60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I just wondered if this is normal.... The CSC asked for RFE, which I responded to and they received on the 18th.. But I have logged in to my account every day since then I have have recently noticed a touch on the 21st and a further 2 touches in the last 2 days, yet my status still says: Request for Evidence

On September 18, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.. etc..

Is this normal? Can anyone shed some light on this for me or am I worrying over nothing?

Thank you VJ Family

Claire :star:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Exactly the same with mine (AOS Application) they received my RFE 2 weeks ago, yet my status still says Request For Evidence. I'm not worrying too much as at least they have acknowledged that they have it and are continuing with my case.

Fingers crossed we both get an update soon :thumbs:

Timeline
Exactly the same with mine (AOS Application) they received my RFE 2 weeks ago, yet my status still says Request For Evidence. I'm not worrying too much as at least they have acknowledged that they have it and are continuing with my case.

Just so worried I have missed something else, god if I get another RFE I think I may just pass out... I wonder what they are doing? But yes your right at least they are paying our cases some sort of attention.. Good luck to us both..

:luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I found this at the bottom of the page...(i'm terrible for not reading things thoroughly..lol)

Note on "Last Updated" date:

Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email and/or text message notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

So i'm guessing all will be well, and status won't be changed until next stage is ready.

Let's hope it's soon ;)

Timeline
I found this at the bottom of the page...(i'm terrible for not reading things thoroughly..lol)

Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email and/or text message notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

So i'm guessing all will be well, and status won't be changed until next stage is ready.

Let's hope it's soon ;)

Ooops I missed that too ha ha :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just so worried I have missed something else, god if I get another RFE I think I may just pass out... I wonder what they are doing? But yes your right at least they are paying our cases some sort of attention.. Good luck to us both..

:luv:

I highly doubt they will give you another RFE at this late in the stage. Something tells me they just forgot to update the status and you will recieve the hardcopy in the mail within a few days. I wish they would be on top of updating everyones cases. Hang in there, as I am in the same boat.

Timeline

Let's hope it's soon ;)

wow, you got three touches. That is great!!!

Timeline

Let's hope it's soon ;)

wow, you got three touches. That is great!!!

Hey Star,

As I remember the last email I got off them was on the 20th yet dated the 18th so a 2 day delay!!! They are on yours honey, it is still early in California I am positive your Approval will be next... I wish they would be quicker in notifying us... Let's just hope us RFE's get processed quickly..

Although I was told that 2 touches in a row is rare and I may need to send off more evidence... :mellow:

Someone emailed me after they had the same thing only to be told they needed yet more evidence off them.. I am really hoping that doesn't happen to me..

Trust me honey your approval is next, keep positive..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everyone,

I just wondered if this is normal.... The CSC asked for RFE, which I responded to and they received on the 18th.. But I have logged in to my account every day since then I have have recently noticed a touch on the 21st and a further 2 touches in the last 2 days, yet my status still says: Request for Evidence

On September 18, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.. etc..

Is this normal? Can anyone shed some light on this for me or am I worrying over nothing?

Thank you VJ Family

Hi Barron just to shed some light your way...the new USCIS has been having some hiccups if i must say, we have people who got their CR1/IR1 NOA2 in the mail but the site shows case under initial review :whistle: i know it sounds crazy but you might have already been approved and due to this so called new USCIS thing it still shows RFE :yes: so good luck and keep an eye on your mailbox :unsure:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
Hey everyone,

Thank you VJ Family

Hi Barron just to shed some light your way...the new USCIS has been having some hiccups if i must say, we have people who got their CR1/IR1 NOA2 in the mail but the site shows case under initial review :whistle: i know it sounds crazy but you might have already been approved and due to this so called new USCIS thing it still shows RFE :yes: so good luck and keep an eye on your mailbox :unsure:

Ooohh Thank you ever so much for shedding some light on the subject, you have made me feel a little better although I won't be fully happy until I get that delayed email saying 'Approved'... My heart goes out to everyone going through this process.. It will be worth it in the end... :wub:

Timeline
Hey everyone,

Thank you VJ Family

Ooohh Thank you ever so much for shedding some light on the subject, you have made me feel a little better although I won't be fully happy until I get that delayed email saying 'Approved'... My heart goes out to everyone going through this process.. It will be worth it in the end... :wub:

Yes, same here I will not be fully happy until I get that delayed email saying the magic words "approved". I think I have figured the touches out. I do think your case is approved. After some extensive research on VJ from applicants with RFE's and touches. I think I have figured how this works. They touch your file once they resume processing, and they touch it another times once its approved, 2nd touch sometimes to mail out hardcopy, and than a last touch once they mail it out to NVC. So, yours could be very well at the NVC as we speak they just are behind the system update. I could be wrong, but this has been the pattern so far.

Thanks for giving me confident on my NOA2. I really hope that I am next. But, hoping you get yours before mine as you waited a bit longer. Be sure to check your mailbox it should be there soon.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
Hey everyone,

Thank you VJ Family

Yes, same here I will not be fully happy until I get that delayed email saying the magic words "approved". I think I have figured the touches out. I do think your case is approved. After some extensive research on VJ from applicants with RFE's and touches. I think I have figured how this works. They touch your file once they resume processing, and they touch it another times once its approved, 2nd touch sometimes to mail out hardcopy, and than a last touch once they mail it out to NVC. So, yours could be very well at the NVC as we speak they just are behind the system update. I could be wrong, but this has been the pattern so far.

Thanks for giving me confident on my NOA2. I really hope that I am next. But, hoping you get yours before mine as you waited a bit longer. Be sure to check your mailbox it should be there soon.

Hey Star,

We are all here for support and thank you ever so much you have given me so much hope... No matter how long we have all been waiting I really hope we get ours at the same time, remember it is still early at California so keep checking your touches honey... I have a good feeling about this..

Your words have really given me hope .. Thank you

*hugs*

Claire

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.