135 posts in this topic

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

ChrisM

Visit her in Russia. Plan on spending at least 10 days there. However don't be afraid to think about a back up plan. If things don't go well, well Kemerovo isn't what I would call a tourist destination. Plan on going to St. Pete's or Moscow.

Wishing you well, and hope you don't need a back up plan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Go to her home town.

She lives there and has a life, so there will be things to see and do.

The 1st visit is best to be at more normal pace.

Save the Holiday for later.

Start your K-1 as soon as you know.

and yes...welcome to the nut house.

event.png

funny Marina studies english video

K-1 Visa

Days between events...

129F sent NOA1 = 17 days

NOA1 to NOA2 = 150 days...that is 5 MONTHS

NOA2 to NVC in = 11 days

NVC in to NVC out = 24 days

NVC out to being told date of interview = 18 days

NVC out to Interview = 77 days...WAY TOO LONG !

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-13

NVC Received : 2009-08-24

NVC Left : 2009-09-17

Consulate Received : approx : 2009-09-30

Medical exam, Dr Boris : 2009-12-01 Marina passed...with a few shots

Interview : 2009-12-02...Marina passed!!! Visa in hand

Where did the last year go?

Wait wait wait, now we rush to both be ready.

She flys out this Friday, and we both have so much to do!

The house looks as only a guy has lived here for many years.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 150 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 261 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Meeting her in Russia is over rated IMJ. The trip is long, expensive and the accommodations in Russia ar inferior unless you dig very deep into your pocket book. You also need a visa which will require paying a company to get it for you plus the visa costs. Expect to spend around $150-$180 for a simple tourist visa good for 30 days.

A better idea, especially for you, is to meet her in the Dominican Republic. The trip will be relatively short for you and no one needs a visa. Most vacation deals in the DR are all inclusive so you get plane, hotel, food, drinks for one price. If you meet in the spring you will avoid the high season rates so you should do OK on costs. You will need to buy her plane ticket from Moscow to the DR.

I found I was exhausted and not at my best when I arrived in Russia, and the time difference makes for a nasty case of jet lag and adjustment. It took me many days to get it together. This may impact on both your perceptions of her and her's of you. Better to meet in a relaxed, comfortable, vacation environment and create a romantic setting well rested. The dollars spent in the DR will probably not be any worse than the crazy prices in Russia for sub par housing and expensive food and transportation.

As others mentioned...it's a classic scam move to have a RW claim she can get a visa to visit you in the USA. The odds of a young, single Russian woman getting a tourist visa to the states is very low. If she insists on coming to you, you're probably dealing with a scam artist.

Timeline
If she insists on coming to you, you're probably dealing with a scam artist.

Except that she's not. She said she was going to leave location up to him. Everything the OP's posted sounds like she's legit.

More compelling is the fact that they are not talking about meeting until spring. Most scammers want to move fast with money transfers for "visa packages."

If their willing to wait so long to meet, they should do well with the K-1 visa wait.

Filed: Timeline

Well her story goes something like this... She is 28, I am 34. She has a degree in economics and will have another degree in finance in February. She has gone as far as taking video of herself in her class while her teacher is teaching (which I thought was very cute). This is one of the reasons we are waiting til the spring. We thought the weather would be better and we would have more time to get to know one another as well. She is a very sweet girl and you can see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice she is true. I really don't want to put her on trial here. I appreciate the help, but I do not think her honesty the issue. She did tell me she was married (to a Russian) before, and the reason she left him was because he drank too much. I can truly appreciate her courage and honesty in that. She has showed me through pictures and video the area in which she lives. She is in these videos and has addressed me continually. She has stayed up until 1 or 2 in the morning emailing me when she has to be at work the next day.

So to me she is a good person with a big heart. I am not a gullible guy, but I admit the first month and a half of conversation I was trying to figure her out as well. Of course I do not want to be taken for a fool, but I can assure you she is a great girl who has a lot to offer. I appreciate you al looking out for the "New Guy," but I do not want to question her intentions anymore.

So on to other issues... I guess I will be thinking about where we want to go. It seems like there are many options. If I did DR I would be fine, but it would be along trip for her. If I go to Russia it would be a long trip for me. either way I think we will bother be tired. Oh well, the world is not in one time zone. I know we have some time to think about this, so I will continue to run this by her to see what she wants to do as well. Either way we are 12 hours apart and someone, or both of us are going to be tired. ha ha.

Thanks again guys.

Edited by Chris M

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Well her story goes something like this... She is 28, I am 34. She has a degree in economics and will have another degree in finance in February. She has gone as far as taking video of herself in her class while her teacher is teaching (which I thought was very cute). This is one of the reasons we are waiting til the spring. We thought the weather would be better and we would have more time to get to know one another as well. She is a very sweet girl and you can see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice she is true. I really don't want to put her on trial here. I appreciate the help, but I do not think her honesty the issue. She did tell me she was married (to a Russian) before, and the reason she left him was because he drank too much. I can truly appreciate her courage and honesty in that. She has showed me through pictures and video the area in which she lives. She is in these videos and has addressed me continually. She has stayed up until 1 or 2 in the morning emailing me when she has to be at work the next day.

