=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

That, and it might be hard to prove an ongoing relationship if you've only known her a month. But there is no legal reason you can't submit the I 129f after only having known her a month.

SA4userbar.jpg

i just met my fiance a mounth a go.and she is 18 years .is this not gonna be a problem with filing i-129f

thanks

i think no.. she is 18 y/o now but u must both met in person that's the req. what others says here...

and we just also met when we filed the k1.. goodluck!!! :thumbs:

Edited by happyme
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
i just met my fiance a mounth a go.and she is 18 years .is this not gonna be a problem with filing i-129f

thanks

Legally : No problem

Morally : I don't think I need to comment :whistle:

Meh. We don't know how old Mike is. Maybe he's in his early 20's. :blush:

Her age won't be a problem, provided she's legal to marry in the state where the marriage will take place. The length of the relationship won't be a problem for the petition, provided there is sufficient proof of having met within 2 years.

The consulate stage is a whole 'nother story. If there's an age difference, I've heard this CAN be a problem at the consulate in Casa. I've heard it's a bigger problem if the petitioner is a female, and much older than the beneficiary. For reasons I don't fully comprehend, there seem to be a lot of older women petitioning younger men from Morocco. I don't know if a short relationship is a problem in Casa, but I'd be prepared with a truckload of evidence that there has been a serious relationship since the initial meeting. If it's not the cultural norm in Morocco to marry shortly after meeting, then you could expect the CO to seriously scrutinize the case.

I would casually suggest the OP take his time and get to know his fiancee really well before jumping off the board and filing the petition. :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

thanks

Her age won't be a problem, provided she's legal to marry in the state where the marriage will take place. The length of the relationship won't be a problem for the petition, provided there is sufficient proof of having met within 2 years.

The consulate stage is a whole 'nother story. If there's an age difference, I've heard this CAN be a problem at the consulate in Casa. I've heard it's a bigger problem if the petitioner is a female, and much older than the beneficiary. For reasons I don't fully comprehend, there seem to be a lot of older women petitioning younger men from Morocco. I don't know if a short relationship is a problem in Casa, but I'd be prepared with a truckload of evidence that there has been a serious relationship since the initial meeting. If it's not the cultural norm in Morocco to marry shortly after meeting, then you could expect the CO to seriously scrutinize the case.

I would casually suggest the OP take his time and get to know his fiancee really well before jumping off the board and filing the petition. :whistle:

:thumbs: As usual, there's wisdom from our friend Jim...

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

thanks

:thumbs: As usual, there's wisdom from our friend Jim...

Yes indeed!!! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thanks

Not for the petition. (I-129f) I cannot say if it will be a problem at the consulate, maybe ask around the MENA forum.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The petition shouldn't be a problem at all. You are both perfectly legal to proceed, and no moral judgment should even be implied on this board. As a practical matter for your joint benefit, you may want to spend more time together to be sure of yourselves.

When she's interviewed at the consulate, they will have every reason to be suspicious of this relationship. Do her parents approve, and is it in writing? That would improve her chances. Had you known each other at a distance for quite awhile? That circumstance will count. If you are twice her age, that's a red flag. On and on and on.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

depends on the consul, but definitely you can apply for k1 if you guys all ready met in person. it's a case to case basis. if you are divorced for 3 times, a lot older than your gf then consul may delay the petition, you may call it deny, but it will be fixed in time.i'm talking about my friend's experience.at first, she was asked to wait for the result of her interview, then after couple of months she was asked to come back for a second interview. finally, she passed.she was first interviewed sept.'08 then second interview in nov.'08, then by feb.'09 she's all ready in th US.

While, as many people have already stated, you cannot be denied just because you have only known your fiance for a month, you may have difficulty proving that this is a real and serious relationship. You will need to collect alot of evidence of the continuing relationship for your interview.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.