MsSheka

NVC October 2009 edition

2,867 posts in this topic

If we dont call NVC for a number will they still mail us everything we need? How much does calling speed up the process?

We still need to sell a house (which is not listed yet!) and a car and a lot of household items before he will move so I am wondering if we need to be as aggressive about gettig this done since if we got the visa tomorrow he still wouldnt come until all of that was done.

I would assume that they send something down the line, but calling NVC to get your case # would save a ton of time. Wow, you two have a lot going on! My hubby can't even come here until February because of a work contract and apartment lease that he doesn't want to break, which sucks for me. However, I still want this to go as fast as possible, and get his interview done before Xmas! I also have some home remodeling projects that really need to get done before he gets here...ha! I want him here yesterday of course...I think you should still call and get your case # and get things rolling, because it sounds like NVC is a little backlogged. What do you think is the soonest that the Scot can arrive? Is the house in Scotland that will be sold? If so, hopefully the market is better there!

He would need to move within 6 months of getting the visa or it would be void and we start all over again. I hate all the uncertainty and not being able to plan. I plan vacations and things a year ahead normally but right now I cant plan a thing!

I think we typed at the same time! I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm such a planner with trips too. It's driving me batty! Definitely get him here within the 6 months. Could you imagine going thru all of this again? No way!!!!!

I thought the stress level dropped after the NOA2, but it's creeping up again. My hubby hasn't received two police certificates yet! I don't know why they take forever, but one of them is the darn UK one!

David got the Scotland police record and he is plannong to post the request for the UK one before he comes here. I believe it takes like 10 days. He hasnt heard a word from his doctor about immunaztion records yet. I feel like the entire process is "hurry up and wiat!"

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

You are so lucky he's coming to visit you TWICE! My hubby has a ton of time off, but we didn't want to take the chance of him getting turned away (your hubby has a better chance of that not happening-owning a house, bringing his mum, etc...). Oh, and he got his Finland police cert in the mail today! Now we just need the UK one and we have everything! Well, he has everything...still needs to get to me!

I'm cleaning out my garage now! Break's over...

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

You are so lucky he's coming to visit you TWICE! My hubby has a ton of time off, but we didn't want to take the chance of him getting turned away (your hubby has a better chance of that not happening-owning a house, bringing his mum, etc...). Oh, and he got his Finland police cert in the mail today! Now we just need the UK one and we have everything! Well, he has everything...still needs to get to me!

If he lives in Finland why does he need a UK police certificate?

It is raining cats and dogs here so it's a good day for cleaning anyway!

Timeline

You mean he doesn't need one from every country? hehee just kidding. He lived in Ireland for a period of time. Now he's living in Malta, working for a Finnish company. Lucky for me he's moved around-so moving here won't be much of an adjustment for him!

I can't believe the ####### I'm finding in my garage...

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

No internet acces the last couple of days. NVC received our case on September 30. They have our e-mails. Now we wait.

I havent called them yet. I'm not sure how long to wait. We were approved around same time as you. Have you already got a number?

No internet acces the last couple of days. NVC received our case on September 30. They have our e-mails. Now we wait.

I havent called them yet. I'm not sure how long to wait. We were approved around same time as you. Have you already got a number?

Yeah we got our number. I called twice a day everyday since my I-130 was approved. Finally on October 1 the automated message said that it was in the system as of September 30 and it gave me my number. I spoke to an operator who took our e-mails and she said we will get info in about 2 weeks through e-mail.

Yeah we got our number. I called twice a day everyday since my I-130 was approved. Finally on October 1 the automated message said that it was in the system as of September 30 and it gave me my number. I spoke to an operator who took our e-mails and she said we will get info in about 2 weeks through e-mail.

We were approved Sept 30th but we havent even got the hard copy NOA2 yet.

Timeline

David's Girl-I got mine (hard copy NOA2) six days after approval. You'll get it this week!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

You mean he doesn't need one from every country? hehee just kidding. He lived in Ireland for a period of time. Now he's living in Malta, working for a Finnish company. Lucky for me he's moved around-so moving here won't be much of an adjustment for him!

I can't believe the ####### I'm finding in my garage...

