fewfwfee

Need help with G325A - regarding employment.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Alright, another issue has arisen. I was strolling the forum & stumbled upon a thread asking if calling card receipts were valid evidence. Of course, the answer was no, but my fiance & I communicate using them. I have spent a little over 1,000 dollars on calling cards to call him over the past, oh, 6 months.

Well, I believe that the calling card company I used will not give me detailed call reports without a court subpoena, so that leaves us only with 2 letters, 3 cards, 1 month of call logs from my phone company before I discovered calling cards (I called everyday about 3 times a day for a full month & the call records show that), & a ton of e-mails back & forth over the span of our relationship. I also have several pictures of us together, but I think that goes more towards proof of having met.

Do you think this is enough, or will we get an RFE?

Thanks in advance.

You won't get an RFE. The only thing USCIS requires with the petition is proof that you've met each other face to face. Calling card, call logs, emails, letters, cards, etc. do NOT prove this at all. In fact, they are evidence you were NOT together when you were communicating. This sort of thing is proof of an ongoing relationship. With some consulates, it's highly advisable to include some of this evidence with the petition, especially if it helps to address "red flags" in your case. I've never heard of this being required or even helpful at the US Embassy in London. Include this stuff if you like, but make sure you've covered the bases with proof of having met first. It would suck to send in 50 pages of emails and chat logs and then get an RFE because you didn't include enough boarding passes or passport stamps.

Another question.

I have made copies of my birth certificate, but I read that they want copies of the front & back alike. Well, mine is blank on the back side, except for a 6 digit number in red at the bottom of the certificate. Do they want a copy of this also, & if so, since it will be a blank copy except for those small digits, should I label what it is?

Thank you in advance.

Absolutely, send copies of both sides. They specifically ask for this. If there's nothing on the back side, then they want to know that. My birth certificate also only has a number on the back printed in red.

I scanned every document copy I sent. I printed the scans in color on a page with a heading at the top of the page containing my name, the attachment number, and what specifically the page contained (i.e., "Petitoner's birth certificate, back side").

Should I put this on my cover letter? I mean, if they have already asked for both sides, should it say on my cover letter that there is 2 pages, the front & back side? Also, instead of making a page with a heading, can I put a post-it upon the page that just states "Petitioner's birth certificate; back side"? I just would rather not waste paper & confuse them more by printing out a titled page for it, & paperclip them together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Alright, another issue has arisen. I was strolling the forum & stumbled upon a thread asking if calling card receipts were valid evidence. Of course, the answer was no, but my fiance & I communicate using them. I have spent a little over 1,000 dollars on calling cards to call him over the past, oh, 6 months.

Well, I believe that the calling card company I used will not give me detailed call reports without a court subpoena, so that leaves us only with 2 letters, 3 cards, 1 month of call logs from my phone company before I discovered calling cards (I called everyday about 3 times a day for a full month & the call records show that), & a ton of e-mails back & forth over the span of our relationship. I also have several pictures of us together, but I think that goes more towards proof of having met.

Do you think this is enough, or will we get an RFE?

Thanks in advance.

You won't get an RFE. The only thing USCIS requires with the petition is proof that you've met each other face to face. Calling card, call logs, emails, letters, cards, etc. do NOT prove this at all. In fact, they are evidence you were NOT together when you were communicating. This sort of thing is proof of an ongoing relationship. With some consulates, it's highly advisable to include some of this evidence with the petition, especially if it helps to address "red flags" in your case. I've never heard of this being required or even helpful at the US Embassy in London. Include this stuff if you like, but make sure you've covered the bases with proof of having met first. It would suck to send in 50 pages of emails and chat logs and then get an RFE because you didn't include enough boarding passes or passport stamps.

Another question.

I have made copies of my birth certificate, but I read that they want copies of the front & back alike. Well, mine is blank on the back side, except for a 6 digit number in red at the bottom of the certificate. Do they want a copy of this also, & if so, since it will be a blank copy except for those small digits, should I label what it is?

Thank you in advance.

Absolutely, send copies of both sides. They specifically ask for this. If there's nothing on the back side, then they want to know that. My birth certificate also only has a number on the back printed in red.

I scanned every document copy I sent. I printed the scans in color on a page with a heading at the top of the page containing my name, the attachment number, and what specifically the page contained (i.e., "Petitoner's birth certificate, back side").

Should I put this on my cover letter? I mean, if they have already asked for both sides, should it say on my cover letter that there is 2 pages, the front & back side? Also, instead of making a page with a heading, can I put a post-it upon the page that just states "Petitioner's birth certificate; back side"? I just would rather not waste paper & confuse them more by printing out a titled page for it, & paperclip them together.

Some of my attachments were several pages, but my cover letter still only listed the single attachment, and not each separate page. I had page numbers on the attachment (e.g, "Page 1 of 6").

I think you misunderstood me. I printed each copy of a document on one page only, sized to fit within the margins of the page. On top of the SAME PAGE I printed my name, which attachment number (and page number, if applicable), and what specifically was on the page. I didn't print out a separate "cover" page for each document. I DID print a cover page for each attachment, and put a tab label on the bottom of the attachment cover page, per USCIS instructions.

Don't use post-it notes. They will fall off and get lost.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Sorry if you feel like you're going over this a lot with me, but it's very confusing, all I really wanted to know is if I could just paperclip the front and back of my Birth Certificate together and if not, how do I label the backside to let the person know it is the back of my Birth Certificate?

Timeline

Can we instead copy the Birth Certificate on one page, the front on one side, and the back on the opposing side of the paper, so it isn't two pages?

Would appreciate an answer, this whole thing is so damn confusing.

Edit: If we can have the Birth Certificate on one page, (Each side having on side of the Birth Certificate on it) how do we go about labelling the backside so it is clear to the person looking through it what it is?

Thank you.

Edited by JackAndWhitney

Timeline

Please ignore everything posted above. What I wanted to know is can I copy my birth certificate using 2 sided copying with the copy machine here at work, so that my birth certificate doesn't have to be 2 pages & I do not have to list the backside of my birth certificate as an attachment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Please ignore everything posted above. What I wanted to know is can I copy my birth certificate using 2 sided copying with the copy machine here at work, so that my birth certificate doesn't have to be 2 pages & I do not have to list the backside of my birth certificate as an attachment.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't do that. Hopefully, the adjudicator will check both sides. There's no reason you can't write into the margins on the photocopy to let them know what they're looking at. Very few documents would be printed all the way to the edge of the paper. I chose to scan them so I could print the entire thing - copy and heading - at the same time. In order to do this, full size document scans had to be reduced a little so I could fit the headings on the page. USCIS had no problem with this. I also reduced the copies of my passport by 50% so I could fit more passport pages onto single 8.5" x 11" page. Again, USCIS had no problem with this.

You could photocopy them and write in the heading manually. This stuff isn't critical, as long as they know what they're looking at and it's legible.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Well, I made a photocopy, but the backside took up the entire backside, but it is blank except for the single red digits at the bottom. Would they have a problem with me writing the heading at the top, even though the entire page is used up, but is blank? Or would I have to resize it so they see the entire copy without markings on it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.