MsSheka

NVC October 2009 edition

2,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I wonder why NVC doesn't have a system like USCIS where u can look up to see the status of your case, instead of everyone trying to dial 603 at the same time... ????? just a thought...

It's probably because they don't want you calling them at USCIS but at NVC...they welcome it. xD

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got the emails from the NVC! Hubbs texted me while I was at the laundrymat tonight... He has a knack for telling me important good stuff via text while I'm out doing stuff .. Like doing the laundry at the laundrymat, work, or the grocery store.... So I always get the crazy looks cause I celebrate no matter where I am! :whistle::dance: :dance:

I like your style, redmen! :thumbs: Life is too short to be anything but happy. Cheer to you!!! :thumbs:

USCIS Journey (see timeline)

05/02/2009……I-130 Sent

09/28/2009....I-130 Approved

NVC Journey

10/05/2009....NVC Received & Case# Assigned

10/06/2009....DS-3032 & AOS Received via email/DS-3032 Sent via email/Pay AOS fee online

10/07/2009....DS-3032 Hardcopy Sent via Fedex; Received & signed by: K. StLaurent, Oct 8, 2009 10:03 AM

10/08/2009....AOS Bill status: PAID; Printed cover sheet

10/09/2009....I-864EZ Packet sent via FedEx; Received & signed by: K. StLaurent, Oct 13, 2009 9:55 AM

10/16/2009....I-864EZ Packet received per AVR/IV Bill generated & pay IV Bill

10/17/2009....DS-3032 Received per AVR/DS-3032 Accepted via email 10/19 / DS-3032 accepted via email 10/20)

10/21/2009....IV Bill status: PAID

10/21/2009....FedEx DS-230 Packet & delivered and signed for by: J.DESMOND Oct 22, 2009 9:34 AM

10/23/2009....RFE per AVR (document was missing or incomplete) <---False (DS-230 was delivered but not yet in the system)

10/24/2009....Checklist response was received per AVR <--- DS-230 is now in the system

10/28/2009....Received "Checklist Letter Response" email

11/04/2009....RFE for Missing PC per Operator/AVR

11/06/2009....Received RFE for Missing PC/Fedex PC

11/09/2009....RFE Delivered and Signed for by: K.STLAURENT Nov 9, 2009 9:50 AM

11/16/2009....Checklist received per AVR

11/24/2009....Sign In: Failed

11/25/2009....Case Completed: 11/24 per AVR

12/03/2009....Interview Date: January 07, 2010

12/11/2009....Case mailed to embassy: 12/10 per AVR

01/07/2010....Interview Result: Approved

01/15/2010....Visa Received: Yes

02/04/2010....Arrived: Los Angeles (LAX)

I wonder why NVC doesn't have a system like USCIS where u can look up to see the status of your case, instead of everyone trying to dial 603 at the same time... ????? just a thought...

It's probably because they don't want you calling them at USCIS but at NVC...they welcome it. xD

hahaha.. good one...

USCIS Stage

August 19, 2009: Mailed I-130 to Chicago lockbox priority mail

August 23, 2009: Package received in Chicago

August 27, 2009: NOA1

August 31, 2009: Touched!

September 21, 2009: Touched

September 25, 2009: Touched

September 28, 2009: NOA2 hard copy received (approved 9/23)

NVC Stage

October 6, 2009: Case received

October 7, 2009: Case # assigned

October 8, 2009: Updated email addresses.

October 9, 2009: AOS fee Bill generated

DS3032 email received

October 10, 2009: AOS fee bill paid

DS3032 send (email)

October 13, 2009 DS3032 sent thru snail mail

October 15, 2009 AOS bill PAID. printed cover sheet

October 22, 2009: AOS Sent

October 26, 2009: Ds-3032 received by NVC

October 28, 2009: Paid IV Bill

October 29, 2009: Received IV fee bill email

November 2, 2009: DS-230 Sent

November 6, 2009: Check list received by NVC

November 17, 2009: Sign in failed

November 28, 2009: Appointment letter received (interview date: january 5, 2009)

December 21, 2009: 1st day of Medical at St. Luke's

December 28, 2009: 2nd day of Medical at St. Luke's PASSED... (why its not a consecutive day medical? i don't know, he wasn't the only one who was told to come back a week after)

January 5, 2009: PASSED interview! (THANK YOU LORD...)