Finn Love, I think the ####### your finding in your garage, your throwing in the closet Im trying to clean out. ####### I have no idea where it came from. LOL UGH, do husbands really need closet space???

Best wishes October NVCer's!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I finally got the emails from the NVC! Hubbs texted me while I was at the laundrymat tonight... He has a knack for telling me important good stuff via text while I'm out doing stuff .. Like doing the laundry at the laundrymat, work, or the grocery store.... So I always get the crazy looks cause I celebrate no matter where I am! :whistle::dance: :dance:

[/quote

You should just start jumpin round sayin "Oh my God, Oh My God... The clothes are clean, my clothes are clean!!!" or "Start yelling how it is SOOO great that the cereal is on sale!!!" and really confuse people!!!! :devil::wacko:

Congratulations!!!

I love it!!! That'll make them wonder what's up!!! :dance::dance:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

This is what I'm worried about. I'm planning to visit, but I recently left my job, and have neither rent nor a mortgage to pay, just lots of utility bills!! I've only visited the US once before (back in July, staying 14 days) so I've not got a track record to speak of. My husband will have run out of holidays by then so it's either risk it and hope we have a romantic POE officer, or it's an eleven hour flight back to London :crying: :crying:

Timeline
So I've made the jump from July filers to October NVC :) We got our hardcopy approval on Monday, but as it's acually dated 23rd September we're going to give NVC a call on Friday. We've had all our documents a while, the only exception being my police certificate, so I hope to send that off in the next day or two - it's already filled etc but I need someone to verify those damn photos and I don't know why but that's always so hard :unsure:

I'm hoping that we follow others' quick journey through this stage, but what I'm worried about is the three month wait at London for the interview. Three months doing nothing (well apart from the medical, and I'm realllllly looking forward to that :rolleyes:

Hey Treehugger! I got my hardcopy yesterday in the mail, both the I-130 and the I-129f approval and they are dated for the 23rd of September too!!! I have been calling the AVR but they haven't updated it yet. I can't decide if I should call and speak to an operator or not!! I would hate to talk to a live person and them tell me that it hasn't arrived yet!!!

Let me know what you end up doing!!

Also, I have a question to post out there....On the approvals above the beneficiary's (husband's) name, there is a number above it. Is this the A number they ask for on the I-864 form???? It's A### ### ###

What do you all think???? :blink::blink:

My husband called on Friday and spoke to the operator, who said it's a 2-4 week wait after the approval, and of course it'd only been nine days. Anyway, hubby's going to call every day of the working week until we get it :)

That is what I am planning on doing too!!! I read somewhere that they update the AVR around 10-10:30pm each weekday evening...

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So I've made the jump from July filers to October NVC :) We got our hardcopy approval on Monday, but as it's acually dated 23rd September we're going to give NVC a call on Friday. We've had all our documents a while, the only exception being my police certificate, so I hope to send that off in the next day or two - it's already filled etc but I need someone to verify those damn photos and I don't know why but that's always so hard :unsure:

I'm hoping that we follow others' quick journey through this stage, but what I'm worried about is the three month wait at London for the interview. Three months doing nothing (well apart from the medical, and I'm realllllly looking forward to that :rolleyes:

Hey Treehugger! I got my hardcopy yesterday in the mail, both the I-130 and the I-129f approval and they are dated for the 23rd of September too!!! I have been calling the AVR but they haven't updated it yet. I can't decide if I should call and speak to an operator or not!! I would hate to talk to a live person and them tell me that it hasn't arrived yet!!!

Let me know what you end up doing!!

Also, I have a question to post out there....On the approvals above the beneficiary's (husband's) name, there is a number above it. Is this the A number they ask for on the I-864 form???? It's A### ### ###

What do you all think???? :blink::blink:

My husband called on Friday and spoke to the operator, who said it's a 2-4 week wait after the approval, and of course it'd only been nine days. Anyway, hubby's going to call every day of the working week until we get it :)

I agree :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
:dance::dance: I just called and it was updated last night!!! I got a case number!!!! Whoohoo!!! It got there on the 2nd of October!!! :dance::dance:

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.