So to me she is a good person with a big heart. I am not a gullible guy, but I admit the first month and a half of conversation I was trying to figure her out as well. Of course I do not want to be taken for a fool, but I can assure you she is a great girl who has a lot to offer. I appreciate you al looking out for the "New Guy," but I do not want to question her intentions anymore.

So on to other issues... I guess I will be thinking about where we want to go. It seems like there are many options. If I did DR I would be fine, but it would be along trip for her. If I go to Russia it would be a long trip for me. either way I think we will bother be tired. Oh well, the world is not in one time zone. I know we have some time to think about this, so I will continue to run this by her to see what she wants to do as well. Either way we are 12 hours apart and someone, or both of us are going to be tired. ha ha.

Thanks again guys.

My friend don't ask me why, but if you were born between 11-FEB-1975 and 30-JAN-1976 and she was born between 5-FEB-1981 and 24-JAN-1982, that is a very bad combination and you better run for the hills, because sooner or later you are going to feel oppressed and very unhappy as a result.

These relationships are sweet at the beginning, but the differences run so deep that you two will have a difficult time making it work, no matter how hard you try. I understand that every personality is different, but I learned the hard way. So, why tempt fate?

If any of you falls outside those dates, then everything should be more workable. Believe me only if you want, but I am not joking about this. Sorry for being negative, but ... :star:

Filed: Timeline
If she insists on coming to you, you're probably dealing with a scam artist.

Except that she's not. She said she was going to leave location up to him. Everything the OP's posted sounds like she's legit.

More compelling is the fact that they are not talking about meeting until spring. Most scammers want to move fast with money transfers for "visa packages."

If their willing to wait so long to meet, they should do well with the K-1 visa wait.

Good point, and agreed.

If any of you falls outside those dates, then everything should be more workable. Believe me only if you want, but I am not joking about this. Sorry for being negative, but ... :star:

Chris, did I mention it's a nuthouse? You thought I was trying to make a funny, dint'cha? ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
I am not a gullible guy, but I admit the first month and a half of conversation I was trying to figure her out as well.

ya...good luck with that one!!! You could spend the rest of your life trying to figure a woman out, it is a fools errand. :D

Of course I do not want to be taken for a fool, but I can assure you she is a great girl who has a lot to offer. I appreciate you al looking out for the "New Guy," but I do not want to question her intentions anymore.

Well if she is trying to finish school then I can totally understand the small delay before meeting. Although she should have some time at New Years where if you have the vacation time, I would suggest meeting her then. New Year's in Russia is well, there really is only one way to put it, it is fracking awesome!!! Everyone should try it.

Ask more questions, get opinions, filter them out and decide what is best for you.

Best of luck to ya.

My friend don't ask me why, but if you were born between 11-FEB-1975 and 30-JAN-1976 and she was born between 5-FEB-1981 and 24-JAN-1982, that is a very bad combination and you better run for the hills, because sooner or later you are going to feel oppressed and very unhappy as a result.

These relationships are sweet at the beginning, but the differences run so deep that you two will have a difficult time making it work, no matter how hard you try. I understand that every personality is different, but I learned the hard way. So, why tempt fate?

are you consulting the chinese zodiac place mat at the local buffet? ridiculous

Timeline
are you consulting the chinese zodiac place mat at the local buffet? ridiculous

Agree! Sounds ridiculous, but why make it more difficult than it already is?

If they fit the profile I mentioned, let the love birds consummate their wishes and desires, but I hope that they report back in a couple years. I would love to be proven wrong on this one, because so far I have not seen one successful example. By successful I do not mean that they tolerate each other, but that they are very happy living together and love each other very much.

Good friends, but terrible lovers. Misunderstandings abound and they are very easy to come by.

Timeline
Chris, did I mention it's a nuthouse? You thought I was trying to make a funny, dint'cha? ;)

Mox, thank you for saying that I am nuts... :thumbs:

... after waiting eight months I am ready to jump from a tree :dance:

Less than two weeks left. I better start cleaning :devil:

instead of spending all my free time in this nuthouse.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks again guys.

Chris, it will be a long trip for either; I suggest you make the long part of any trip. That will show to her (and yourself) that you are committed. She will know the struggle you will have. I suggest you meet somewhere close to her. I've suggested Ukraine since you do not need a visa and it would be a two day train trip for her. If you both have never been there, then it's perfect. Remember though, unless you have tons of time, hopefully you two will be more interested in each other than your surroundings.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

If you make the long trip, all you have to look forward to is cold weather, nutty prices for basic items, lousy hotels, expensive but only fair food and jet lag from hell.

Bit if she comes to the DR, she has everything to look forward to...a great hotel, the Caribbean beach, great food, warm weather, a romantic setting. How often does a Russian woman have to run around in a bikini?

If you have to prove something to her, you will prove you are willing to bring her to paradise. This is great gift for her...and a good beginning to your actual relationship.

At some point you may need to go to Russia...but don't rush it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.