January 7, 2009: Received Visa....

So I've made the jump from July filers to October NVC :) We got our hardcopy approval on Monday, but as it's acually dated 23rd September we're going to give NVC a call on Friday. We've had all our documents a while, the only exception being my police certificate, so I hope to send that off in the next day or two - it's already filled etc but I need someone to verify those damn photos and I don't know why but that's always so hard :unsure:

I'm hoping that we follow others' quick journey through this stage, but what I'm worried about is the three month wait at London for the interview. Three months doing nothing (well apart from the medical, and I'm realllllly looking forward to that :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the stupid photos for the UK police cert? My hubby lived in Ireland a few years ago. He had to send the photos to his parents, who had to go to his dentist to verify it was him, then send it back to him. He knows his check was cashed but still hasn't received the police cert. That was the silliest thing he's had to do yet for this!

Yup, the very same. I'll try and get them done this weekend, along with the one million and one other things I'm supposed to do :rolleyes:

So I've made the jump from July filers to October NVC :) We got our hardcopy approval on Monday, but as it's acually dated 23rd September we're going to give NVC a call on Friday. We've had all our documents a while, the only exception being my police certificate, so I hope to send that off in the next day or two - it's already filled etc but I need someone to verify those damn photos and I don't know why but that's always so hard :unsure:

I'm hoping that we follow others' quick journey through this stage, but what I'm worried about is the three month wait at London for the interview. Three months doing nothing (well apart from the medical, and I'm realllllly looking forward to that :rolleyes:

Hey Treehugger! I got my hardcopy yesterday in the mail, both the I-130 and the I-129f approval and they are dated for the 23rd of September too!!! I have been calling the AVR but they haven't updated it yet. I can't decide if I should call and speak to an operator or not!! I would hate to talk to a live person and them tell me that it hasn't arrived yet!!!

Let me know what you end up doing!!

Also, I have a question to post out there....On the approvals above the beneficiary's (husband's) name, there is a number above it. Is this the A number they ask for on the I-864 form???? It's A### ### ###

What do you all think???? :blink::blink:

My husband called on Friday and spoke to the operator, who said it's a 2-4 week wait after the approval, and of course it'd only been nine days. Anyway, hubby's going to call every day of the working week until we get it :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I finally got the case number, exactly after 10 days, but on Saturday so cant give them my email address :(...anyways will do that first thing Monday morning...good luck all

USCIS:

08-07-2009 : I-130 Sent

08-08-2009 : I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

08-13-2009 : NOA1 hard copy received - California Service Center

09-23-2009 : NOA2 Email & Text message received

09-28-2009 : NOA2 hard copy received/I-130 Approved

NVC:

10-03-2009 : NVC Received and assigned case #

10-07-2009 : Received I-864 Bill

10-07-2009 : Paid I-864 Bill

10-07-2009 : Return Completed E-mail DS-3032

10-08-2009 : Return Completed Hard Copy of DS-3032

10-10-2009 : Return Completed I-864

10-22-2009 : Received IV Bill

10-27-2009 : Paid IV Bill - After waiting 5 days for email

10-28-2009 : Sent DS 230

11-02-2009 : DS 230 is in the system, AVR says they are reviewing

11-10-2009 : Login Failed

11-12-2009 : Case Completed at NVC

12-02-2009 : NVC Left

12-04-2009 : RFE to bring new Police Certificates at the interview

01-04-2010 : Medical Done

01-14-2010 : Recevied Police Certificates

01-22-2010 : Printed Chat Logs (Skype), Emails, Phone logs, Financial Statements, Insurance Card & Wedding & Honeymoon Pics to prove Bonafide Marriage

01-28-2010 : Scheduled Interview - APPROVED

01-29-2010 : Visa Received

02-11-2010 : US Entry - Allhamdulillah had no problems

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Cool Still! I better call the automated system today too!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

If we dont call NVC for a number will they still mail us everything we need? How much does calling speed up the process?

