jsnearline

New IMBRA Restrictions on Petitions Make Sense

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Sorry about the Politics!

It just frosts me when people just accept the nonsense the Gov. hands out on a daily basis.

Enouph Politics?

Anybody want a Beer?

Would love one.. although waiting for my approval has sure caused me to drink more then usual :blink:

Given the current climate, tt wouldn't surprise me if more restrictions are placed on immigration as time goes by.

Yeah perhaps.. who knows.. maybe after this whole dibocal someone will put some fire under USCIS to work a little harder.. haha .. but you said earlier this act .. if it gets overturned? Who in the gov't is going to stand against an act that is supposed to protect women?? That is no-no territory.. :wacko:

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My apologies for the polygamy remark.

Societal norms are what tend to dictate what laws are written in these areas. There is a deep divide in this country over immigration right now. Given the current climate, tt wouldn't surprise me if more restrictions are placed on immigration as time goes by.

No Problem. You are right on the money, it does go back to the "States Rights" question. Hey, how about the difference between Embassies on how deep the look for Fraud. I mean Manila is one of the hardest to get a Visa because of fraud. I bet they look a lot more closely at Petitions and establishing a real relationship than other embassies? From what I have seen posted, It's easier to deal with just about any other embassy? Is there Protocol Tougher?

Timeline

Societal norms are what tend to dictate what laws are written in these areas. There is a deep divide in this country over immigration right now. Given the current climate, tt wouldn't surprise me if more restrictions are placed on immigration as time goes by.

No Problem. You are right on the money, it does go back to the "States Rights" question. Hey, how about the difference between Embassies on how deep the look for Fraud. I mean Manila is one of the hardest to get a Visa because of fraud. I bet they look a lot more closely at Petitions and establishing a real relationship than other embassies? From what I have seen posted, It's easier to deal with just about any other embassy? Is there Protocol Tougher?

MAN some embassies are rough.. And yeah I hear some rough things about Manila.. I was bored and was going through the reviews of all the embassies and what people said.. some where .. "oh they asked how long we have known each other and then we are on our way" some they just said.. NO .. before anything happened.. Kinda sad how much difference there is between all the embassies.. I lucked out and have heard nothing but great things about AIT for Taiwan.

Oh yeah here is the link if your interested

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php

Edited by vartan

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Timeline

MAN some embassies are rough.. And yeah I hear some rough things about Manila.. I was bored and was going through the reviews of all the embassies and what people said.. some where .. "oh they asked how long we have known each other and then we are on our way" some they just said.. NO .. before anything happened.. Kinda sad how much difference there is between all the embassies.. I lucked out and have heard nothing but great things about AIT for Taiwan.

Oh yeah here is the link if your interested

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php

Thanks

Timeline

Be happy its not Egypt.. no offense to anyone with a fiance from Egypt but I hear bad bad things about their embassy. especially about blackmail ..

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

I hear that HMC in Vietniam is the hardest these days. I hope that Manila is at least fair enough to see a real relationship for what it is. You just can't get anymore real than mine. 2 1/2 years, 6 visits and total finacial support. Not to mention that I got her a Vonage phone so she has a local phone number. I can document hours of talking on the phone every day for years.

So if someone doesn't answer your questions in the manner specified, or challenges your opinion jsn - they are a flamer, a wanna-be polygamist, or worse?

I'm convinced now that you are symbiotically feeding on the agitation your post created, so I sign off and will give you no further fuel, since I wish to relegate your discussion to the recycle bin, pronto.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree... Let it die. IF passions are too enflamed on this issue to have a reasoned discussion it makes no sense to continue it.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

I hear that HMC in Vietniam is the hardest these days. I hope that Manila is at least fair enough to see a real relationship for what it is. You just can't get anymore real than mine. 2 1/2 years, 6 visits and total finacial support. Not to mention that I got her a Vonage phone so she has a local phone number. I can document hours of talking on the phone every day for years.

I've heard Manila is tough, supposedly the State Dept sends their best CO's to Manila because of all the fraud. But I have also seen some really good interview experiences. 10 to 15 questions, proof of continuing relationship, and then good luck on your new life in America. So I wish that for you two and of course for me and Sheryl too. hehe

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Timeline

My wife had her interview in Manila and she was asked some pretty specific stuff, like my brother's name, where I work, and where my parents live. She went through two rounds of questioning. First screening was by a Filipino. The second was by an American CO. She thought it was fair and they issued her visa two days later. The only complaint we had is she missed her first interview because they sent the notice less than a week ahead of time and she didn't get it in time.

08/28/2004 Engaged

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

My wife had her interview in Manila and she was asked some pretty specific stuff, like my brother's name, where I work, and where my parents live. She went through two rounds of questioning. First screening was by a Filipino. The second was by an American CO. She thought it was fair and they issued her visa two days later. The only complaint we had is she missed her first interview because they sent the notice less than a week ahead of time and she didn't get it in time.

Thanks for sharing that. I have seen some other people have similar experiences. Like never receiving their packets or receiving them the week after their interview was scheduled. Looks like you can call the state dept. get a case number when the file gets to Manila and find out your medical and interview dates just in case the packet doesn't come in time.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Trust me, when it gets to the point of waiting for the packet 3 I will be all over it. Luz isn't gonna miss any interview because of a misplaced or non-deliverd packet.

Trust me, when it gets to the point of waiting for the packet 3 I will be all over it. Luz isn't gonna miss any interview because of a misplaced or non-deliverd packet.

I'm with ya. :thumbs:

DEAN AND SHERYL

Timeline

The thing was that they SCHEDULED the interview with less than a week's notice. I had been calling the embassy faithfully each week trying to get an update. That's why I was so shocked when I called them one week and found out (five days after my last call) that my wife had missed her interview. Fortunately we were able to get it rescheduled five days later, but we were pretty panicked for a few hours that day while we worked things out. All's well that ends well though.

Edited by jsnearline

08/28/2004 Engaged

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

Timeline
The thing was that they SCHEDULED the interview with less than a week's notice. I had been calling the embassy faithfully each week trying to get an update. That's why I was so shocked when I called them one week and found out (five days after my last call) that my wife had missed her interview. Fortunately we were able to get it rescheduled five days later, but we were pretty panicked for a few hours that day while we worked things out. All's well that ends well though.

Just go to the Embassies pdf file link and look up the case #. M Fiances intereview would have been Aug 22nd, cause other Case File #'s 1 digit before and 1 digit after her's are scheduled for that day :no:

Just go to the Embassies pdf file link and look up the case #. M Fiances intereview would have been Aug 22nd, cause other Case File #'s 1 digit before and 1 digit after her's are scheduled for that day :no:

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwfvisa.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.