ScottThuy

HCMC Interview docs organization...

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my husband's really lucky...can't stand to have pics taken! :P I know how great of a deal it is...my sisters get their pictures taken EVERYTIME they come back!! :P LOL...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Scott, we opted to not include any of the studio pics because they were wedding shots not dam hoi shots. Not sure what you folks did. I did not want to in any way get the CO thinking that we had married while applying for a K-1. Hien wanted to do it because it is popular in VN, it was relatively inexpensive and they produced a very nice book full of the shots with lots of different computer-generated backgrounds. But they were just for us to enjoy, not the CO.

Regarding you being the camera operator, we carried a small tripod with adjustable legs with us everywhere and used the self-timer on the camera to take all of our shots. If we didn't do that, we would never have had any of the 2 of us.

We got the same pics you did at the studio, but we didnt get computer gen backgrounds... just the props they had.. I have been torn by that same issue.. include the wedding pics when a wedding has not taken place.. not this go.. I am including all of the ones in dresses other than Wedding dress... Will have Dam Hoi end of November... Will for sure have those pics.. I will get a tripod so We have more pics of the next visit.. it may be just before the interview...

The tripod I have been using has three spider legs with articulating joints so you can clamp it onto anything nearby. Has worked great and allowed us to get some great shots in places that otherwise would not have been possible. We still use it here in the US when we are boating or biking...never know when you want to snap a shot and nobody is around to ask.

Those books ARE really nice...I wished we would have done that just for the book, but I REALLY don't like taking pictures! :P

I dont like the photo sessions either.. over 3 hours and I was really sick that day... You can still get one done.. It is a great dealover there compared to the same thing here and the quality of the pictures was excellent.

I hate picture taking as well...but I did a 7-hour session for her. we were exhausted at the end of the day!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Those books ARE really nice...I wished we would have done that just for the book, but I REALLY don't like taking pictures! :P

I dont like the photo sessions either.. over 3 hours and I was really sick that day... You can still get one done.. It is a great dealover there compared to the same thing here and the quality of the pictures was excellent.

I hate picture taking as well...but I did a 7-hour session for her. we were exhausted at the end of the day!!

Wow...that's love! But wait...7-hour...is that offsite like at a garden or park somewhere you have to walk to all the picture taking scenese?? His sister had recommended a place like that in HCMC, but IDK...it sounded very tiring!!! lol...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.