We still need to sell a house (which is not listed yet!) and a car and a lot of household items before he will move so I am wondering if we need to be as aggressive about gettig this done since if we got the visa tomorrow he still wouldnt come until all of that was done.

Timeline
If we dont call NVC for a number will they still mail us everything we need? How much does calling speed up the process?

We still need to sell a house (which is not listed yet!) and a car and a lot of household items before he will move so I am wondering if we need to be as aggressive about gettig this done since if we got the visa tomorrow he still wouldnt come until all of that was done.

I would assume that they send something down the line, but calling NVC to get your case # would save a ton of time. Wow, you two have a lot going on! My hubby can't even come here until February because of a work contract and apartment lease that he doesn't want to break, which sucks for me. However, I still want this to go as fast as possible, and get his interview done before Xmas! I also have some home remodeling projects that really need to get done before he gets here...ha! I want him here yesterday of course...I think you should still call and get your case # and get things rolling, because it sounds like NVC is a little backlogged. What do you think is the soonest that the Scot can arrive? Is the house in Scotland that will be sold? If so, hopefully the market is better there!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

I would assume that they send something down the line, but calling NVC to get your case # would save a ton of time. Wow, you two have a lot going on! My hubby can't even come here until February because of a work contract and apartment lease that he doesn't want to break, which sucks for me. However, I still want this to go as fast as possible, and get his interview done before Xmas! I also have some home remodeling projects that really need to get done before he gets here...ha! I want him here yesterday of course...I think you should still call and get your case # and get things rolling, because it sounds like NVC is a little backlogged. What do you think is the soonest that the Scot can arrive? Is the house in Scotland that will be sold? If so, hopefully the market is better there!

Well since he says we cant afford any loss on the sale price I would guess it is going to be a few months from when he lists to when it sells and he hasnt listed it yet. I would give absolutely anything for him to be here now or at least by Christmas and New Years but it isnt gonna happen.

I guess I dont understand how it saves time if I stil have to wait for them to generate the bill and for the bar code. This is as confusing as taxes! :wacko:

He would need to move within 6 months of getting the visa or it would be void and we start all over again. I hate all the uncertainty and not being able to plan. I plan vacations and things a year ahead normally but right now I cant plan a thing!

Timeline

I think because if they send a letter without you calling, it'll probably come in 2011! Of course, I still don't know if you HAVE to call.

Wow, selling a house is so stressful. Well, the hardest part for me was keeping it clean! ha! I would love to have my Finn Man here by Xmas, except we're spending Xmas in Finland anyway (which is another problem-we don't know when his interview is yet so we can't book our trip at this point. It'll probably cost me 3x more!).

PS Can he put his house on the market now?

Edited by FinnLove

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline

He would need to move within 6 months of getting the visa or it would be void and we start all over again. I hate all the uncertainty and not being able to plan. I plan vacations and things a year ahead normally but right now I cant plan a thing!

I think we typed at the same time! I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm such a planner with trips too. It's driving me batty! Definitely get him here within the 6 months. Could you imagine going thru all of this again? No way!!!!!

I thought the stress level dropped after the NOA2, but it's creeping up again. My hubby hasn't received two police certificates yet! I don't know why they take forever, but one of them is the darn UK one!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

I think because if they send a letter without you calling, it'll probably come in 2011! Of course, I still don't know if you HAVE to call.

Wow, selling a house is so stressful. Well, the hardest part for me was keeping it clean! ha! I would love to have my Finn Man here by Xmas, except we're spending Xmas in Finland anyway (which is another problem-we don't know when his interview is yet so we can't book our trip at this point. It'll probably cost me 3x more!).

PS Can he put his house on the market now?

Tell me about it! I am on a brief break from cleaning cos he is coming on Monday and I am working all day!

If the kids mess it up I'll need to ground them! :devil:

I flew on xmas eve last year and we had a nice Christmas together then visited his family. He flew back here with me and we stayed in a hotel in Boston and watched fireworks from our room and then had a nice dinner out and got frostbite walking a block back to the hotel. It was below zero. Sooo cold. He is coming here for Thanksgiving with his mum and also for Christmas this yr.I am sooo excited. :dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.