would say "If brains were dynamite, that boy couldent blow his nose"!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

omg! what the heck?? i am glad you had the sense to talk to a super! your completion is on the horizon, sis!

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline
omg! what the heck?? i am glad you had the sense to talk to a super! your completion is on the horizon, sis!

Yeah, haha. He's definitely not a Comrade recruit. :lol:

I hope so, Sis, I hope so!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Or like momma would say "If brains were dynamite, that boy couldent blow his nose"!

:rofl::rofl:

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.